[3.30 Beta 1] Workforce Food/Meds Consumption query

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Scoob
x4

[3.30 Beta 1] Workforce Food/Meds Consumption query

Post by Scoob » Wed, 1. Jul 20, 01:29

Hi,

I'll start by saying I've NEVER bothered adding a Workforce to my stations until now. However, I have a query regarding how much Food and Medical Supplies they consume. This consumption value appears to be based on the number of Habitats built and NOT the actual number of Workers. I.e. I've built 11 Habitats (out of a planned 16) and have just 266 out of a possible 11,000 Workers at the moment. However, their consumption seems to go up each time a new Habitat is completed and not when new Workers arrive. Is this right?

In my current game Food and Medical supplies are plentiful, however, I've had other play-throughs where this is not the case. Usually I'd want to be 100% self-sufficient for everything, but s I'm playing with Workforce for the first time, I thought I'd let the NPC economy supply me - which they seem to be doing just fine at the moment.

Also, my Workforce are increasing VERY slowly, any way to speed it up? I theorised that the increase (shifts) was per habitat, and I have several so I expect that will help. They are also fully supplied with Food and Meds - I stocked up beforehand. I already had a large station - requiring over 16,000 Workers - so I expect this would have been less painful if I'd added Habitats as I went. However, I did not have access to them and they're very expensive. I hope they give a decent benefit in the end!

Scoob.

z1ppeh
x4

Re: [3.30 Beta 1] Workforce Food/Meds Consumption query

Post by z1ppeh » Wed, 1. Jul 20, 11:46

Consumption, I dunno.

Workforce arriving is per the different race habs and is one value regardless of how many of those habs you have. If you want to stack workforce the quickest is to add a hab of each race. If you just want particular races workforce then your stuck with waiting. This is why its beneficial (if you want a full workforce late game) to start as early as possible.

Scoob
x4

Re: [3.30 Beta 1] Workforce Food/Meds Consumption query

Post by Scoob » Wed, 1. Jul 20, 15:30

z1ppeh wrote:
Wed, 1. Jul 20, 11:46
Consumption, I dunno.

Workforce arriving is per the different race habs and is one value regardless of how many of those habs you have. If you want to stack workforce the quickest is to add a hab of each race. If you just want particular races workforce then your stuck with waiting. This is why its beneficial (if you want a full workforce late game) to start as early as possible.
AH, thanks. I only have one Habitat - the Argon Large one - unlocked, so I've built lots of those. It does seem VERY excessive how long it takes to gain workforce, I really hope it's worth it. My thinking was that the station is sort of finished, module-wise, for the moment so I'll add some Workforce to see how useful they are. In hindsight I should have picked one of my smaller stations.

It's a really odd call to only have Workforce increase at such a very slow rate. I need over 16,000 workers for my station and I'm up to about 200 odd after a number of hours. However, as per my original point, I'm consuming more Food and Meds as each Habitat completes and NOT as it actually fills up with workers. Who's eating all that food and getting injured constantly?

Scoob.

Return to “X4: Foundations”