[5.0 Beta I+II] Crash during Split Plot in Heart of Acrimony - Determined as a psu overheating issue.

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

SkyRider

[5.0 Beta I+II] Crash during Split Plot in Heart of Acrimony - Determined as a psu overheating issue.

Post by SkyRider » Thu, 27. Jan 22, 14:35

My System crashes during the Split-Plot (Dal Busta). It happens when docking with the funeral ship when switching to the cutscene.

I tried to check why this is happening and found that my system sometimes lost connection to the sound card after rebooting. So I think it's a problem with the sound card driver. It worked after the fifth try, but I wanted to report it anyway. There is also a graphic error in the hall (Screenshots).

All files incl. Savgame are stored here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/14a3jHW ... sp=sharing

Regards

dmk
x4

Re: [5.0 Beta I+II] Crash during Split Plot in Heart of Acrimony

Post by dmk » Thu, 27. Jan 22, 16:18

can confirm visual bug after loading save and going to court of Curbs

did you try to disable Sound in Game Settings/Sound Settings, or switch Sound device there?
i.e. does this prevent (at least in several tries) crash?

SkyRider

Post by SkyRider » Thu, 27. Jan 22, 22:06

I tried several things. First i found out, that Nvidia HD-Audio is installed on my Windows. Which i always uncheck with Graphics-Driver update. Because of the Soundblaster, this Driver got me in problems for several times. Searched and found out, that this Driver is actually delivered by MS-Windows-Update :?

I deactivated the Nvidia-HD Audio and also the Nvidia-Virtual Audio-Device (WDM Wave Extensible), switched ingame between System-Default and Soundblaster etc. Tried everything about 15 times (5 times per config) and can't reproduce the crash :sceptic:

Even if i re-activate the Nvidia devices.

Actually i'm speechless. :gruebel:

dmk
x4

Post by dmk » Thu, 27. Jan 22, 22:41

well unless you can reproduce crash, crash topic was short-lived (still can't understand how you get four crashes in a row at exactly same plot time),
however visual bug is still there, and reproducible from save, so i hope admins change subject accordingly.

SkyRider

Post by SkyRider » Thu, 27. Jan 22, 22:55

Last time (today) the game crashed at normal Sector-Change. Maybe it's just time for a new Windows 10 installation. Still confused about it. Seems to be a local problem. Anyway...thx for the quick answers. I will do a clean win installation and try again.

dmk
x4

Post by dmk » Fri, 28. Jan 22, 06:04

random crashes with change of sector may have other reason and linked with:
viewtopic.php?f=180&t=444626

Fercko2
xr

Post by Fercko2 » Thu, 3. Feb 22, 19:12

So I had the Graphical glitch. I have an AMD Card, and there was no Crash. It was only the visual Glitch.

https://ibb.co/ByRmXBN

https://ibb.co/wy0ksNp

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 3. Feb 22, 19:14

That's likely to be completely unrelated to any crash. Please make a separate thread and provide the usual information with it, preferably including a savegame so that we can see it in-game.

SkyRider

Post by SkyRider » Sat, 12. Feb 22, 13:42

Turned out that it was a heat problem (PC Power Supply)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”