[#1405]Graphics glitch on Colossus Vanguard - dock very dark with reflection probes on any setting - Fix in 6.20 b6.

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

|-|Mohawk|-|
x4

[#1405]Graphics glitch on Colossus Vanguard - dock very dark with reflection probes on any setting - Fix in 6.20 b6.

Post by |-|Mohawk|-| » Mon, 31. Jul 23, 05:47

I'm experiencing a strange graphics glitch on the Colossus Vanguard. The S dock area is almost completely dark. I've attached some screenshots (one on the dock, and one from the bridge). I have not seen this before, and I've been playing the game for some time. When the game first loads the dock is rendered correctly, but then after a second it goes dark, like it's missing all lighting. Anyone else have this problem? I've experimented with the graphics settings but nothing seems to fix it.

I'm running the latest 6.20 public beta 5. My graphics settings are everything on ultra except for volumetric fog, which is off, and MSAA 4x. I have an RTX 3080 running an ultrawide monitor at 3440x1440.
Attachments
20230730231929_1.jpg
20230730231948_1.jpg
Last edited by Alan Phipps on Tue, 1. Aug 23, 11:09, edited 1 time in total.
Autopilot epically failed.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Graphics glitch on Colossus Vanguard

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 31. Jul 23, 17:09

Do you have shadows enabled?

You would be best posting some information such as links to a very recent DxDiag, Vulkaninfo and your config.xml, and to a vanilla save that shows the issue happening. The devs cannot diagnose from a screenshot.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

|-|Mohawk|-|
x4

Post by |-|Mohawk|-| » Mon, 31. Jul 23, 19:11

Alan Phipps wrote:
Mon, 31. Jul 23, 17:09
Do you have shadows enabled?

You would be best posting some information such as links to a very recent DxDiag, Vulkaninfo and your config.xml, and to a vanilla save that shows the issue happening. The devs cannot diagnose from a screenshot.
Here's a link to save, config, and dxdiag files. I don't know what Vulkaninfo is. Yes, shadows are on. All graphics settings are on the ultra preset (except for volumetric fog, which is off). Changing graphics settings doesn't seem to affect the problem, though.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... drive_link

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 31. Jul 23, 22:31

I'll rephrase, is shadows one of the settings you toggled to see if it changed things? The link I gave you also links to how to get Vulkaninfo.

The DxDiag looks OK but you do seem to be having a few issues with your XBox Gaming Overlay - if you use it with X4.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

|-|Mohawk|-|
x4

Post by |-|Mohawk|-| » Tue, 1. Aug 23, 00:14

Alan Phipps wrote:
Mon, 31. Jul 23, 22:31
I'll rephrase, is shadows one of the settings you toggled to see if it changed things? The link I gave you also links to how to get Vulkaninfo.

The DxDiag looks OK but you do seem to be having a few issues with your XBox Gaming Overlay - if you use it with X4.
Ah, I see what you're asking. I'll experiment with the shadows settings.

Also I uploaded the vulkaninfo to that Drive folder.

I'm guessing the XBox Gaming Overlay is related to the XBox Gaming Bar? I do use that sometimes, though not with X4.

|-|Mohawk|-|
x4

Post by |-|Mohawk|-| » Tue, 1. Aug 23, 01:12

OK after further experimentation the shadows settings don't seem to affect/solve the glitch.

|-|Mohawk|-|
x4

Re: Graphics glitch on Colossus Vanguard - dock is very dark when reflection probes are turned on any setting

Post by |-|Mohawk|-| » Tue, 1. Aug 23, 01:16

Found the problem. It's the reflection probes setting. If I turn that off the dock becomes visible again.

BurnIt!
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [#1405]Graphics glitch on Colossus Vanguard - dock is very dark when reflection probes are turned on any setting

Post by BurnIt! » Wed, 2. Aug 23, 16:27

The problem has been fixed in 6.20 Beta 6 which was just released.
BurnIt!
In der Ruhe liegt die Kraft. / In peace lies strength.

|-|Mohawk|-|
x4

Re: [#1405]Graphics glitch on Colossus Vanguard - dock is very dark when reflection probes are turned on any setting

Post by |-|Mohawk|-| » Wed, 2. Aug 23, 22:48

BurnIt! wrote:
Wed, 2. Aug 23, 16:27
The problem has been fixed in 6.20 Beta 6 which was just released.
You guys are awesome!

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”