[BETA 6.20][built 510529] Bug with AMF-III e Terraforming mission? - resolved

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

waadaa85
x4

[BETA 6.20][built 510529] Bug with AMF-III e Terraforming mission? - resolved

Post by waadaa85 » Sat, 5. Aug 23, 17:59

Vanilla un-modded game

Hi,
Currently working at increasing humidity on AMF-III e terraforming mission and have the following levels indicators in the terraforming mission dashboard (see image in dropbox link below)
It seems there is something wrong with the methane, which shows on the left it is in the green and yet, methane level requirement for the tropical resort still shows that requirement isn't fulfilled.
Is it just me or a display glitch/bug ?

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/fc226t4i ... 1204q&dl=0

And here is the game save:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/hf7darl3 ... h1k9l&dl=0

Last - Quick question - Is the global warming effect is supposed to stop after both scaffolding and volcano caps have been completed? It seems some changes have been brought to some terraforming missions along v6.20 compared to the current v.6.10?

Thanks again for that incredible game ! :D
WaaDaa

"Station Administration would like to remind you to keep the children away from the airlocks"

|-|Mohawk|-|
x4

Re: [BETA 6.20][built 510529] Bug with AMF-III e Terraforming mission?

Post by |-|Mohawk|-| » Sat, 5. Aug 23, 19:35

I believe that to build some terraforming projects you have to get rid of all the methane. The luxury housing in Memory of Profit is this way. Even if methane is in the green you cannot build the luxury housing. I haven't done the project you're referring to yet but I suspect it's similar.
Autopilot epically failed.

waadaa85
x4

Post by waadaa85 » Sun, 6. Aug 23, 15:27

|-|Mohawk|-| wrote:
Sat, 5. Aug 23, 19:35
I believe that to build some terraforming projects you have to get rid of all the methane. The luxury housing in Memory of Profit is this way. Even if methane is in the green you cannot build the luxury housing. I haven't done the project you're referring to yet but I suspect it's similar.
thanks for the tip, I'll do the methane oxidizers one more time and post the result.
If this is true, the methane level indicator's green dot is misleading and should either be removed entirely and show only yellow dots imho.

cheers,
WaaDaa

"Station Administration would like to remind you to keep the children away from the airlocks"

|-|Mohawk|-|
x4

Post by |-|Mohawk|-| » Sun, 6. Aug 23, 18:29

waadaa85 wrote:
Sun, 6. Aug 23, 15:27
|-|Mohawk|-| wrote:
Sat, 5. Aug 23, 19:35
thanks for the tip, I'll do the methane oxidizers one more time and post the result.
If this is true, the methane level indicator's green dot is misleading and should either be removed entirely and show only yellow dots imho.

cheers,
Check the requirements for the terraforming project. If it was possible to build with methane in the green, it would have a green square next to methane in the project requirements. Those little colored squares tell you the parameters for the build. You have to match whatever is in the building project requirements in order to proceed with the build. If there's no colored square, just a red X, that means you have to get rid of all the methane before you can build.

waadaa85
x4

Post by waadaa85 » Mon, 7. Aug 23, 04:21

You were right, one last round of methane oxidizers and, tropical resort was unlocked.
thanks again
WaaDaa

|-|Mohawk|-|
x4

Post by |-|Mohawk|-| » Fri, 11. Aug 23, 03:01

waadaa85 wrote:
Mon, 7. Aug 23, 04:21
You were right, one last round of methane oxidizers and, tropical resort was unlocked.
thanks again
No problem. Glad you got it worked out.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”