Removal of multiple ship dealerships is not an improvement - Further improvement in a build after 6.20.

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

|-|Mohawk|-|
x4

Removal of multiple ship dealerships is not an improvement - Further improvement in a build after 6.20.

Post by |-|Mohawk|-| » Sun, 13. Aug 23, 01:37

I may be in the minority with this opinion, but the new update which makes it so there is only one ship dealership at a wharf/shipyard is not an improvement. I build my stations with multiple docks, and now to find the one that has the ship dealership (because it's not always the same one) I have to scroll through the list trying to find it. When you have a lot of docks, and a lot of ships landed on your docks, it can get pretty tedious.

Personally I did not mind the old system where there were multiple ship dealerships, but only one was manned. I never used the ship trader anyway. You can right-click on the station and build ships that way. What I use the ship dealership for most is the workbench. This new update makes it less convenient to get to the workbench.
Autopilot epically failed.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Removal of multiple ship dealerships is not an improvement

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 13. Aug 23, 10:04

So, basically, all you really would like is more mod workbench locations per shipbuilding station and the probably good reasons that Egosoft might have for limiting ship dealers to one per station could stand.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Sun, 13. Aug 23, 21:10

|-|Mohawk|-| wrote:
Sun, 13. Aug 23, 01:37
I may be in the minority with this opinion, but the new update which makes it so there is only one ship dealership at a wharf/shipyard is not an improvement. I build my stations with multiple docks, and now to find the one that has the ship dealership (because it's not always the same one) I have to scroll through the list trying to find it. When you have a lot of docks, and a lot of ships landed on your docks, it can get pretty tedious.

Personally I did not mind the old system where there were multiple ship dealerships, but only one was manned. I never used the ship trader anyway. You can right-click on the station and build ships that way. What I use the ship dealership for most is the workbench. This new update makes it less convenient to get to the workbench.
Actually, since I have been "investigating" what was happening with the Boron Wharfs and posted a Bug Report you might want to look at the answer I got from the devs:

viewtopic.php?f=192&t=457055#p5199622

sirprosik
x4

Post by sirprosik » Mon, 14. Aug 23, 16:09

My recommendation is that if there is only ONE ship dealer per station then it should be on the S/M Build module not a generic dock.
And on instances where there are multiple S/M build modules make the second+ match configuration with the maintenance dock :)
and make one of the benches a ship mod bench please.

I personally only went to talk to the NPC I assigned as ship trader once. I right click the station and select build ships. As far as
the trading stations the delay for traders is/was terrible on Terran enclosed docks and the Boron ones. Do the traders even share
variables with the shipbuilder?

|-|Mohawk|-|
x4

Post by |-|Mohawk|-| » Wed, 16. Aug 23, 00:09

Alan Phipps wrote:
Sun, 13. Aug 23, 10:04
So, basically, all you really would like is more mod workbench locations per shipbuilding station and the probably good reasons that Egosoft might have for limiting ship dealers to one per station could stand.
Yeah, I suppose so. Maybe put them with traders; there's already a crafting table there. Also, I'm not sure why there's not a mod workbench in the research lab. Seems like a logical place to have one. But it seems like they wanted to limit mod workbenches to places where you buy ships; there's not one at equipment docks, only at wharfs/shipyards.
Autopilot epically failed.

flywlyx
x4

Post by flywlyx » Wed, 23. Aug 23, 18:48

Alan Phipps wrote:
Sun, 13. Aug 23, 10:04
Alternatively, that particular dealership is placed at the beginning of the elevator list, eliminating the need to scroll down to locate it.

florianlt
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by florianlt » Wed, 6. Sep 23, 09:29

The order of Dock Areas will be improved in an upcoming build.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”