[7.00 beta 2] Criminal mission to destroy 40 criminal ships. Issues plus `ghost shiop makes it even worse`. - explained

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Socratatus
x4

[7.00 beta 2] Criminal mission to destroy 40 criminal ships. Issues plus `ghost shiop makes it even worse`. - explained

Post by Socratatus » Sat, 20. Apr 24, 17:30

Ok I got a mission to destroy criminal ships. The money is good. There are, forty (40) ships to destroy (although I wish we could have a chance to arrest, but that's besides the point of this post).

The issue is the criminal ships appear real slowly, like maybe 1 every 5-10 minutes or longer; can the frequency not be increased? I've been at this most of the day waiting around for the next crim ship. Add the fact that now I have the infamous `ghost` criminal ship that can't die and I have to ignore which I think is delaying things even further. I'm a patient man, but this is really pushing it for an endurance test...

I will try to get a Save file up though I've never used Dropbox I'd prefer just to add it as a file here, but that don't seem to work. I'll try again.
"If you`re looking for that one person who can change your life, take a look in the mirror."
"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking."
"Don`t raise your voice. improve your argument."
"Some men are morally opposed to violence. They are protected by men who are not."

Socratatus
x4

Re: [7.00 beta 2] Criminal mission to destroy 40 criminal ships. Issues plus `ghost shiop makes it even worse`.

Post by Socratatus » Sat, 20. Apr 24, 19:00

Small update: Ok, quitting and restarting the save stops the ship from a being a `ghost` and it can be destroyed. Hmmmm, this could explain why Save files sent in don't work for the Devs. the problem won't replicate in a loaded save...
"If you`re looking for that one person who can change your life, take a look in the mirror."
"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking."
"Don`t raise your voice. improve your argument."
"Some men are morally opposed to violence. They are protected by men who are not."

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [7.00 beta 2] Criminal mission to destroy 40 criminal ships. Issues plus `ghost shiop makes it even worse`.

Post by Ketraar » Mon, 22. Apr 24, 15:38

You are correct, this has been reported many times but its not easily reproduced and solves it self on save load.

As for the low amount of ships that's is normal and working as intended. Just move to another station and try there, next time you come back more should spawn, if RNG gods will it.

MFG

Ketraar

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”