Can't see option of Beta in my Steam account - Resolved.

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

DjSoulJammer1
x4

Can't see option of Beta in my Steam account - Resolved.

Post by DjSoulJammer1 » Wed, 24. Apr 24, 09:48

Greetings

For some reason, I can't even see the option of Beta in my Steam. The last one I see is 6.20 and nothing after that. Does Anyone have this problem and someone can help with this? Please

https://prnt.sc/9A2fS3_riDEn Here is a screen shoot of the last update I have

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Can't see option of Beta in my Steam account

Post by CBJ » Wed, 24. Apr 24, 09:57

Did you follow the instructions at the top of the forum?
The instructions wrote:
Thu, 6. Dec 18, 17:49
  • Make sure that your savegames are backed up!
  • To start using the Beta version, right-click X4: Foundations in the Steam client
  • Select Properties and go to the Betas tab
  • Enter the password IBackedUpMySaves
  • Select public_beta from the dropdown list.
  • To return to using the non-Beta version, select NONE from the same dropdown list.

DjSoulJammer1
x4

Post by DjSoulJammer1 » Thu, 25. Apr 24, 07:58

CBJ I did all of that and still nothing shows in my Beta, I did not have this problem before but the last 7 Beta are not in the menu, The Last I can see is 6.20
CBJ wrote:
Wed, 24. Apr 24, 09:57
Did you follow the instructions at the top of the forum?
The instructions wrote:
Thu, 6. Dec 18, 17:49
  • Make sure that your savegames are backed up!
  • To start using the Beta version, right-click X4: Foundations in the Steam client
  • Select Properties and go to the Betas tab
  • Enter the password IBackedUpMySaves
  • Select public_beta from the dropdown list.
  • To return to using the non-Beta version, select NONE from the same dropdown list.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 25. Apr 24, 09:33

Just to be absolutely clear, the public beta is called "public_beta" and it's right at the bottom of the list. It doesn't say anything about 7.00 in the name, because we re-use it every time there is a public beta. If it's still not showing then try exiting the Steam client (not just closing the window) and restarting it, and then re-entering the public beta password as above.

DjSoulJammer1
x4

Post by DjSoulJammer1 » Fri, 26. Apr 24, 13:45

I understand CBJ, In my menu of Public Beta there are from 3.20 to 6.20 ( https://prnt.sc/5UQjqoS5Eze7 ) this is the last one I can see, and the First one is 3.20 nothing after that, and none before. I did try logging out of my Steam account and logging in but that didn't help either. If this is too much trouble I will wait for the official update.

and BTW thank you

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 26. Apr 24, 14:26

Updates aren't going to solve this, I'm afraid. It's something at your end. If the dropdown is only showing legacy versions, then one way or another you've not activated the Public Beta. What happens when you enter the Public Beta password that's given in the instructions, and hit Check Code?

DjSoulJammer1
x4

Post by DjSoulJammer1 » Sat, 27. Apr 24, 12:07

I did just for the first time enter the public beta password and from that moment till now there has not even been an option to enter again. This is the only one I have and there are no other options at all but there is an
option of private beta. This is all I have, maybe contacting Steam support can help?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sat, 27. Apr 24, 12:23

DjSoulJammer1 wrote:
Sat, 27. Apr 24, 12:07
I did just for the first time enter the public beta password and from that moment till now there has not even been an option to enter again.
I don't understand what you mean by "not even been an option to enter again". The screenshot you provided in the last post shows the box where you enter the password. You have to do that first, then the Public Beta will appear in the list above.

DjSoulJammer1
x4

Post by DjSoulJammer1 » Sat, 27. Apr 24, 15:03

Thank you CBJ, I managed to work with Steam support there was some error and they fixed that, and now all working. Thak you very much indeed

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Can't see option of Beta in my Steam account - Resolved.

Post by CBJ » Sat, 27. Apr 24, 16:03

Great! Thanks for letting us know the resolution. :)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”