Can not import plans - constructionplan limit of 20 - FIX after V3.20

Forum for sharing construction plans and loadouts.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

lubatomy
x4

Can not import plans - constructionplan limit of 20 - FIX after V3.20

Post by lubatomy » Mon, 8. Jun 20, 21:41

So i have downloaded several construction plans from this forum and added them to the "documents\egosoft\x4\<steamID>\constructionplan" folder and when i go in game the import plans button expands a drop down window that says i can import plans from the constructionplan folder in my personal x4 folder. there are two buttons on the bottom under that text. One the left the "Import Plan" button is greyed out and disabled while the "cancel" button on the right can be used.

I know its the right spot because when i try and export one of my station plans, it is put in the same folder as all the other plans that i downloaded.

This is with no mods on the current public release build of x4 3.2 (400261).

Is there something I am doing wrong?

frisonic
x4

Re: Can not import plans

Post by frisonic » Mon, 8. Jun 20, 22:15

I would like to know this as well got same problem.

JonathanVQP
x4

Post by JonathanVQP » Tue, 9. Jun 20, 06:37

This is what I did to import construction plans. For an example, I download the Mega trade station. I moved the xml file to my Documents\Egosoft\X4\somenumber\constructionplan. I then goto the game and create a plot large enough for a station (for the Mega trade station: 10x10x10). Then instead of creating the station or loading a plan station, I chose the arrow key point down and import the plan. I think the reason why the import feature is not showing is because either your plot size is too small for the plan or you copied the xml into a different directory or the xml contruction file is incorrect.

lubatomy
x4

Post by lubatomy » Tue, 9. Jun 20, 16:00

I did exactly the same thing. I downloaded many plans from this forum put them in the same folder you did, created a 10x10x10 plot and tried to import plans with the button at top that is a arrow pointing down into a box and the list comes up empty every single time showing no plans to import.

I will try and get a screenshot of it to show what i see every single time.

EDIT:
this is what i see in game on a 10x10x10 plot when i try to import prints. there are 43 plans in the "constructionplan" folder including a test export that i created to ensure i was using the correct folder but this is all i see.
Attempt to import plans

JonathanVQP
x4

Post by JonathanVQP » Tue, 9. Jun 20, 19:47

Don't know what to say. Looks like import feature of X4 3.2 cannot find any plans either because the directory is empty or maybe you copied the plans to a different directory. Sometimes, if you start a new game, it creates a different user number (so you have two of them in the Documents/egosoft folder and you are inadvertently saving them to the wrong directory?

lubatomy
x4

Post by lubatomy » Tue, 9. Jun 20, 19:56

nope only one steam ID directory and when i try to export a station plan (exported one calling it test plan), that "test plan.xml" gets added to the same directory as all the ones i have downloaded from this board.

Attached is a screen grab of my plan folder showing where i circled the test plan that got exported by the game and yet in game i see no plans to import.
Attachments
planfoldertest.jpg

lubatomy
x4

Post by lubatomy » Wed, 10. Jun 20, 03:49

As an update, a remove and re-install of x4 via steam did not change anything.

I did find that i can manually add the plans myself. in the documents\egosoft\x4\<steamid>\ directory there is a file called "constructionplans.xml" and all you have to do is copy everything from <plan> to </plan> in one of the xml files you downloaded and past it into the <plans> segment of the constructionplans file. if you have no construction plans of your own, you will have to change the "<plans/>" tag to be <plans> then past after that and make sure to add </plans> as last line in the file.

frisonic
x4

Post by frisonic » Wed, 10. Jun 20, 16:01

yes that was the work around i resolved to use too but it is time consuming and not the way it is meant to work i can export fine like you stated above and find the plan in the construction folder too but import any back doesn't work it's like the import folder path isen't found by the game.

lubatomy
x4

Post by lubatomy » Wed, 10. Jun 20, 16:15

I guess the next step is to bring this up in the technical support area but I posted here as I was not eniterly sure i was using the feture right or what i should see when it is actually working.

frisonic
x4

Post by frisonic » Wed, 10. Jun 20, 17:51

yes i agree with you and 100 % behind you as we have both done the same things trying to resolve it i even connected to online game to see if that would resolve it but no luck doing so either next i will try to completely remove my extension folder and start a new game to see if that has any effect and if it doesn't im all out of ideas and conclude it is a bug cause it is weird that some state they can use the feature but we can't.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 10. Jun 20, 19:18

Has Windows maybe blocked access to the file, because it came from a different computer? Try rightlicking on the file and choose Properties, then choose the General tab and check the 'Unblock' box, and confirm the change.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

lubatomy
x4

Post by lubatomy » Wed, 10. Jun 20, 19:37

I did that to the few files that were labeled that way. There was only about 15 of the 43 files that were blocked. Even after unblocking them it did not work. The screen shot above was after having done that.

I am currently removing and reinstalling the game completely (including removing the "x4" folder in my documents and any folder left by the steam uninstall and will try again after that.

lubatomy
x4

Post by lubatomy » Wed, 10. Jun 20, 20:30

Sorry for double post but i have found out why it was not working for me.

I had too many plans in the import folder. New install fresh start no mods no saves (even have the game not using the steam cloud backup so that a new profile was created instead of downloadin the steam cloud backup). I can import plans just fine until there are 21 plan files in the "constructionplan" folder.

As soon as there are 21 files in the folder the list of plans to import goes blank and you can not select anything. If you perviously imported plans the choice defaults to the first item in the list so the "Import Plan" button is still active but when pressed it says plan XXX was already imported would you like to overwrite?

If you have not imported a plan before it, it has no default value to pick so the "import plan" button never goes active and you can not import plans.

Right now that means there is a practical limit of no more than 20 plans in the constructionplan folder. If you delete some and then add others you can import the others. You just can not have more than 20 plans in the folder when you try to import or the UI breaks.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 10. Jun 20, 20:49

Thanks for investigating this. Forwarded to egosoft.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

florianlt
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Can not import plans - constructionplan limit of 20

Post by florianlt » Mon, 15. Jun 20, 14:45

Cannot reproduce your issue here. Please send me a copy of the contents of your constructionplan folder. Also which resolution and UI scale are you using?

ZeroBoogie
x4

Post by ZeroBoogie » Mon, 15. Jun 20, 20:26

Hi everyone,

Well I got the same thing going on for me, I am not able to get any plans and I tried it all.
So I guess I will have to wait and see if a fix gets uploaded because I can't get any plans even if I only have 5 in my folder.

ZeroBoogie

florianlt
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by florianlt » Tue, 16. Jun 20, 07:33

Please provide the following information:
- resolution
- ui scale
- a screenshot how the import interface looks

JonathanVQP
x4

Post by JonathanVQP » Tue, 16. Jun 20, 07:50

I can also reproduce this issue. This is definitely a bug!

florianlt
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by florianlt » Tue, 16. Jun 20, 07:52

Please do not respond with "Me too" unless you provide the information that was asked for.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 16. Jun 20, 16:22

florianlt wrote:
Tue, 16. Jun 20, 07:33
- resolution
- ui scale
- a screenshot how the import interface looks
1. 1920 x 1080
2. 1.0
With 20 construction plans:
20200616161544_1.jpg
X4 constructionplan import with 20 construction plans
With 21 construction plans
20200616161351_1.jpg
X4 constructionplan import with 21 construction plans

Return to “Construction Community”