Do any of the starting scenarios lock you out of anything?

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

NomiChirps
x4

Do any of the starting scenarios lock you out of anything?

Post by NomiChirps » Fri, 14. May 21, 02:40

When I last played X3 many years ago, I seem to remember that I ended up restarting my game, because I unknowingly picked a starting scenario that disables a bunch of story missions. I could be misremembering at this point though. Does X3FL do anything like that? Are there any starts that I'll regret picking after 30 hours because they disable a cool plot with unique rewards? Maybe this is an obvious question but please put my mind at ease :)

p.s. All my love and thanks to the X3:FL developers!! Looking forward to spending another few hundred hours on this installment <3 <3 <3

Fulgrymm
x4

Re: Do any of the starting scenarios lock you out of anything?

Post by Fulgrymm » Fri, 14. May 21, 02:43

The only X3 game that did anything like that was X3: Reunion, where you had to play as Julian Brennan in order to access the story plot. The installments that followed have no such restriction, excepting Albion Prelude, there's different plots depending whether you choose to play as Terran or Argon.

BaZERGer
x4

Post by BaZERGer » Fri, 14. May 21, 03:09

If you're on the beta, TerraCorp pilot start will lock you out of a spacesuit with usable repair laser. Although if you came from Reunion, it shouldn't be a new experience.

NomiChirps
x4

Post by NomiChirps » Fri, 14. May 21, 04:03

Great! I think Reunion was my entry to the series, maybe that's why I'm a little paranoid about it lol. Thank you :)

I'm waiting for the beta to hit stable before I keep playing with a fresh start. I was trying to be a pirate but unfortunately ran into that ship bailing bug.

BaZERGer
x4

Post by BaZERGer » Fri, 14. May 21, 04:13

To specify, i mean not having a repair laser shouldn't be a new experience, the game itself is a different story. UI should be better, and i hardly ever found random missions in Reunion, here, they're everywhere.

And in Reunion i've only flown into an object once with the autopilot, here... well, save frequently.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”