Unveiling X3: Farnham's Legacy – a new chapter for an old favourite

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

UnknownObject
x4

Re: Unveiling X3: Farnham's Legacy – a new chapter for an old favourite

Post by UnknownObject » Sat, 10. Apr 21, 18:45

So exciting that good ol' X3 is still alive and grumpy old-timers such as I (joke) can have their portions of nostalgia!

M4s in X3TC and X3AP were pretty useless. Have you rebalanced them?
Мир всем народам на свете.
Нам не нужна
Война!

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Sat, 10. Apr 21, 19:13

Will the personal account accumulation threshold be increased to more than 2,000,000,000?

aquatica
x4

Post by aquatica » Sat, 10. Apr 21, 19:17

^
32 bit application couldn't handle it, I think... Not sure if there is any possible workaround for that?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 10. Apr 21, 19:30

alexalsp wrote:
Sat, 10. Apr 21, 19:13
Will the personal account accumulation threshold be increased to more than 2,000,000,000?
That was already done back in X3AP. ;)
X3AP - A Survival Guide wrote:
Tue, 13. Dec 11, 15:59
Player Credits

Who wants to be a billionaire?
Player - Your account can now hold 2,000,000,000,000,000,000 credits instead of a measly 2 billion.
Other - Station accounts and individual transactions are still limited to 2 billion.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

fisher 2000
x3ap

Post by fisher 2000 » Sat, 10. Apr 21, 21:37

I'm curious if some issues from X3AP have been addressed.

- I seem to remember that the Terran economy would grind to a halt without mods. I remember it was always one of the first things that I had to do when playing the game back in the day. I also seem to remember that one mod added some missing Terran factories to the game that the player could not previously purchase.
- Are the war sectors now safe to travel if the player is out of sector?

I guess that not everything can be released right now but I'm just full of excitement to learn more about this game. The Terran's was one of my favorites.

ero_sk
x4

Post by ero_sk » Sat, 10. Apr 21, 22:57

fisher 2000 wrote:
Sat, 10. Apr 21, 21:37
It looks like people still confuse some things. Given that X3:FL has a new plot, and as it's been revealed already it starts after the events of Albion Prelude, it is very likely that a lot has changed to sectors. Maybe we will have completely new sectors, maybe a mix of new and old sectors, who knows?

As such, your question is very ambiguous- what do "war sectors" even mean? Referring to Albion Prelude's war sectors most likely don't even make sense in this context.

fisher 2000
x3ap

Post by fisher 2000 » Sat, 10. Apr 21, 23:47

ero_sk wrote:
Sat, 10. Apr 21, 22:57
fisher 2000 wrote:
Sat, 10. Apr 21, 21:37
It looks like people still confuse some things. Given that X3:FL has a new plot, and as it's been revealed already it starts after the events of Albion Prelude, it is very likely that a lot has changed to sectors. Maybe we will have completely new sectors, maybe a mix of new and old sectors, who knows?

As such, your question is very ambiguous- what do "war sectors" even mean? Referring to Albion Prelude's war sectors most likely don't even make sense in this context.
We know that the Terran's and Argon were still in a state of war right up to the great shutdown. I don't know which ending of AP is the canon one, but one end keeps the war going on. The mechanics behind the war sectors may still be present which can cause issues with ships that want to pass through. Even when the war was disabled the war sectors still produced enemy ships that would hunt down and destroy player-owned assets travelling through these sectors.

I would imagine that the main link to Terran space (which are the war sectors) will still remain intact in this game as they are a major faction in all x3 titles.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 10. Apr 21, 23:56

Should take a look at the screenshots in the steam page and see if you can see something that might help out with that ;)

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Tue, 13. Apr 21, 20:34

What changes will be made in this direction?

viewtopic.php?f=93&t=437103

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 13. Apr 21, 21:50

Nothing has changed with regard to keyboard handling. I'm not sure but I'd imagine this was a limitation of DirectInput anyway, and therefore not something the game could easily solve.

fisher 2000
x3ap

Post by fisher 2000 » Wed, 14. Apr 21, 00:31

CBJ wrote:
Tue, 13. Apr 21, 21:50
Nothing has changed with regard to keyboard handling. I'm not sure but I'd imagine this was a limitation of DirectInput anyway, and therefore not something the game could easily solve.
Hey CBJ, are there any plans to release more in-game footage or more details about what has been improved/ added before launch? Also, when could we potentially expect this?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 14. Apr 21, 01:13

There are more interviews coming up, and those will talk a little bit more about one or two of the features. We can talk a little bit about some of the other features that are listed in the store page, but that aren't covered by those interviews, in between, but we're not going to go into endless detail and give everything away. :)

Gregory
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Gregory » Wed, 14. Apr 21, 10:45

In case you were wondering... X3: Farnham's Legacy will also be available on GOG. Soon, a new "Terran War Pack" Bundle will be setup by GOG, including X3: Farnham's Legacy, when it is released on May 4th, 2021. This way all users who will buy the Terran War Pack bundle will automatically receive X3FL for free. This will also work retroactively - X3FL will show up in the GOG libraries of the Terran War Pack owners.

The Donation Pack will also be available on GOG - and GOG is waiving their usual revenue share, so we can pass on the entire amount to Doctors Without Borders.
All our channels in one convenient list :arrow: https://linktr.ee/egosoft

adeine
x4

Post by adeine » Wed, 14. Apr 21, 11:16

Gregory wrote:
Wed, 14. Apr 21, 10:45
In case you were wondering... X3: Farnham's Legacy will also be available on GOG. Soon, a new "Terran War Pack" Bundle will be setup by GOG, including X3: Farnham's Legacy, when it is released on May 4th, 2021. This way all users who will buy the Terran War Pack bundle will automatically receive X3FL for free. This will also work retroactively - X3FL will show up in the GOG libraries of the Terran War Pack owners.

The Donation Pack will also be available on GOG - and GOG is waiving their usual revenue share, so we can pass on the entire amount to Doctors Without Borders.
Excellent news, glad the issues could be worked out :)

MegaBurn
xr

Post by MegaBurn » Wed, 14. Apr 21, 13:37

Second that, glad to hear it'll be on GOG, thank you.
"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -Plato

Frodo_05

Post by Frodo_05 » Thu, 15. Apr 21, 15:09

Another happy GOG owner :)

Oldman
x3tc

Post by Oldman » Thu, 15. Apr 21, 18:13

CBJ wrote:
Wed, 7. Apr 21, 00:04
Oldman wrote:
Wed, 7. Apr 21, 00:01
Probably a bit of a daft question but what's the computer (and OS) specs. for running Farnham's Legacy?
I presume they're the same as for X3 Albion Prelude, but just thought to ask anyway. :)
The info is on the Steam store page, but yes, they are the same requirements as X3AP. :)
Okay, thanks for the info. CBJ, and @Alexalsp thanks for the link. :thumb_up:
Question...I seem to remember way back in one of the X series of games you could import a small graphic (can't remember what kind of graphic file at the moment) and use it to put a logo etc. on top? of your stations, and possibly on your ship?...I'm thinking this was in one of the very early series maybe even XBTF?
Anyway, I wonder, will this be possible in Farnham's Legacy?...no sweat if you can't, but it was a really great feeling to see your stations with your own created logo spinning slowly on top. I'm probably thinking of XBTF or Xtension, maybe even X2 though. :gruebel:

Any thoughts or information welcome as always. :)

Oldman :)

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Thu, 15. Apr 21, 19:03

Adding player logo to ships would require adjusting all ship models, so no it wont be in X3FL sadly.

MFG

Ketraar

Oldman
x3tc

Post by Oldman » Fri, 16. Apr 21, 09:48

Hi Ketraar :)

Ketraar wrote:
Thu, 15. Apr 21, 19:03
Adding player logo to ships would require adjusting all ship models, so no it wont be in X3FL sadly.

MFG

Ketraar
Ah, okay, thanks for the feedback. :thumb_up: ...Looking back I remember I created a picture of a crescent moon with a smiling face (old man in the moon sort of) :D ....so it gave the game (for me) a kind of mystical property. It definitely must have been one of the earlier games thinking on it a bit more because the 'space shuttle' Brennan's ship, was also in it.

Oldman :)

Herman2000
x4

Post by Herman2000 » Fri, 16. Apr 21, 22:34

Oldman wrote:
Thu, 15. Apr 21, 18:13
I seem to remember way back in one of the X series of games you could import a small graphic (can't remember what kind of graphic file at the moment) and use it to put a logo etc. on top? of your stations, and possibly on your ship?...I'm thinking this was in one of the very early series maybe even XBTF?
Just for the record, that was in BtF, X-Tension AND X².

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”