Is Farnham's Legacy coming as a separate game like Albion Prelude?

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Sorkvild
x3tc

Is Farnham's Legacy coming as a separate game like Albion Prelude?

Post by Sorkvild » Wed, 7. Apr 21, 18:30

so Steam will create another addon folder e.g addon FL? Will there be an update to TC and AP as well?
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Is Farnham's Legacy coming as a separate game like Albion Prelude?

Post by CBJ » Wed, 7. Apr 21, 18:37

The relationship is similar to that between X3AP and X3TC. Yes, there will be another addon folder and the the X3TC and X3AP files will be required for X3FL to run. Whether they will install in the same place or separately is something we're still sorting out. There will be no updates for X3TC or X3AP; the last update we did to these games back in 2017 already included several changes and fixes that came about as a result of this project. :)

fisher 2000
x3ap

Post by fisher 2000 » Thu, 8. Apr 21, 00:27

CBJ wrote:
Wed, 7. Apr 21, 18:37
The relationship is similar to that between X3AP and X3TC. Yes, there will be another addon folder and the the X3TC and X3AP files will be required for X3FL to run. Whether they will install in the same place or separately is something we're still sorting out. There will be no updates for X3TC or X3AP; the last update we did to these games back in 2017 already included several changes and fixes that came about as a result of this project. :)
I get this is somewhat of a side project of the X-franchise but do we have any understanding of how long the game will be supported outside of release? Or is this just a one-time launch type deal? I loved that the AP was still getting supported back in 2017

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 8. Apr 21, 01:14

X3FL has so far only been tested by a small, but dedicated, team. When it gets into the hands of many times more players at release, it's entirely possible that there may be a few bugs here and there that those testers didn't find. We will, of course, try and sort out any important ones, for example, ones might cause problems for players trying to complete the plot under certain circumstances. But clearly we're not going to be spending time updating and improving what is already a very "mature" game engine. Once any wrinkles are ironed out after release, there would have to be pretty exceptional circumstances to lead us to issue further updates to the game.

Martin Head
xr

Post by Martin Head » Thu, 8. Apr 21, 12:19

Will there be a new executable? If so will there also be a 'nosteam' version made available.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 8. Apr 21, 12:25

Yes, there will be a new executable. I can't promise a NoSteam EXE from day one, but I don't see any particular reason why we couldn't add one at some point.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”