Quick guide to infinite riches... and more! - improvements in upcoming update 1.2

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Sovereign01
x4

Re: Quick guide to infinite riches... and more! - improvements in upcoming update 1.2

Post by Sovereign01 » Fri, 29. Oct 21, 22:40

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Fri, 29. Oct 21, 22:27
Sovereign01 wrote:
Fri, 29. Oct 21, 20:31
Deathifier wrote:
Fri, 29. Oct 21, 11:07

To add to this, the freight drones are needed only if the TL can't dock at the station.
As the TL can dock to the HQ (and equipment docks) you don't need drones, however the TL can't dock at regular production stations so drones are needed or the station needs to be empty.
The station does have a Dolphin attached so I can use that to empty it out, I was going to carry out a complex scheme involving a Goner Ranger to get the drones to the ship in a reasonable time frame. Turns out most fast ships that can carry L cargo are either strictly build-only or drones themselves.

EDIT: That's it packed up, time to leave that miserable sector behind. Should I just drop the station in the ship's path or do I need to actively tow it?
How bad was the rep drop?
I haven't done it yet, I'm wondering if I can have my TL drop the station in their path and pack it up again or whether I have to have an M6 or something stronger drag it around. If it's the latter I'll need to have my Nemesis grab a tractor beam. This scene comes to mind! :lol:

EDIT: Just dropping the station doesn't cut it, the game doesn't let you place the station close enough for them to run into it. Maybe other stations would have better success.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Re: Quick guide to infinite riches... and more! - improvements in upcoming update 1.2

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Sat, 30. Oct 21, 02:11

This reminds me of an issue I had in either Neptune or Uranus with a complex I set up in AP. Lost a lot of rep while in system because of it. Lost a few ships trying to get to the SPP in Neptune as well. For some reason they couldn't avoid the solar panels. Ever. I'd like to call it tragic, but considering they were my freighters, it was quite annoying.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Sat, 30. Oct 21, 03:24

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Sat, 30. Oct 21, 02:11
This reminds me of an issue I had in either Neptune or Uranus with a complex I set up in AP. Lost a lot of rep while in system because of it. Lost a few ships trying to get to the SPP in Neptune as well. For some reason they couldn't avoid the solar panels. Ever. I'd like to call it tragic, but considering they were my freighters, it was quite annoying.
When placing my own complexes I didn't realise that for the exact same output the Terran stations were noticeably bigger than everyone else's. Ore/Silicon mines were one example, but the biggest(!) offender was the SPP XL which was huge compared to the non-Terran one. The game is smart enough when placing stations to move out of the way any ships that are too close even when it lets you place the thing, and when you have 2 or 3 M2s firing at it they'll chew through your station in less than a minute, unless I can somehow keep them from turning red this option is out. I have to wonder if the only answer is a missile-based solution, which of course means building a complex for the job. Because my Terran rep seemingly won't rise until I complete this mission their tech is out of the question meaning no Wraiths.

As far as I can tell, my options for killing M2s are either the Hammer, Firestorm or Tomahawk.

The Firestorm has the greatest range, lowest speed, and greatest yield.
The Hammer has average range, greatest speed, and lowest yield.
The Tomahawk has the shortest range, average speed & yield.
Last edited by Sovereign01 on Thu, 2. Dec 21, 00:09, edited 1 time in total.

Deathifier
xr

Post by Deathifier » Sat, 30. Oct 21, 08:29

The rep should still change when the mission is active.
For example if you destroy all the M2's directly you actually gain a lot of rep with Terran due to rep gains from destroying hostile ships in their space.

For choice of missile any that can be fired by M7M or M8's are best, the Firestorm looks fine right up until the AI hits one of them and that massive blast radius destroys everything except your target.

Your other options for M2 destruction, if you don't want to use missiles, is a Carrack or Akurei with Plasma Beam Cannons.

However if the ships aren't hostile, aren't bothering you, and you can keep tabs on them, you can just leave the mission running and see where they go.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Sat, 30. Oct 21, 22:39

Problem is that I cannot raise my Strong Arms rep sufficiently to buy PBCs without lowering my Boron rep first. I've been trying to steal the plans for that factory for a while now, no success as of yet.

Deathifier
xr

Post by Deathifier » Sun, 31. Oct 21, 05:34

Sovereign01 wrote:
Sat, 30. Oct 21, 22:39
Problem is that I cannot raise my Strong Arms rep sufficiently to buy PBCs without lowering my Boron rep first. I've been trying to steal the plans for that factory for a while now, no success as of yet.
If Strong Arms is not hostile they have a special weapons production station that, if provided materials, will produce PBC's slowly.
You can then acquire them using the Cargo Hacker.

Alternatively the black market at trade stations, stock exchanges, etc, sometimes has weapons available in large quantities including PBC's.
There might still be reputation limits so visit the black market at stations of the race you have the highest rep with.

For the factory blueprints keep trying as could take 7 or more attempts to steal them.
Also keep in mind it has a ~4hr production cycle, makes one at a time, and the upgrade time starts out as the same as production and the last upgrade (to XXL) takes an entire day.
It's great for long-term production however it'll be faster to look for some at a black market when you just want to equip a single ship.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Sun, 31. Oct 21, 06:55

Sovereign01 wrote:
There is a way. Use agents to increase the Strong Arms rep. At the same time, use another set of agents to maintain the Boron rep. I'm doing that right now to get my OTAS and Terracorp rep up while holding the Atreus and Strong Arms rep high.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Sun, 31. Oct 21, 19:30

Jimmy C wrote:
Sun, 31. Oct 21, 06:55
Sovereign01 wrote:
There is a way. Use agents to increase the Strong Arms rep. At the same time, use another set of agents to maintain the Boron rep. I'm doing that right now to get my OTAS and Terracorp rep up while holding the Atreus and Strong Arms rep high.
OTAS and Terracorp are mutually exclusive, raising rep with either will drop it for the other.

I did manage to steal the plans for that factory since last time in the end but I'll visit the existing one regardless, I'll see what I can acquire. I was in the unclaimed sector that can only be reached by flying through their space. Regardless of how many high-yield asteroids they have, claiming it will be more trouble than it's worth.

I also found the Aran in my game but until more of my marines finish their training (only one has so far) it'll have to stay where it is for now.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Sun, 31. Oct 21, 19:44

Sovereign01 wrote:
Sun, 31. Oct 21, 19:30

OTAS and Terracorp are mutually exclusive, raising rep with either will drop it for the other.
If you start the agents to raise both at the same time, it reduces the impact of that. I had both at Red 3 and I pushed them both to Green 2 and 3, while keeping Atreus and Strong Arms at Green 4 and 7 respectively. One more push and I should have both at Green 4 and stable.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Mon, 1. Nov 21, 02:19

Jimmy C wrote:
Sun, 31. Oct 21, 19:44
Sovereign01 wrote:
Sun, 31. Oct 21, 19:30

If you start the agents to raise both at the same time, it reduces the impact of that. I had both at Red 3 and I pushed them both to Green 2 and 3, while keeping Atreus and Strong Arms at Green 4 and 7 respectively. One more push and I should have both at Green 4 and stable.
I focused on Terracorp first, then once I got what I needed from them I went to OTAS. Terracorp freighters are now red to me. Went through similar issues with Dukes, then Atreus and now finally Strong Arms. Just need the Tri-Beam cannon forge now for the last of the three Strong Arms weapons. I might get the spacefly farm as well, I have a feeling it's going to come in handy.

I'm at the point when once my Ozias' are full of Nividium I'll have them offload at the HQ. Once I have the credits I'll start building a complex, first part of that will be materials for TOAs (so chips and quantum tubes initially). I just have to pick a sector to set up shop in, whether it's one I'll need to build a TOA to reach or one of the existing ones. I've heard about other races claiming sectors once I start doing it so I should probably hold off on making any more claims until I have more than one TOA. I have the choice of 7 sectors for where I want to put the next HSAP. 2 of them have good resources but to reach them you'd have to go through Strong Arms and Pirates to reach them, making them more trouble than they're worth. A third links to Teladi space but it has no roids so it's not worth claiming. A fourth is behind Goner space.

EDIT: Looks like I was too late, Paranid claimed Consecrated Fire, one of the ones I wanted...
Last edited by Sovereign01 on Mon, 1. Nov 21, 03:22, edited 1 time in total.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Mon, 1. Nov 21, 03:06

I've gone through all the companies myself. I've just decided I don't want them red to me from now on.

Except for Dukes, they're a source of free ships.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Mon, 1. Nov 21, 04:11

With regard to races placing TOAs, is it random which of the available sectors get claimed, and is that decided the moment the previous TOA has been placed? As in, in my game the Paranid have just claimed Consecrated Fire Beta. If I reload a save from just before that, will they still claim that sector or will another sector be claimed instead?

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Mon, 1. Nov 21, 05:50

Supposedly, a reload will cause them to reroll which sector they choose. The problem is knowing when they choose. It wasn't when I claimed a sector or when I installed the TOA. But they eventually claimed sectors anyway.
Best decide on your top two or three sectors and have everything ready to claim and TOA the subsequent ones quickly after the first.

Deathifier
xr

Post by Deathifier » Mon, 1. Nov 21, 06:20

Sovereign01 wrote:
Mon, 1. Nov 21, 04:11
With regard to races placing TOAs, is it random which of the available sectors get claimed, and is that decided the moment the previous TOA has been placed? As in, in my game the Paranid have just claimed Consecrated Fire Beta. If I reload a save from just before that, will they still claim that sector or will another sector be claimed instead?
The HSAP claimed is random and decided after some time interval and I think the claiming starts following the first non-plot TOA you build.
The time interval looks like it starts short (some are claimed pretty quickly one after the other at the start) then a few hours (~3 to 4hrs per HSAP) and gets longer up towards maybe a day for the final couple.

The race claims it before they build the TOA so if you reload at a point where the claim has not taken place (check the HSAP info on the sector map) then you can either hope a different one gets claimed or buy the claim yourself.

Obviously you can still build in the sectors claimed by another race though it is obviously nice for it to be your own sector.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Mon, 1. Nov 21, 13:49

I'm just wondering if I can save scum my way through it, the list I have to choose from contains the following sectors:
  1. Consecrated Fire
  2. Family Rhonkar
  3. Gaian Star
  4. Harmony of Perpetuity
  5. Profit Center Alpha
  6. Rhonkar's Trial
  7. Unclaimed Sector
1- is the only sector in that list with 10 asteroids with a yield of 100 or more
2- has barely half as many asteroids
3- has only a handful of roids, none of which have a yield of more than 20
4- has some decent roids but is behind 3 pirate sectors including Malestrom
5- is completely empty and therefore worthless
6- much like 4 only swapping pirates for Strong Arms
7- has 1 ore and 1 silicon roid >100, rest are less.

So in all 1 seems to be the only one worth having.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Mon, 1. Nov 21, 14:14

Have you already claimed a sector? Are you on a 1.1 start or a 1.2 start? If it's the latter, there should be one more sector.

If it was instantly after you installed the TOA, you could savescum it. But the time interval between that and when the other factions actually make their move is unknown. You would lose hours savecumming. A better approach would be to have everything you need to quickly claim the next sectors. The TOA and the money. Then, you just need to find a Guild Rep quickly after putting down the TOA.

Deathifier
xr

Post by Deathifier » Mon, 1. Nov 21, 18:03

Sovereign01 wrote:
Mon, 1. Nov 21, 13:49
I'm just wondering if I can save scum my way through it, the list I have to choose from contains the following sectors:
You can, you just have to go back to a point in time before the sector was claimed.
The decision on what to claim seems to be made at the time the claim takes effect, so there's no lengthy period of uncertainty you have to bypass - if you can see it as unowned (check its info, it can be a HSAP but owned by someone - just like player ones) then the next time the game decides a race should claim a sector it might pick that one, or it might pick something else.

So as long as you have at least some amount of time between loading the save and the claim taking place enough stuff should happen to get a different random outcome.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Mon, 1. Nov 21, 20:56

I found that I did have to go back a bit as there's a delay between the claim being made and the TOA being placed. There's a jump-flash at the trading station when someone else claims the sector and so far it's been the same one each time.

EDIT: After a few reloads just a couple of minutes real-time before someone else makes the claim, this time it was Harmony of Perpetuity that went. A third time, Gaian Star and a fourth, Profit Center Alpha. They can have that sector, it's worthless. :lol:

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Tue, 2. Nov 21, 02:11

You managed to pin down which station they made the claim at? What about when they made the claim, how long was it after you made your claim?

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Tue, 2. Nov 21, 02:39

This was after I placed the TOA to start off the Terran plot, I hadn't placed a claim since then. This was at the trading station in Bad Debt, though I'm sure any station that could have an explorer guild rep would have done the job. I actually haven't made my own claim yet though I could have, what I don't know is whether doing that will trigger the next claim by the races, or whether I have to place a TOA to start that off. Consecrated Fire will be the one I claim first, that's all I'm sure about.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”