Strong Arms culling

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

D8alus
x4

Strong Arms culling

Post by D8alus » Sat, 16. Oct 21, 03:25

Is there any point in trying to cull the strong arms or other factions or do they just constantly spawn randomly around the universe?

Jimmy C
x3tc

Re: Strong Arms culling

Post by Jimmy C » Sat, 16. Oct 21, 10:13

Easier to make nice with them. Their shipyard also sells some unique stations.
Now, if there's a subfaction worth being enemies with, it's Duke's. An armored transport is worth 7 million credits when sold at a yard, at 100%. That's actually more than a pirate M6! They also use a variety of TS, TP, TM and M3 from all races as scavengers. They are a very profitable enemy.
Just get Cargo Bay Shielding from them first, then shoot them all you want.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Wed, 20. Oct 21, 02:58

D8alus wrote:
Sat, 16. Oct 21, 03:25
Is there any point in trying to cull the strong arms or other factions or do they just constantly spawn randomly around the universe?
Yes they constantly spawn. My guess is that they use a similar script to the Xenon. I've seem them spawn within 10km of my mining groups, in unclaimed sectors and in sectors belonging to the Boron. They also spawn in Pirate Space, and in many other places. They are definitely annoying, but they can be a great source of income if you got a beefy ship.

Chimera's sell for about 4 - 5 million a piece, Mamba's about 1 - 2 million, Asps about 300k - 1 million. Average bail rate for me is usually 1 - 3 ships per group. That group also depending on the size. They are also a way to get Turbo Boosters Mk 1, Pulse Beam Emitters, Plasma Burst Generators, (these usually get left on the ships that bail).... and they will tend to drop lot's of PACs, PBEs, Mass Drivers and IREs. Of course that is all random luck, but they also drop lot's of missiles and ammo. Be quick though cause as you are well aware, they have a fast respawn rate. It's not uncommon to get chased by 2 groups at once. Use a ship that is over-tuned, and has a turbo booster. Turret is a must for anti-missile. Bind the turbo in a place that is easy to hit. I use shift+w. Use whatever you find easiest. If you release shift in my config while holding w, turbo will get stuck in the on position until you press the shift again. Makes it easier to focus on high speed maneuvers/dog fighting. Let's just say I don't miss when it comes to hitting a Jaguar burning a turn at high speed. From a Nemesis. :twisted:
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

D8alus
x4

Post by D8alus » Fri, 22. Oct 21, 05:17

The Xenon at least appear to be contained by parking M2’s at their gates.

I’m trying to find a way to control sectors and set up non-jumpdrive connections between regions.

I tested with spacing out fully kitted M2’s between the gates in the xenon sector at scale plate green and it seemed to work pretty well, even with the constant respawns. But the strong arms are just EVERYWHERE.

It’s hard to contain without a point of origin and, as you stated, they are clearly spawning wherever they please.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Fri, 22. Oct 21, 10:40

That's why I said, it's better to make friends with them.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Tue, 30. Nov 21, 01:43

This is just my opinion, but we should have an option to declare war on a corporation and eliminate them. :lol:
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”