Galaxy Explorer stuck in a loop between sectors

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

prj57

Galaxy Explorer stuck in a loop between sectors

Post by prj57 » Tue, 25. Jan 22, 03:44

Recently updated to v1.3 and noticed something strange. Having started a Sandbox Game with the Hyperion, a few hours in I noticed that a Galaxy Explorer is stuck between Light Water and Light Water Beta. It runs in a loop, jumping in and out from both sectors and doesn't progress. Ran a few mins of SETA x10 to observe but nothing happens. Light Water HSAP has been claimed by Pirates (which is strange, given it comes from a Paranid sector), no TOA yet and the Beta sector is still not claimed, but the Galaxy Explorer jumps in the Beta sector and almost immediately jumps back and goes into a loop between the sectors. I have claimed one HSAP in Preacher's Refuge, with no TOA since I lack a few mil. However I haven't experienced anything similar in story mode, where Explorers don't even bother with the Beta sectors. My game is modified with a few scripts and mods via Plugin Manager, but nothing major and I tested what works and what doesn't. Just thought to shine some light on this interesting ship / command behavior in the given circumstances.

I have personally explored at least 5 Beta sectors, have 2 Galaxy Explorers, but they get stuck only between Light Water and Light Water Beta. Interesting. Anyone else experienced this, or I broke the game?

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Re: Galaxy Explorer stuck in a loop between sectors

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Fri, 28. Jan 22, 23:22

prj57 wrote:
Tue, 25. Jan 22, 03:44
Recently updated to v1.3 and noticed something strange. Having started a Sandbox Game with the Hyperion, a few hours in I noticed that a Galaxy Explorer is stuck between Light Water and Light Water Beta. It runs in a loop, jumping in and out from both sectors and doesn't progress. Ran a few mins of SETA x10 to observe but nothing happens. Light Water HSAP has been claimed by Pirates (which is strange, given it comes from a Paranid sector), no TOA yet and the Beta sector is still not claimed, but the Galaxy Explorer jumps in the Beta sector and almost immediately jumps back and goes into a loop between the sectors. I have claimed one HSAP in Preacher's Refuge, with no TOA since I lack a few mil. However I haven't experienced anything similar in story mode, where Explorers don't even bother with the Beta sectors. My game is modified with a few scripts and mods via Plugin Manager, but nothing major and I tested what works and what doesn't. Just thought to shine some light on this interesting ship / command behavior in the given circumstances.

I have personally explored at least 5 Beta sectors, have 2 Galaxy Explorers, but they get stuck only between Light Water and Light Water Beta. Interesting. Anyone else experienced this, or I broke the game?
About Light Water Beta....
Spoiler
Show
About that sector. You will not ever be able to personally claim it. It is 1 of 2 spawn spots for Unknown Enemy Sector. "Khaak sector." Expect lot's of Scouts, Interceptors and Fighters to appear and roam out towards Shore of Infinity.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

fireanddream
xr

Post by fireanddream » Sat, 29. Jan 22, 03:03

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Fri, 28. Jan 22, 23:22

Spoiler
Show
About that sector. You will not ever be able to personally claim it. It is 1 of 2 spawn spots for Unknown Enemy Sector. "Khaak sector." Expect lot's of Scouts, Interceptors and Fighters to appear and roam out towards Shore of Infinity.
Other than this reason, something about light water is odd too. In my save I confirm that light water beta doesn't exist. However since I put down a complex there Xenon PX/P and fighters come through the south gate every once in a while. I know they jumped there because my satellite in shore of infinity doesn't give warning.

My complexes in unclaimed sector (west of Getsu Fune), teladi gain and the xenon hub are never attacked.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Sat, 29. Jan 22, 03:59

fireanddream wrote:
Sat, 29. Jan 22, 03:03
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Fri, 28. Jan 22, 23:22

Spoiler
Show
Other than this reason, something about light water is odd too. In my save I confirm that light water beta doesn't exist. However since I put down a complex there Xenon PX/P and fighters come through the south gate every once in a while. I know they jumped there because my satellite in shore of infinity doesn't give warning.

My complexes in unclaimed sector (west of Getsu Fune), teladi gain and the xenon hub are never attacked.
It's a randomly chosen HSAP sector.
Spoiler
Show
You'll always either get Light Water Beta or Maelstrom Beta. Whichever one you get will have Unknown Enemy Sector attached via an actual gate. And once discovered it will become eligible to be connected via Hub even before Unknown Enemy Sector activates to become a Khaak sector. Additional note: Light Water Beta and Maelstrom Beta are connected to Boron / Pirate respectively. I think in the coding these got switched on accident. So it shows Pirates over Light Water Beta and Boron over Maelstrom Beta. Once they activate this is corrected.
For this same reason you will also always get:
Spoiler
Show
Sanctuary of Darkness connected to either Depth's of Silence beta or Duke's Citadel beta. As the Xenon version.
Once activated, the connecting beta's become part of the empire they are next to automatically.

I am also fairly certain that technically all these are actually present in all playthroughs, but the game only makes a HSAP to a limited number randomly chosen at game start based on coding. My observation on this is based on the destination of a Teladi Scavenger I found trying to make it's way to a Pirate Base in one of the sectors that wasn't present in my playthrough.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

DanKara
x4

Post by DanKara » Wed, 2. Feb 22, 13:03

prj57 wrote:
Tue, 25. Jan 22, 03:44
May I ask what a 'Galaxy Explorer' is?
I know only the (vanilla) 'Explorer Command Software', wich enables a remote controlled ship of mine to fly through a jumpgate/TOA to an yet unexplored sector.
To recover your ships from a RSL, to which no TOA leads (yet) you have to go there yourself with some ship that they can dock at.
The pirates claiming the HSAP may be a BUG, I don't think they will ever build a TOA there (thus negating you all those lovely Kha'ak?)

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”