Quantum Processor Wink Wink

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Re: Quantum Processor Wink Wink

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Fri, 25. Aug 23, 06:40

Sovereign01 wrote:
Fri, 25. Aug 23, 05:12
Well since the Khaak corvette is available, why not the rest of the Khaak fleet? :lol: Unless the CPU ship actually costs more RSS than the HQ can hold, though it was in the last game that it was the Valhalla that couldn't be built that way as that HQ lacked the capacity. But since I have two Valhallas anyway, the chances of me building one once I RE is is pretty much zero. I need to test out a strategy on using one- jump in with an M6 carrying a jump beacon and use that to call in the big ship, scoop up the beacon and dock with it. I should couple that with finding a tuning and seeing if I can drag it there with a tractor beam owing to its glacial pace :mrgreen:

I was using an Aran for storage, I collected what I had and made room in the HQ for an M6 to dock by sending the Owl that I've been using to ferry silicon and ore from my Ozias-based minion operation working in Seizewell Alpha. I only have 3 of those, with one each supporting Geochens, Mistrals, and Owls. It's infrequent enough I can ferry it manually, yet despite having 36 miners running there's no sign of them finishing having been at it for days, do the rocks there respawn or something?

Once I have one of each M7D I'll manufacture any of the drone types I'm missing- gotta catch 'em all! :lol: The bottleneck for ship-building materials always seems to boil down to microchips. Despite having an XL complex dedicated to the production of ship materials, those are in shortest supply. I might have to expand production there, though thanks to the number of cyles required it will take time to get a second factory up to speed.

I never got the hang of using wings, perhaps because I never worked with more than two ships at any one time, I always saw them as the sort of thing a carrier would use for its fighters or something and wouldn't let me control any of the ships individually.

I'm sure the X4 one is a lot more active- once I'm done with FC I'll probably look in there! :mrgreen:
I've never messed with the Valhalla, not even spawned one in in AP. But I did spawn in a Destroyer and Carrier to see how they handled.

I'm using the Wing feature to cleanup the ship list on the sector map. Plus I am grouping big ships this way to send them as a group where I need them. I put together a fully armed Xenon ship group, 2 x J, 2 x K and 2 x Q. All ships have full armaments and J's have full fighters. The Wing doesn't control the docked ships, just the carrier's. Though you could certainly add the fighters to it. I don't usually use fighters in any OOS fights as they only get popped really quick. Don't want to have to clear that from the logs, or deal with that loss of empire worth. 10 x M3 = 40 to 60 million credits afterall when you factor in all installed software and equipment. Times that by 6 for a Colossus/Shuri for example, up to 360 million credits worth of fighters on 1 carrier.

I always set the fighters to managed. This prevents OOS launching during combat. "It's broken a few times but works for the most part."

There are ways to control the ships individually. You just have to search through the command menus. Because there is an option to "temporarily" remove a ship from it. It becomes controllable. You can then for example, activate the repair damaged ships command for a drone carrier.

Oh, and yes roids respawn. Including Nividium. You can't control what group the automated ships mine from, what asteroid they pick. It's decided by the game for you. But sometimes they go back and forth between debris fields from them and take forever. This can cause the asteroids to respawn before the debris fields are picked clean. I have 2 groups of 10 Owls each. They are pretty efficient at quick cleanup. The start zone roids also respawn. The only place I've seen them "not" respawn is the random claimable sectors. I haven't claimed the unclaimed off XS534 for this reason. Fear or those 3 not respawning afterwards. :gruebel: Probably just being superstitious. I believe those are 1 and done. But Sanctuary of Darkness and Unknown Enemy Sector do both have there roids respawn.

If you wait till you have a significant amount of Nividium on hand, you can manipulate the barter merchants in a similar method as the FC and QP. I have my HQ set to hold a max of 100 from NPCs. Thats in case I decide to make a Kha'ak ship. Then I over fill it by a couple thousand. Then send transports with more to neighboring systems. Sure enough, I start seeing the buy orders from barter merchants appear. For quantities of usually 4k+ units of Nividium each at the 24K price. Thats 50% more than what the HQ nets you. 1 load of nividium, 100 million credits, cha-ching!

I think I just wrote a novel. :gruebel: :lol:
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Fri, 25. Aug 23, 21:33

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Fri, 25. Aug 23, 06:40
Sovereign01 wrote:
Fri, 25. Aug 23, 05:12
Well since the Khaak corvette is available, why not the rest of the Khaak fleet? :lol: Unless the CPU ship actually costs more RSS than the HQ can hold, though it was in the last game that it was the Valhalla that couldn't be built that way as that HQ lacked the capacity. But since I have two Valhallas anyway, the chances of me building one once I RE is is pretty much zero. I need to test out a strategy on using one- jump in with an M6 carrying a jump beacon and use that to call in the big ship, scoop up the beacon and dock with it. I should couple that with finding a tuning and seeing if I can drag it there with a tractor beam owing to its glacial pace :mrgreen:

I was using an Aran for storage, I collected what I had and made room in the HQ for an M6 to dock by sending the Owl that I've been using to ferry silicon and ore from my Ozias-based minion operation working in Seizewell Alpha. I only have 3 of those, with one each supporting Geochens, Mistrals, and Owls. It's infrequent enough I can ferry it manually, yet despite having 36 miners running there's no sign of them finishing having been at it for days, do the rocks there respawn or something?

Once I have one of each M7D I'll manufacture any of the drone types I'm missing- gotta catch 'em all! :lol: The bottleneck for ship-building materials always seems to boil down to microchips. Despite having an XL complex dedicated to the production of ship materials, those are in shortest supply. I might have to expand production there, though thanks to the number of cyles required it will take time to get a second factory up to speed.

I never got the hang of using wings, perhaps because I never worked with more than two ships at any one time, I always saw them as the sort of thing a carrier would use for its fighters or something and wouldn't let me control any of the ships individually.

I'm sure the X4 one is a lot more active- once I'm done with FC I'll probably look in there! :mrgreen:
I've never messed with the Valhalla, not even spawned one in in AP. But I did spawn in a Destroyer and Carrier to see how they handled.

I'm using the Wing feature to cleanup the ship list on the sector map. Plus I am grouping big ships this way to send them as a group where I need them. I put together a fully armed Xenon ship group, 2 x J, 2 x K and 2 x Q. All ships have full armaments and J's have full fighters. The Wing doesn't control the docked ships, just the carrier's. Though you could certainly add the fighters to it. I don't usually use fighters in any OOS fights as they only get popped really quick. Don't want to have to clear that from the logs, or deal with that loss of empire worth. 10 x M3 = 40 to 60 million credits afterall when you factor in all installed software and equipment. Times that by 6 for a Colossus/Shuri for example, up to 360 million credits worth of fighters on 1 carrier.

I always set the fighters to managed. This prevents OOS launching during combat. "It's broken a few times but works for the most part."

There are ways to control the ships individually. You just have to search through the command menus. Because there is an option to "temporarily" remove a ship from it. It becomes controllable. You can then for example, activate the repair damaged ships command for a drone carrier.

Oh, and yes roids respawn. Including Nividium. You can't control what group the automated ships mine from, what asteroid they pick. It's decided by the game for you. But sometimes they go back and forth between debris fields from them and take forever. This can cause the asteroids to respawn before the debris fields are picked clean. I have 2 groups of 10 Owls each. They are pretty efficient at quick cleanup. The start zone roids also respawn. The only place I've seen them "not" respawn is the random claimable sectors. I haven't claimed the unclaimed off XS534 for this reason. Fear or those 3 not respawning afterwards. :gruebel: Probably just being superstitious. I believe those are 1 and done. But Sanctuary of Darkness and Unknown Enemy Sector do both have there roids respawn.

If you wait till you have a significant amount of Nividium on hand, you can manipulate the barter merchants in a similar method as the FC and QP. I have my HQ set to hold a max of 100 from NPCs. Thats in case I decide to make a Kha'ak ship. Then I over fill it by a couple thousand. Then send transports with more to neighboring systems. Sure enough, I start seeing the buy orders from barter merchants appear. For quantities of usually 4k+ units of Nividium each at the 24K price. Thats 50% more than what the HQ nets you. 1 load of nividium, 100 million credits, cha-ching!

I think I just wrote a novel. :gruebel: :lol:
In AP, Valhallas did spawn during the unending battle between Terrans and Argon, the M2+ was slow enough it would be trailing behind the rest of the group and vulnerable to capture. I got two that way :lol:

It's going to be a while before I can produce any Xenon J or Ks, both classes form part of the queue for Reverse Engineering. And I don't want them enough to board new ones :lol:

The reason I chose Seizewell Alpha was because it had no actual asteroids to mine, I assumed the rocks littering the sector could be cleaned up but there's no end to them and I wanted to give my miners something to do. The plan was to move them to the sector next door once they'd finished! :lol:

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Sat, 26. Aug 23, 06:40

Sovereign01 wrote:
Fri, 25. Aug 23, 21:33
In AP, Valhallas did spawn during the unending battle between Terrans and Argon, the M2+ was slow enough it would be trailing behind the rest of the group and vulnerable to capture. I got two that way :lol:

It's going to be a while before I can produce any Xenon J or Ks, both classes form part of the queue for Reverse Engineering. And I don't want them enough to board new ones :lol:

The reason I chose Seizewell Alpha was because it had no actual asteroids to mine, I assumed the rocks littering the sector could be cleaned up but there's no end to them and I wanted to give my miners something to do. The plan was to move them to the sector next door once they'd finished! :lol:
In AP I never got to the end of the story, always busy trying to collect things. Plus I was almost always modified on a lot of my playthroughs on it. That and getting bored after using the Nividium/stock market exploit. I think that's why I refuse to do modified on FL.

I don't spend a lot of time using the Ks and Js. I stick with an I most of the time. Kinda sad though to watch my I almost lose to an Akuma. Gonna have to switch it back to PPCs for the defense missions I guess. At least then I don't have to worry about popping neutrals at the gates. What was really funny though was watching a (my) Brigantine jump in and give the Akuma a right black eye. :D

Seizewell: That's a right mess your dealing with. It might be nice to clean up for safe flying in system, but maybe another time. My gut tells me those debris respawn. I tried once in Shareholders Fortune. I ended up getting bored with the fleet in there and sent them to do other things. Plus kept getting harassed by Strong Arms.

Thats a great way to keep Chip Plants and Computer Plants supplied for sure with silicon. Its kinda funny to me, those fleets take about 100 million to set up initially. But once set up, they are second to none when it comes to acquiring raw stuff from asteroids and rock fields.

Cho's defeat is a good place to set them loose if your on good terms. So it home of light.

I had to pop a rapid response M6 once because of them. I blew them up after they jumped one of my freighters, then had the rapid response osprey decide to hold a grudge against one of my Ozias. Kept attacking it. Sent a bomber in to deal with it. Tomahawks for the win. Game didn't seem to penalize me for that with the Teladi either. Happened in New Income.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Sun, 27. Aug 23, 06:10

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Sat, 26. Aug 23, 06:40
Sovereign01 wrote:
Fri, 25. Aug 23, 21:33

In AP I never got to the end of the story, always busy trying to collect things. Plus I was almost always modified on a lot of my playthroughs on it. That and getting bored after using the Nividium/stock market exploit. I think that's why I refuse to do modified on FL.

I don't spend a lot of time using the Ks and Js. I stick with an I most of the time. Kinda sad though to watch my I almost lose to an Akuma. Gonna have to switch it back to PPCs for the defense missions I guess. At least then I don't have to worry about popping neutrals at the gates. What was really funny though was watching a (my) Brigantine jump in and give the Akuma a right black eye. :D

Seizewell: That's a right mess your dealing with. It might be nice to clean up for safe flying in system, but maybe another time. My gut tells me those debris respawn. I tried once in Shareholders Fortune. I ended up getting bored with the fleet in there and sent them to do other things. Plus kept getting harassed by Strong Arms.

Thats a great way to keep Chip Plants and Computer Plants supplied for sure with silicon. Its kinda funny to me, those fleets take about 100 million to set up initially. But once set up, they are second to none when it comes to acquiring raw stuff from asteroids and rock fields.

Cho's defeat is a good place to set them loose if your on good terms. So it home of light.

I had to pop a rapid response M6 once because of them. I blew them up after they jumped one of my freighters, then had the rapid response osprey decide to hold a grudge against one of my Ozias. Kept attacking it. Sent a bomber in to deal with it. Tomahawks for the win. Game didn't seem to penalize me for that with the Teladi either. Happened in New Income.
I only went modified on TC and then just a couple of things, mainly MARS, corporation reset, and boarding via transporter :lol: In AP and FL, 100% vanilla.

In AP it took me longer than I probably should have to use the exploit, waiting until I'd mined and gathered enough Nividium to fill two mammoths before using it. Of course, I didn't really need to do it more than once since in AP without needing to produce materials for the HUB my trading empire was completely different this time around. I still built fuel/weed complexes in Pirate sectors, those always sold well, and I made nice with the Yaki instead of shooting them on sight like in TC, I even built a couple of huge weapon complexes in their space, a Commonwealth one in Savage Spur and a Terran one in Weaver's Tempest, and a missile complex in Senator's Badlands. Probably put a LOT of smugglers and gunrunners out of work since the Yaki now had on their doorstep all the weapons they could ever want or need :lol:

I still need to fine-tune my I loadout, see what I can do if I trade the space occupied by 1/3 of the PPCs for some of the missiles the ship can fire, I have a complex for those too though first time out I'm loading up at the Gate Hub. Which leads me to another question- does the missile turret need to be given different orders to the rest of the turrets, and does it automatically select the best missile for the job? I can't imagine any of the dumbfire/non-tracking ones being of any use.

I've been using the ore/silicon for building my ships and I'm not short on the stuff, I've even had to set the HQ to store only so traders don't sell to it. I'll have to see how the I handles defence missions, my Megalodon has no issues with it as long as it's out of weapons range of the station itself to avoid friendly fire issues.

The main reason I chose a Teladi sector for the job was that the status of the mining operation wouldn't be dependent on the whims of a fluctuating reputation system. I need to choose a Commonwealth bomber to launch Tomahawks from. It's gonna be based aboard a Kyoto alongside a Claymore, each ship having a TS full of their respective missiles docked. The balance of the class is such that there's a tradeoff between speed, shield strength and cargo capacity, and which of these factors is most important when launching from a carrier since I'm not sure how close I should get in the Kyoto before switching to the M8?
Last edited by Sovereign01 on Mon, 18. Sep 23, 19:09, edited 2 times in total.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Sun, 27. Aug 23, 08:39

Sovereign01 wrote:
Sun, 27. Aug 23, 06:10

I only went modified on TC and then just a couple of things, mainly MARS, corporation reset, and boarding via transporter :lol: In AP and FL, 100% vanilla.

In AP it took me longer than I probably should have to use the exploit, waiting until I'd mined and gathered enough Nividium to fill two mammoths before using the exploit. Of course, I didn't really need to do it more than once since in AP without needing to produce materials for the HUB my trading empire was completely different this time around.

I still need to fine-tune my I loadout, see what I can do if I trade the space occupied by 1/3 of the PPCs for some of the missiles the ship can fire, I have a complex for those too though first time out I'm loading up at the Gate Hub. Which leads me to another question- does the missile turret need to be given different orders to the rest of the turrets, and does it automatically select the best missile for the job? I can't imagine any of the dumbfire/non-tracking ones being of any use.

I've been using the ore/silicon for building my ships and I'm not short on the stuff, I've even had to set the HQ to store only so traders don't sell to it. I'll have to see how the I handles defence missions, my Megalodon has no issues with it as long as it's out of weapons range of the station itself to avoid friendly fire issues.

The main reason I chose a Teladi sector for the job was that the status of the mining operation wouldn't be dependent on the whims of a fluctuating reputation system. I need to choose a Commonwealth bomber to launch Tomahawks from. It's gonna be based aboard a Kyoto alongside a Claymore, each ship having a TS full of their respective missiles docked. The balance of the class is such that there's a tradeoff between speed, shield strength and cargo capacity, and which of these factors is most important when launching from a carrier since I'm not sure how close I should get in the Kyoto before switching to the M8?
As far as missiles, I don't know if it changes them. I don't recall setting them to Tempest. I do know that on Protect Ship or Attack Enemies, they get fired in rapid succession. I'm always afraid they will target the gate when they run out of enemies. I'll look at the radar screen and see what starts as a few, turn into hundreds of the tempest missiles in seconds. I wouldn't dare load any Firestorm's though onto it. Having a few get popped as they get launched will hurt anything launching them. I've done significant damage to carriers I was boarding, they'd launch one and it'd get hit by a mosquito missile with the missile defense system. There goes a large chunk of hull. I also refuse to use the hammerheads I've picked up in my springblossom because of that. lol....

I avoid setting up in pirate sectors or Yaki. I am negative red(3 - almost 4) with the Yaki.

If I need to keep something in PHQ, I set it to resource so the AI can still bring me it. Then set a max amount so it doesn't get overloaded. I keep my microchip count up doing this. I got 3 factories that can't keep stocked, ones a mega factory too, XXL size. It has a problem keeping silicon. :D
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Mon, 28. Aug 23, 02:21

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Sun, 27. Aug 23, 08:39
Sovereign01 wrote:
Sun, 27. Aug 23, 06:10

In AP it took me longer than I probably should have to use the exploit, waiting until I'd mined and gathered enough Nividium to fill two mammoths before using the exploit. Of course, I didn't really need to do it more than once since in AP without needing to produce materials for the HUB my trading empire was completely different this time around.

As far as missiles, I don't know if it changes them. I don't recall setting them to Tempest. I do know that on Protect Ship or Attack Enemies, they get fired in rapid succession. I'm always afraid they will target the gate when they run out of enemies. I'll look at the radar screen and see what starts as a few, turn into hundreds of the tempest missiles in seconds. I wouldn't dare load any Firestorm's though onto it. Having a few get popped as they get launched will hurt anything launching them. I've done significant damage to carriers I was boarding, they'd launch one and it'd get hit by a mosquito missile with the missile defense system. There goes a large chunk of hull. I also refuse to use the hammerheads I've picked up in my springblossom because of that. lol....

I avoid setting up in pirate sectors or Yaki. I am negative red(3 - almost 4) with the Yaki.

If I need to keep something in PHQ, I set it to resource so the AI can still bring me it. Then set a max amount so it doesn't get overloaded. I keep my microchip count up doing this. I got 3 factories that can't keep stocked, ones a mega factory too, XXL size. It has a problem keeping silicon. :D
I need to see if I can just tack on another chip factory and if I need to add other factories to keep it supplied. The I has quite a lengthy list of the missiles it can use, I know that the M7M's AI is good enough to know the ideal number of missiles it needs to launch at a particular target based on its health although it doesn't have as wide a selection, the problem is always the balance between speed, range and yield. I guess I'll find out next time I venture into a Xenon sector :lol: Why would the ship target the gate though?

When I started out in AP and found myself in a battle between Terrans and Argon and I went around picking up dropped cargo in my lowly M3. I lucked out when one of the crates contained two Hammerheads :mrgreen: just as some Terran ships seemed to notice me and give chase, so what did I do? I loaded up one of the Hammerheads and fired it at the nearest one, turned and burned. BOOM! :twisted: A pair of M5s, an M4 and an M3 were caught in the resulting 1.2km blast radius. One missile, four kills. That's how my journey in AP began :twisted:

In FL I haven't set up any factories in sectors I haven't claimed for myself, I still wish I'd claimed Dark Water beta instead of Akeela's Beacon. Only having silicon, AB does one thing- pump out ungodly amounts of space fuel and weed, the latter for some reason outselling the former.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Mon, 28. Aug 23, 11:38

Sovereign01 wrote:
Mon, 28. Aug 23, 02:21

I need to see if I can just tack on another chip factory and if I need to add other factories to keep it supplied. The I has quite a lengthy list of the missiles it can use, I know that the M7M's AI is good enough to know the ideal number of missiles it needs to launch at a particular target based on its health although it doesn't have as wide a selection, the problem is always the balance between speed, range and yield. I guess I'll find out next time I venture into a Xenon sector :lol: Why would the ship target the gate though?

When I started out in AP and found myself in a battle between Terrans and Argon and I went around picking up dropped cargo in my lowly M3. I lucked out when one of the crates contained two Hammerheads :mrgreen: just as some Terran ships seemed to notice me and give chase, so what did I do? I loaded up one of the Hammerheads and fired it at the nearest one, turned and burned. BOOM! :twisted: A pair of M5s, an M4 and an M3 were caught in the resulting 1.2km blast radius. One missile, four kills. That's how my journey in AP began :twisted:

In FL I haven't set up any factories in sectors I haven't claimed for myself, I still wish I'd claimed Dark Water beta instead of Akeela's Beacon. Only having silicon, AB does one thing- pump out ungodly amounts of space fuel and weed, the latter for some reason outselling the former.
Well, the ship didn't target it. The missiles did after all other targets were exhausted. They turned and slammed into the east gate in Hatikvahs Fate "Hammer Heavy Torpedo's". Its the reason both the pirate base and anarchy port are now hostile to me in that sector. :lol:

I did the reverse on those 2 sectors. In Dark Water beta I built a disruptor rifle fab to fuel the marine training barracks 10 km away. :D I keep a spaceweed complex in Homily of Perpetuity since the Teladi are ok with it. Space Fuel I make in Nathan's Voyage beta. It rarely sells, but the Incendiary Bomb Launcher forge and Disruptor Missile Fab use it. :D
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Tue, 29. Aug 23, 02:41

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Mon, 28. Aug 23, 11:38
Sovereign01 wrote:
Mon, 28. Aug 23, 02:21

Well, the ship didn't target it. The missiles did after all other targets were exhausted. They turned and slammed into the east gate in Hatikvahs Fate "Hammer Heavy Torpedo's". Its the reason both the pirate base and anarchy port are now hostile to me in that sector. :lol:

I did the reverse on those 2 sectors. In Dark Water beta I built a disruptor rifle fab to fuel the marine training barracks 10 km away. :D I keep a spaceweed complex in Homily of Perpetuity since the Teladi are ok with it. Space Fuel I make in Nathan's Voyage beta. It rarely sells, but the Incendiary Bomb Launcher forge and Disruptor Missile Fab use it. :D
I built a small factory complex to supply the marine training barracks but it's overkill as I've already trained all the marines I'm ever going to need, getting them ready for boarding Xenon is a real pain in the ass, there's really only one ship that I'm interested in getting my hands on and I can't get the notoriety I need to simply buy the thing :lol:

I need to load up my I and see what kind of damage I can do with it. I also need to stockpile Shadow missiles for my Skirnir, I have a surplus of Hammers and Flails that I need to expend to free up some cargo space. I have one Boron EQD in the Hub for the Aquilo and Skirnir, I think once I've finished my Reverse Engineering I'll have the docking space for capitals I've got IS. It's an efficient setup- I dock in my M6, switch to an M7M, and head off to stir up a hornets nest! :mrgreen: If it's not enough space I'll have to get another Boron EQD, unless there's another with more capital docks, I know the Boron one has unlimited docking slots for small ships so I've stuck all of mine there.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Tue, 19. Sep 23, 10:12

Sovereign01 wrote:
Tue, 29. Aug 23, 02:41
I built a small factory complex to supply the marine training barracks but it's overkill as I've already trained all the marines I'm ever going to need, getting them ready for boarding Xenon is a real pain in the ass, there's really only one ship that I'm interested in getting my hands on and I can't get the notoriety I need to simply buy the thing :lol:
Best notoriety gains for me has always been station building missions. They are quick and easy as long as you can get the stations. Plus it's not like we don't have an ample supply of TL's sitting around. :lol:
Sovereign01 wrote:
I need to load up my I and see what kind of damage I can do with it. I also need to stockpile Shadow missiles for my Skirnir, I have a surplus of Hammers and Flails that I need to expend to free up some cargo space. I have one Boron EQD in the Hub for the Aquilo and Skirnir, I think once I've finished my Reverse Engineering I'll have the docking space for capitals I've got IS. It's an efficient setup- I dock in my M6, switch to an M7M, and head off to stir up a hornets nest! :mrgreen: If it's not enough space I'll have to get another Boron EQD, unless there's another with more capital docks, I know the Boron one has unlimited docking slots for small ships so I've stuck all of mine there.
I have 6 Boron EQ Docks. Scattered throughout. I think I am just about ready to unlock the Terran zone for good. I really want to be able to equip the Osaka that is currently in the cooker. :D
I'm sitting on a stockpile of 26 PSP and 30 FBC. Not all the arcs can take those, but at least it can shoot- somewhat. :gruebel:

I managed to get every arc armed for the Aegir I have through. It's pitiful, but L and R have FBC, U and D have M/AM Launchers, and the back has 1 starburst shockwave cannon. All procured courtesy of the Xenon. :mrgreen:

Sadly, the main is silent. It's still as dangerous as the guppy though. It don't have a main anymore either. :D
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Fri, 22. Sep 23, 08:35

Sovereign01 wrote:

Hey, I made it to overlord. Time to spawn my minions. :lol:
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Sat, 23. Sep 23, 04:43

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Tue, 19. Sep 23, 10:12
Sovereign01 wrote:
Best notoriety gains for me has always been station building missions. They are quick and easy as long as you can get the stations. Plus it's not like we don't have an ample supply of TL's sitting around. :lol:
Sovereign01 wrote:
I have 6 Boron EQ Docks. Scattered throughout. I think I am just about ready to unlock the Terran zone for good. I really want to be able to equip the Osaka that is currently in the cooker. :D
I'm sitting on a stockpile of 26 PSP and 30 FBC. Not all the arcs can take those, but at least it can shoot- somewhat. :gruebel:

I managed to get every arc armed for the Aegir I have through. It's pitiful, but L and R have FBC, U and D have M/AM Launchers, and the back has 1 starburst shockwave cannon. All procured courtesy of the Xenon. :mrgreen:

Sadly, the main is silent. It's still as dangerous as the guppy though. It don't have a main anymore either. :D
They were quick and easy in TC & AP, no such luck in FL, precisely because of the required notoriety to purchase said factories no longer being guaranteed. And any positive shift in favour with one race results in a negative shift with their enemies.

I need to juggle some PSPs and FBCs, even the mighty Valhalla cannot take a full loadout of both :lol: If I can dock a TS there I can always have it carry any excess weapons, it's not as though I have an abundance of compatible ships to equip them on :lol:

Maybe with FBCs the Aegir won't suck so much and can put that awesome laser generator to use, a frigate only mounting the equivalent of CIGs and Flak was never going to be able to duke it out with other capital ships :lol:

My Guppy won't be venturing far from the hub, its main role is purely to repair ships that have taken damage. Best done OOS since the drones can and will hit and be run over by a repair target, even one that's not moving :lol: At least, it will be, once I've finished REing it and made another. I should probably work out the role of each drone frigate. I know the Boron one is for repairing and the Tealdi one for mining, but beyond that? Not a clue :lol:

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Sat, 23. Sep 23, 05:03

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Fri, 22. Sep 23, 08:35
Sovereign01 wrote:

Hey, I made it to overlord. Time to spawn my minions. :lol:
I'm 90% of the way to Conqueror, I hope that's the rank that will let Wodens spawn in ATF assassination missions. I'm starting to think it might be easier to trash my Split rank if it will let me raise my Terran rep enough to just buy the thing :lol:

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Sun, 24. Sep 23, 05:36

Sovereign01 wrote:
Sat, 23. Sep 23, 04:43

They were quick and easy in TC & AP, no such luck in FL, precisely because of the required notoriety to purchase said factories no longer being guaranteed. And any positive shift in favour with one race results in a negative shift with their enemies.

I need to juggle some PSPs and FBCs, even the mighty Valhalla cannot take a full loadout of both :lol: If I can dock a TS there I can always have it carry any excess weapons, it's not as though I have an abundance of compatible ships to equip them on :lol:

Maybe with FBCs the Aegir won't suck so much and can put that awesome laser generator to use, a frigate only mounting the equivalent of CIGs and Flak was never going to be able to duke it out with other capital ships :lol:

My Guppy won't be venturing far from the hub, its main role is purely to repair ships that have taken damage. Best done OOS since the drones can and will hit and be run over by a repair target, even one that's not moving :lol: At least, it will be, once I've finished REing it and made another. I should probably work out the role of each drone frigate. I know the Boron one is for repairing and the Tealdi one for mining, but beyond that? Not a clue :lol:
Honestly, when it comes to firing arcs. My idea is PSP, PPC, for the Front, Left and Right Arcs, IBLs for rear for those ships that use them. Up and down for the beam weapons and flak. In general anyway. Then keep an ample set of ISR, CIGs and PRG depending on race, to accommodate anti fighter capabilities.

I'm building a fleet to hit Xenon sectors with. Mainly just for personal summons. So far it's got 2 Xenon I, 2 J, 2 Q, 1 K, and 2 more I are in the build Queue. That K was a pain to equip. I set up Gamma configuration specifically for this group. Anti Missile, Protect Ship, Attack What Ship Is Attacking, etc... I want to make sure all the ships have everything they need for all those loadouts.

Drones just like giving sweet blunt force kisses to the carrier, and any stations enroute, targets for repairs, and gates. I think the AI get's a glazed look, saying Oooooo shiny, BOOM!
- Did you know a M7M will actually fly into a station it just destroyed? No regards to the debris. Doesn't even attempt to avoid it. Just full speed ahead and kaboom, M7M explodes from the impact. Watched my Minotaur do that after attacking a split core world. Oh, and someone shot the Paranid jump beacon in Duke's Citadel. "Sorry I'm reminiscing on moments of DOH!". :rant: :mrgreen: I'm kind of laughing as a type this. :D

:lol:

As soon as I breached the overlord rank, I saw immediate results with an increase in enemy activity. Especially the Xenon. Only thing now, is that the God engine is busy destroying stations and not replacing them. The Teladi have ample stations, but that's because I've been deploying them for them. 22 million credits for a station that only costs 3 million? Sign me up. :D
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Mon, 25. Sep 23, 15:41

In days gone past, I would turn to station-building missions to rebuild my shattered fortune following on from building my latest complex, or my shattered Paranid rep after acquiring my latest Agamemnon/Hyperion. But with the jump beacons, that is no longer necessary :mrgreen: As well as not needing to manually place every station in a complex. Unless one of them is an FBC forge and I have to scoop up an entire pancake stack of XL SPPs that it drags thousands of km out of position! :mrgreen: Boy did those becaons sure come in handy when directing my TLs :wink:

I got a message saying my atmospheric lifter had docked at the HQ, which means a space had been freed up by reverse engineering, and it was the Aegir that had reached the front of the queue and is now being turned into blueprints. It's going to be a while unless I board a second one in the meantime. Those excess guns have got to go somewhere :lol:

OrionTaltos
x4

Post by OrionTaltos » Mon, 25. Sep 23, 22:29

Sovereign01 wrote:
Sat, 23. Sep 23, 04:43
I acquired a Guppy and rebuilt it (Atreus be happy that's all I've taken, I haven't forgotten the two UTs that died there while I didn't touch your transporters). It's been magical. HQ can only repair so many ships. This little guy will happily work on whatever comes by. Especially awesome for patching up freighters.
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Sun, 24. Sep 23, 05:36
As soon as I breached the overlord rank, I saw immediate results with an increase in enemy activity. Especially the Xenon. Only thing now, is that the God engine is busy destroying stations and not replacing them. The Teladi have ample stations, but that's because I've been deploying them for them. 22 million credits for a station that only costs 3 million? Sign me up. :D
It definitely goes in waves of clearing out stations. It was weird at the beginning being trapped in the Void yet getting constant news of stations being destroyed. Then afterwards it stopped for a couple hundred real hours. And then another mass wave of articles of destruction. I expect a few more stations since some sectors are dangerous to enter. The defensive fleets really care when I have a combat mission, but they'll leave a K or J floating around a sector for hundreds of hours. Paranid Prime Beta though is terrifying at this stage. An I and a pair of Ks with some Qs and other support.
The Goner Sectors are well populated with stations because I always go "Yes!" to them.
Sovereign01 wrote:
Mon, 25. Sep 23, 15:41
I got a message saying my atmospheric lifter had docked at the HQ, which means a space had been freed up by reverse engineering, and it was the Aegir that had reached the front of the queue and is now being turned into blueprints. It's going to be a while unless I board a second one in the meantime. Those excess guns have got to go somewhere :lol:
I just nabbed a couple of lifters on my first raid into Terran space. Reverse engineered one and the other had Build MK3 already on board (I've been cheap and avoided getting it myself). That's been a super nice addition. Especially such a massive ST hold. And apparently only one ship needs to have the software, because it can give deployment orders to my other TLs to go handle smaller complexes before it goes off to do a big one.

I do have a couple of Aegirs, but I lack the weaponry for them. I did have a stockpile of FBCs from the black market (that was a cool find) that filled out some of the arcs.
Sadly, freighter plundering has failed to turn up weaponry (other than ammo). And the Terrans are considering me 'aggressive' :lol: So I can't send my agents to go poke around. Though I'd need a whole factory chain of theft.
Arrow + Auto-Pillok + SETA = White Knuckle Terror

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Mon, 25. Sep 23, 22:55

OrionTaltos wrote:
Mon, 25. Sep 23, 22:29

I acquired a Guppy and rebuilt it (Atreus be happy that's all I've taken, I haven't forgotten the two UTs that died there while I didn't touch your transporters). It's been magical. HQ can only repair so many ships. This little guy will happily work on whatever comes by. Especially awesome for patching up freighters.
I love the capture, reverse engineer, rebuild cycle. It gives me a drive to keep recycling dukes stuff (Zeus'). I actually got my Guppy from the Boron and not Atreus, though I am on friendly terms. Just not high enough to ever buy the Guppy from them. I now have multiple of these frigates. So far my favorite is the Kariudo. Has a nice armament setup for combat. But you don't typically use these for that role. :D

The Panther aint bad either. But it doesn't hold much in the way of weapons. It's role, per game, is obviously as a light carrier. :lol: Yea good one on that devs.

The Griffon I hardly use. I guess the Kariudo is the one I mass produce. It's the first one I actually acquired a BP for.

Not sure how I feel about the Cormorant. And I have yet to get the Ariadne. Something doesn't feel right about boarding one. So I leave the Paranid alone, and my ability to buy a Deimos with them intact.
OrionTaltos wrote:

It definitely goes in waves of clearing out stations. It was weird at the beginning being trapped in the Void yet getting constant news of stations being destroyed. Then afterwards it stopped for a couple hundred real hours. And then another mass wave of articles of destruction. I expect a few more stations since some sectors are dangerous to enter. The defensive fleets really care when I have a combat mission, but they'll leave a K or J floating around a sector for hundreds of hours. Paranid Prime Beta though is terrifying at this stage. An I and a pair of Ks with some Qs and other support.
The Goner Sectors are well populated with stations because I always go "Yes!" to them.
Defensive missions are easiest to get Agents on aside from Taxi missions. I've taken quite a few in Eighteen Billion. The key is to get a few kills before the AI finishes them off. New Income is a real pain as is Ceo's Doubt.
OrionTaltos wrote:
I just nabbed a couple of lifters on my first raid into Terran space. Reverse engineered one and the other had Build MK3 already on board (I've been cheap and avoided getting it myself). That's been a super nice addition. Especially such a massive ST hold. And apparently only one ship needs to have the software, because it can give deployment orders to my other TLs to go handle smaller complexes before it goes off to do a big one.

I do have a couple of Aegirs, but I lack the weaponry for them. I did have a stockpile of FBCs from the black market (that was a cool find) that filled out some of the arcs.
Sadly, freighter plundering has failed to turn up weaponry (other than ammo). And the Terrans are considering me 'aggressive' :lol: So I can't send my agents to go poke around. Though I'd need a whole factory chain of theft.
You'll be fine with the stealing aspect. Just need access to get the influence points with them so you can send the agents to begin with. I'm planning on resurrecting an old save to play nice with them. Maybe the one I got all my jump beacons on from the version 1.2 duplication exploit. :mrgreen:

I like the way the Aegir looks. You can get lucky with Terran weapon drops from the Xenon capitals. FBC is the only thing I have ever seen on the black market. I wish there was a way to influence this.

I got my Aegir and Osaka without unlocking the Terran zone. Sadly, they only have capital ship weapons. Why we can't put the experiemental ones on them is a bit above me. But oh well. :D And vice versa with the #deca fighters. "Sorry, I realize the back turret can equip a standard terran weapon".

Aamon's that you find flying around do tend to have the Electro Magnetic Plasma Cannon. You might be able to cargobay hack one. Most likely though it'll be equipped. And most of the ones I found were on pirate fighters. :D
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Tue, 26. Sep 23, 17:09

Just a shame there's no way in vanilla to obtain the M1 #deca :( Why put in the ability to make gamma kyons if you don't have a ship to mount them on? :P

The EMPC is a bit of an odd duck when it comes to lasers, compared to HEPTs and EBCs it has less range, projectile speed in between the two others, and considerably less damage against shields but considerably more damage vs hulls. Which is probably why the turrets on my Kogarasu Maru will sometimes switch to them :D

Now I have to look into getting an Aamon prototype :lol:

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Wed, 27. Sep 23, 21:30

Sovereign01 wrote:
Tue, 26. Sep 23, 17:09
Typically my 3rd ship in FL.
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Fri, 29. Sep 23, 02:28

ubuntufreakdragon wrote:
Wed, 27. Sep 23, 21:30
Sovereign01 wrote:
Typically my 3rd ship in FL.
Checking the HQ I realise I must have gotten it ages ago and forgotten because the blueprints are there, the only Commonwealth M3 that can mount the EMPC presents a unique opportunity for loadout. Depending on the quality of the laser generator you'd equip it with EBC/HEPT for anti-shield work, then switch to EMPCs to chew through the hull. Not sure how accurate they would be or whether PBGs would do a better job.

Thinking about upgrading the Valhalla I realised I don't need to mess around dragging it with a tractor beam, all I need do is drop a beacon right in front of an engine tuning/rudder optimization and have the larger ship jump in on top of it to scoop up both straight away :mrgreen: Now that I think about it, I could do that with any big slow ship, it'll just be easier for those with hangars :lol: Joining the dots I realised I've actually done this already using the advanced kestrel when I needed to move a bunch of stations a couple of thousand km and needed to get the TLs close enough to pick up the stations.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Sat, 30. Sep 23, 21:34

Sovereign01 wrote:
Just a shame there's no way in vanilla to obtain the M1 #deca :( Why put in the ability to make gamma kyons if you don't have a ship to mount them on? :P

The EMPC is a bit of an odd duck when it comes to lasers, compared to HEPTs and EBCs it has less range, projectile speed in between the two others, and considerably less damage against shields but considerably more damage vs hulls. Which is probably why the turrets on my Kogarasu Maru will sometimes switch to them :D

Honest opinion on that. I think they stopped half way through progress when creating this version. Some of the disabled gate locations don't make sense in terms of cannon. Maybe cannon will say in the future they were moved for testing purposes. Also, the toucan floating at the last page, but is abandoned for example, is an un-finished mission. It's locked and unclaimable. I'd personally finish it and connect it to the games only mission obtainable jump beacon in the game. Again, only honest opinions here.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”