Traveller achievement (X3AP) problems

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Traveller achievement (X3AP) problems

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Wed, 9. Oct 13, 17:26

So I finally completed all the plots and wanted to end with this game, all I wanted to get is the Traveller achievement (explore all sectors), however I visited every sector, my pilot stats say that I visited 238 sectors, which should be the needed number, according to forum. Can somebody help?

Here you can see that I visited 238 sectors, which is the needed number for this achievement, according to the forum search.

But I still don´t have that achievement.

My game is not modified.

And my internet was alright while I got the last sector...
World of Tanks has been played on the second computer in next room, no internet problems.

Please help

dno101

Post by dno101 » Wed, 9. Oct 13, 17:42

I remember reading somewhere that if you purchased sector information from one of the stations (lightbulb/dollar sign quests), then that negates the acheivement. Might be that.......

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 9. Oct 13, 18:04

yeah you have to physically go to each sector with your ship.

so if you bought the info for certain sectors, then they will be known, but wont be counted as visited

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Wed, 9. Oct 13, 18:16

Yes, I also heard that.

And that is why I printed that space map (from Roguey).
I marked every sector that I knew for 100% that I visited it... And then I visited all sectors that were not marked on my paper map.

The last unvisited sector was Ringo Moon.
Before I entered it, my stats said "237 sectors visited" and after entering it, it was "238 sectors", which is the exact number of sectors, according to forum search.

However I still don´t have the achievement.

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Wed, 9. Oct 13, 19:42

There is an additional sector to rogueys map and that is the one you get after completing the shady business plot its north and east of ptni.

Erqco
x4

Post by Erqco » Thu, 10. Oct 13, 02:08

Is there any way to know if you are visited a sector or not?

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Thu, 10. Oct 13, 04:45

No, do what I did and do a grid pattern visiting all sectors in a fast ship, its tedious which is why I never buy sector maps in game.

Its also possible to do it in a springy with a jump drive, just list every sector and jump to each one takes about an hour or so and avoids time spent traversing sectors.

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Thu, 10. Oct 13, 15:23

I have already visited that "special" plot sector. I completed all plots.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Thu, 10. Oct 13, 16:18

In AP 3.0 there are a total of 240 sectors, one being the UFJD sector that does not get counted, so the final number of sectors is 239. Not 100% sure how the unlocker works tbh but assuming it looks up the galaxy map you are missing one sector.

MFG

Ketraar

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Thu, 10. Oct 13, 16:31

Aha, thanks.
But I already printed a map, marked all sectors where I certainly was, and then I visited all sectors that were not marked. I visited the "new player sector", that new UFJD xenon sector and also the Xenon Hub. Iam totally clueless which sector it might be! Now, not even a map will help me, cause I already did that!

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Thu, 10. Oct 13, 17:14

Earth ultimatum IV. wrote:that new UFJD xenon sector
That is the same as the normal UFJD sector, we just cheated a bit during the plot so you will land on it.

Do a reverse list of unlikely sectors to visit and work them one by one, this way chances are its not the last one. But other than that I'm afraid little else can be done at this point.

MFG

Ketraar

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Thu, 10. Oct 13, 19:39

You say you have printed a map then count the sectors listed and if the total; is not 239 then there is definately a sector you haven't found.
If the total on the map is 239 then it is one you might have purchased a sector map for or scanned using a scout ship.

MrPopo
x3tc

Post by MrPopo » Thu, 10. Oct 13, 23:33

You could try brute forcing it with a ship loaded with 239 satellites and run the "Deploy satellite network" command on your ship. It'll be a long ride but hopefully it'll ensure you hit every sector.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Fri, 11. Oct 13, 04:16

The Xenon sector in the far NE was the one I forgot about.
Another time I forgot the UK sector NW of Getsu Fune...you have to go through a Xenon sector to get there.

Other than that, i can only suggest what others have said.

celem
x3ap

Post by celem » Sat, 12. Oct 13, 12:36

You can sometimes spot the culprit. You definately missed one since you are saying you have 238, but having finished plots you've been to the player system which makes 239 and isnt actually needed for the achievement.

Assuming you've combed the map and have them all uncovered then you in same position i had. Now I didnt buy maps specifically to avoid this so knew it must have been an autopiloting remote ship, well they dont map for you.

If you ever sent a remote ship through a load of sectors you didnt have uncovered then you might know you end up with a sector map containing only 1 gate for each system in the line, this is the telltale for your missing system. It was the only one i had where the local map consisted only of 1 gate yet the system was not dead-end. FYI it was Ianamus Zura and was caused by a capped m5 autopiloting the south road rather than the explored north during the early-game

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Sun, 13. Oct 13, 16:25

Yeah guys I got it.

That god-damned Rhonkar´s might sector.
I even missed it when checking every unvisited sector on my printed map which I couldn´t remember!
I missed it while playing the plot!
I even missed it when totally checking the whole Roguey´s map!

But yeah, I finally got it now. Thanks for help! 27/33 achievements completed.

Now I will just try to get Defender of the Universe.

elqatta
x4

Re: Traveller achievement (X3AP) problems

Post by elqatta » Fri, 18. Sep 20, 21:15

It's 2020 and after 3 years abandoning X3 I decide to complete all the achievements.

Im stuck at 237 sectors visited so I need to know how many sectors should be visited to obtain the achievement.
I've already finish this plots: Main, Hub, PHQ, Breaking Grounds, Corp Troubles...the last I need is Shady business.

Thank you all if want to help me.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 18. Sep 20, 21:20

@ elqatta: If you have read the earlier posts in this very old thread then you would know that it is at least 239 normal sectors not counting the UFJD one(s).
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

elqatta
x4

Post by elqatta » Sat, 19. Sep 20, 22:09

Alan Phipps wrote:
Fri, 18. Sep 20, 21:20
@ elqatta: If you have read the earlier posts in this very old thread then you would know that it is at least 239 normal sectors not counting the UFJD one(s).
Yes, I understand, but thet I've explored all sistems according to my map compared to Roguey's one but I think that only solutions is that bought at least two sector with "light bulb" missions. :evil:
I'm starting a JD mission all over the map to check every sector, I'm ot going trough Terran sectors because I explored them as soon as I hit enough rep to travel without problems.
Hope this will end well!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”