'Sector Patrol' or 'Attack All Enemies'?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

apogee
x3tc

Post by apogee » Thu, 29. Jun 06, 11:26

I had a look at this last night and the following observations were observed.

I found a sector with some pirates attacking a station to the East of the sector. I flew to the west and ordered a paranid nemesis into sector, to the west also (rinse and repeat to test).

1) On "Accack all enemies", the nemesis moved genearlly towards the centre of the sector at half speed 57ms, with slight course changes but not directly towards the pirates. Then when the pirate came into scanner range of the nemesis it immediately increased speed to max and headed directly for its target.

2) On Patrol single sector, within about 5 seconds of executing this command the verbose computer says Pirate buster (i think there is some kind of bug here *** ) and the nemesis immediately sets off towards the enemy target which is well out of scanner range.

*** For some reason a ship on patrol which has a target, when you target or view the patrol ship the good ole verbose computer seems to say the name of its target rather than it, and often for no apparent reason as well!

ttl
x3tc

Post by ttl » Thu, 29. Jun 06, 14:55

apogee: Did you have a sat or another ship, which had the pirates in it's scanner range ?

As Cycrow pointed out, the patrol ships should be able to see targets in other's scanner range as well as their own. The "attack all enemies" ships do not, I have oberved.

apogee
x3tc

Post by apogee » Thu, 29. Jun 06, 15:21

ttl wrote:apogee: Did you have a sat or another ship, which had the pirates in it's scanner range ?

As Cycrow pointed out, the patrol ships should be able to see targets in other's scanner range as well as their own. The "attack all enemies" ships do not, I have oberved.
Funnily enogh, the first time i tested there was one of my UT's heading for the station that the pirates were attaching. It was because the UT picked up the pirates in its scanner range that i was able to test. The first time i ran it the UT had the pirates in scanner range, but this did not make any difference to the results, it would appear that it has to be the attacking ships scanner that picks up the baddies!

There were no satellites either.

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Thu, 29. Jun 06, 21:14

The modern Patrol scripts have an NTDS capability. This means that they can download the scans from any owned ship, navsat or station in the sector. If you can see the enemy, on the sector scan, then so can your patrol ships. 8)

The version (Mark's Patrol) that I worked on in X2 would announce what object reported the enemy, but they did not do that in X3. I guess it was too much comm traffic. :wink:

In X2, the "Attack all enemies" command had an infinite scan range, but I think that is fixed in X3. :wink:
Tinker

"If engineers built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization!"

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 29. Jun 06, 22:37

Like the "Missile defense" turret command is now built on "Protect ship" command, while the X2 version was extension of "Attack all" command. Good fix.

Some patch readme (or was it Scripts Testing Forum?) mentioned "fixing" the scanner range of military ships. I wonder what that was about?

rmazurek
x3tc

Re: 'Sector Patrol' or 'Attack All Enemies'?

Post by rmazurek » Fri, 15. Mar 19, 12:36

How about X Rebirth?
There also is attack enemies and patrol command but I can't find any difference between this two commands.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: 'Sector Patrol' or 'Attack All Enemies'?

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 15. Mar 19, 16:11

A 13 year dead necro to ask a question in the wrong forum anyway. :sceptic: <click>
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”