[TC] Treasure Hunt Walkthrough

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Wed, 24. Feb 10, 23:23

You may be able to take on the Albatross with an M3+ provided you hide in it's blind spot, otherwise an M8/M6/M7 will do the job. Or missiles and Fighter Drones.

Etolf
x3tc

Post by Etolf » Thu, 25. Feb 10, 09:31

a ship with a turret is good, especially a side turret, as that will automatically keep the shields on the Albatross down while the passengers are transferring...

cazman
x3tc

Treasure hunt start Problem, I read the walkthrough

Post by cazman » Sat, 27. Feb 10, 16:22

To get the blue book icon in a pirate sector near brennans triumph do I need to have all the equipment to do the mission for the blue book to show up? Been cruising the pirate sectors, comming everyone in case the blue book is there but something else is showing. Can't get any blue book. I looked way back in my mesage log I did get notice from the Argon that a collosus had been stolen. So am having trouble getting going on the Treasure hunt mission. Also, it does not show up in my missions list. Hints?

fairywhipper

Post by fairywhipper » Sat, 27. Feb 10, 18:14

yo cazman,
hope you have more luck, the mission giver is in pirate sectors around brennans triumph, sometimes it does take a while for it to show up (the station being taken out.. just come back later for a respawn)...

When fighting drones, xenon beacons etc, just use PBG equipped ship, don't need anything fancy, or heavy. its easier as well. I used a fast m3 for most of the mission no probs.
Sector 101, a fast m4 with cargobay life support will do the trick, just dont dogfight the xenon, especially if you fly 250+, lead the forces away from the debris, then fly back should give you about 10mins for shuttle fight.

The TL at the end is easy to cap after you get the crew out, still used an m3... just got to watch out for the yaki (they really dont like the TL). So get the crew first (invincble 97% hull), then board command as last 2 crew transfer over, then it should be yours to jump out to safety before you fly to argon prime.

cazman
x3tc

Post by cazman » Sat, 27. Feb 10, 18:52

thanks fairywhipper, I'll keep trying. Maybe just do some missions in the area to kill the time.

Etolf
x3tc

Post by Etolf » Wed, 3. Mar 10, 09:56

I capped a couple in Akeela's Beacon too... you'll find that they, and the TL, will disappear quite quickly... just vanish.

Does anyone know a way to prevent this? I've heard that some have hung on to their captures, what did they do that was different? Would be good to find out exactly what it is...

dominic mc evoy
x3tc

Post by dominic mc evoy » Thu, 4. Mar 10, 20:16

great walk through thanks

i caped the Albatross and have it in for repair at my headquartors
heared some people have trouble cappping it .

now i have my x shuttle ok its not a bad little shuttle, good shelds and good fire power but is that it

SHOULDN'T IT BE ABLE TO WARP AS WELL ???????????

fairywhipper

Post by fairywhipper » Thu, 4. Mar 10, 22:10

should be a walkover with springblossom.
stage 1 take out all the escourts
stage 2 shoot it till it his 97% hull.
stage 3 wait for crew to transfer.
stage 4b fly to argon prime and collect reward.

stage 4a. cap the TL after the crew transfer over, then stage 4b 8)

Orion1632
x4

Post by Orion1632 » Fri, 5. Mar 10, 02:49

So does the TL vanish or not after you cap it ?

Orion1632
x4

Post by Orion1632 » Fri, 5. Mar 10, 12:06

well I capped the albotross and it didn't vanish on me after I finished the mission and got the shuttle.

maybe it's because I repaired it a bit first with the repair laser?

Still I am happy with a free TL even if it looks more like an apartment block then a space ship

fairywhipper

Post by fairywhipper » Fri, 5. Mar 10, 13:32

I capped the TL, then had it cruise to a shipyard across 3 systems while I jumped to argon prime, no probs.... I did kit it out a little first and might of zapped it with a repair laser for a dash. I Think the TL loses its plot abilities after all the crew transfer, because before hand 97%, you can nuke it and still 97%, after the last crew transfer, watch the hull damage. Some say it might disappear, but it didnt for me, while I brought troops in from afar, so suggest cap it first before you goto argon prime.

Greyhawk1
x3tc

Post by Greyhawk1 » Fri, 12. Mar 10, 00:14

Just started this. I got Hint 1 pretty quickly though guesswork but hint 2 is completely lost on me. I'm assuming the Foundation Guild is Boron but I've only found one reference to it in the entire map and thats the description for Ceo's Buckzoid which doesnt say where the HQ is. A complete guess would be Kingdom End.

I found the asteroid in Hint 1 by guessing it would be in an awkward or remote place and a different size or colour. The colour was what found it for me.

I'm trying not to use spoilers but the hints are vague to the point of not hinting in the least.

Your first challenge of course is to figure out where the information went that you got off the Trouble Seeker since there's no hint where it went. Had a look in the cargo hold, trawled my messages and finally gave up and checked my current missions...where I found the info :roll:

Do you guys write stuff for Everquest 2? I've had endless fun finding a needle in a haystack several miles wide in that game with the helpful hint of "vaguely southish" as my only clue lol...

Still fun though.

fairywhipper

Post by fairywhipper » Fri, 12. Mar 10, 00:24

Greyhawk1 wrote:Just started this. I got Hint 1 pretty quickly though guesswork but hint 2 is completely lost on me. I'm assuming the Foundation Guild is Boron but I've only found one reference to it in the entire map and thats the description for Ceo's Buckzoid which doesnt say where the HQ is. A
sometimes, its nice to read the sector description found under galaxy map, its amazing how many guilds there are out there, the profit guild are mostly teladi.
The foundation guild, well must stem from somewhere...
personally i would look near a prime sector of a human spinoff
:lol:
(sorry to make it cryptic, its more fun this way)

CreepyD
x4

Post by CreepyD » Sun, 14. Mar 10, 16:55

Is there any way of i finding out where the 'treasure' is in xenon sector 101?
I have severe problem that that sector has been overtaken by the Khaak now. I just about made it into the sector in a 605m/s ship and am zooming around aimlessly trying to find it.

Khaak are spawning on me 3 at a time every 30 secs or so so I can't stop and search properly!
I found 1 wreck a long way south, but that's it.

Added:
Nevermind I realised I had to scan it.. reloaded and equipped a freight scanner to do so.
Scanned then realised I have to capture it.
There's no way in hell I'm gonna be able to get a ship large enough to carry marines that far into the sector.
I only have a 1 x M2, 1 x M7 and 3 x M6's to go up against about 10+ destroyers/carriers.
This will have to wait some time.. :oops:

Added:
Yes the Improved Races script, it's awesome and makes it a lot more fun to have the khaak actually posing a threat to the galaxy, I feel like I need to start getting more M2's out quick smart before they take over completely hehe.
Last edited by CreepyD on Sun, 14. Mar 10, 17:13, edited 2 times in total.

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Sun, 14. Mar 10, 17:09

CreepyD wrote:Is there any way of i finding out where the 'treasure' is in xenon sector 101?
I have severe problem that that sector has been overtaken by the Khaak now. I just about made it into the sector in a 605m/s ship and am zooming around aimlessly trying to find it.

Khaak are spawning on me 3 at a time every 30 secs or so so I can't stop and search properly!
I found 1 wreck a long way south, but that's it.
Kha'ak in 101? Are you using scripts?

fairywhipper

Post by fairywhipper » Sun, 14. Mar 10, 17:50

improved races script by the looks.
let the xenon fight it out with the khaak (a Q will turn up sooner or later).

you dont need to cap any ship for mission, but 1 bailying pilot

CreepyD
x4

Post by CreepyD » Sun, 14. Mar 10, 19:16

Oh right.
Do I still need to shoot it's shields down? Will 2xIRE's be enough to do that, I'm sure it had 200MJ so I'm guessing not.
I'll just leave the mission and come back to it later, plenty of other things to do :D

It's funny, I've not seen it before but when I jumped out of the sector, a few khaak jumped with me! Twice lol! Even 605m/s wasn't enough to escape the carrier's beams of death.
Gotta love the IR script for making things a challenge.

MattSD

Post by MattSD » Fri, 14. May 10, 06:31

Thanks a lot for the walkthrough helped a lot on this plot; but a quick question for anyone that might know. I am attempting to cap the Albatross on the last part of the mission (FYI this will be my first cap ever). I have 10 marines trained up but they seem to not be able to get inside and cap the ship before the Parnid miltary vessel destroys it; perhaps i am not capping correctly since this is my first cap but i have read some good walthroughs on the site such as http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=2921468 . Is the Parnid Military a new part of the plot or something special in my game... or am i just not going about capping correctly....
If this helps I am going in with an angel (TP) and my nova raider (M3); keeping the shields down is simple since the Parnid military vessel is shooting at the Albatross but my marines just dont get to the ship and finish the boarding process before the Parnid ship kills the Albatross... am i suppose to kill the Parnid Military Vessel to cap the Albatross? Any advice would be greatly apreciated (I have a save 12 KM from the engagement so i have tried it a lot and i am starting to question if it is possible with my current setup).

Also just thought i would throw out this one observation i had on this plot ... i orginnaly qualified for the Treasure hunt plot about 2 days of pilot playtime in on my game when I first got the message about the ship going missing and had no clue what it was about. it wasn't until 4 days of playtime on my pilot that i found out it was all part of the treasure hunt plot, so of course i cruised over to Brenans Triumph and started serchin around.... well about 8 hours of flying around every square inch of all thoose pirate sectors i just gave up .... so i spent the next 2 days of pilot time (now up to 6 days of pilot time) finishing exploring the universe waiting for my marines to train up (man they take awhile) and doing other various things, finally i decided i would go back and check out the pirate sectors and what do you know 2nd system I entered the mission appeared and i am fairly postive that it was a new station.... So what I am taking from this is that it is quite possible that for thoose of you having a problem with finding the start of this mission that you might have to wait... this was just my observation i have no clue if my hypothesis is acurate or not.

Thanks for any advice
Last edited by MattSD on Sat, 15. May 10, 09:00, edited 1 time in total.

enenra
x4

Post by enenra » Fri, 14. May 10, 10:58

MattSD wrote:Thanks a lot for the walkthrough helped a lot on this plot; but a quick question for anyone that might know. I am attempting to cap the Albatross on the last part of the mission (FYI this will be my first cap ever). I have 10 marines trained up but they seem to not be able to get inside and cap the ship before the Parnid miltary vessel destroys it; perhaps i am not capping correctly since this is my first cap but i have read some good walthroughs on the site such as http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=2921468. Is the Parnid Military a new part of the plot or something special in my game... or am i just not going about capping correctly....
If this helps I am going in with an angel (TP) and my nova raider (M3); keeping the shields down is simple since the Parnid military vessel is shooting at the Albatross but my marines just dont get to the ship and finish the boarding process before the Parnid ship kills the Albatross... am i suppose to kill the Parnid Military Vessel to cap the Albatross? Any advice would be greatly apreciated (I have a save 12 KM from the engagement so i have tried it a lot and i am starting to question if it is possible with my current setup).

Also just thought i would throw out this one observation i had on this plot ... i orginnaly qualified for the Treasure hunt plot about 2 days of pilot playtime in on my game when I first got the message about the ship going missing and had no clue what it was about. it wasn't until 4 days of playtime on my pilot that i found out it was all part of the treasure hunt plot, so of course i cruised over to Brenans Triumph and started serchin around.... well about 8 hours of flying around every square inch of all thoose pirate sectors i just gave up .... so i spent the next 2 days of pilot time (now up to 6 days of pilot time) finishing exploring the universe waiting for my marines to train up (man they take awhile) and doing other various things, finally i decided i would go back and check out the pirate sectors and what do you know 2nd system I entered the mission appeared and i am fairly postive that it was a new station.... So what I am taking from this is that it is quite possible that for thoose of you having a problem with finding the start of this mission that you might have to wait... this was just my observation i have no clue if my hypothesis is acurate or not.

Thanks for any advice
Try it without the space in the url-tags. ;)

Kelvhan Amaratharr
x3tc

Post by Kelvhan Amaratharr » Sun, 16. May 10, 17:36

I just completed this plot and wanted to thank the OP for this thread. Without it I would have given up early as I find the riddles very difficult.

I was lucky in Akeelas Beacon, the second beacon was the right one, so no further search was needed.

Concerning Xenon 101 I did not find the ship debris at the mentioned coordinates but in the north-western part near the jumpgate. To overcome the many Xenon I did the following: I parked my Panther in Nopileos Memorial, jumped into a Kestrel with 605 speed. Just jumped into Xenon 101 and then did an autopilot order which is called "survey debris" which is to be found under "scan asteroids". So my Kestrel jetted alond all the debris, the Xenon firing and eventuelly found the X-Shuttle. As I was not able to shoot it down with the Kestrels two lasers and all the Xenon around, I flew back to Nopileos Memorial after shooting two or three salvos at the X. Amazingly enough it followed my Kestrel to Nopileos Memorial where it was easily shot down by my Panther. So no fighting Xenon and a captured pilot! So maybe this helps anyone stuck at this stage of the plot.

It was a very intersting plot in my eyes!

Greetings,

Kelvhan

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”