[TC] Treasure Hunt Walkthrough

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

fairywhipper

Post by fairywhipper » Sun, 14. Mar 10, 17:50

improved races script by the looks.
let the xenon fight it out with the khaak (a Q will turn up sooner or later).

you dont need to cap any ship for mission, but 1 bailying pilot

CreepyD
x4

Post by CreepyD » Sun, 14. Mar 10, 19:16

Oh right.
Do I still need to shoot it's shields down? Will 2xIRE's be enough to do that, I'm sure it had 200MJ so I'm guessing not.
I'll just leave the mission and come back to it later, plenty of other things to do :D

It's funny, I've not seen it before but when I jumped out of the sector, a few khaak jumped with me! Twice lol! Even 605m/s wasn't enough to escape the carrier's beams of death.
Gotta love the IR script for making things a challenge.

MattSD

Post by MattSD » Fri, 14. May 10, 06:31

Thanks a lot for the walkthrough helped a lot on this plot; but a quick question for anyone that might know. I am attempting to cap the Albatross on the last part of the mission (FYI this will be my first cap ever). I have 10 marines trained up but they seem to not be able to get inside and cap the ship before the Parnid miltary vessel destroys it; perhaps i am not capping correctly since this is my first cap but i have read some good walthroughs on the site such as http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=2921468 . Is the Parnid Military a new part of the plot or something special in my game... or am i just not going about capping correctly....
If this helps I am going in with an angel (TP) and my nova raider (M3); keeping the shields down is simple since the Parnid military vessel is shooting at the Albatross but my marines just dont get to the ship and finish the boarding process before the Parnid ship kills the Albatross... am i suppose to kill the Parnid Military Vessel to cap the Albatross? Any advice would be greatly apreciated (I have a save 12 KM from the engagement so i have tried it a lot and i am starting to question if it is possible with my current setup).

Also just thought i would throw out this one observation i had on this plot ... i orginnaly qualified for the Treasure hunt plot about 2 days of pilot playtime in on my game when I first got the message about the ship going missing and had no clue what it was about. it wasn't until 4 days of playtime on my pilot that i found out it was all part of the treasure hunt plot, so of course i cruised over to Brenans Triumph and started serchin around.... well about 8 hours of flying around every square inch of all thoose pirate sectors i just gave up .... so i spent the next 2 days of pilot time (now up to 6 days of pilot time) finishing exploring the universe waiting for my marines to train up (man they take awhile) and doing other various things, finally i decided i would go back and check out the pirate sectors and what do you know 2nd system I entered the mission appeared and i am fairly postive that it was a new station.... So what I am taking from this is that it is quite possible that for thoose of you having a problem with finding the start of this mission that you might have to wait... this was just my observation i have no clue if my hypothesis is acurate or not.

Thanks for any advice
Last edited by MattSD on Sat, 15. May 10, 09:00, edited 1 time in total.

enenra
x4

Post by enenra » Fri, 14. May 10, 10:58

MattSD wrote:Thanks a lot for the walkthrough helped a lot on this plot; but a quick question for anyone that might know. I am attempting to cap the Albatross on the last part of the mission (FYI this will be my first cap ever). I have 10 marines trained up but they seem to not be able to get inside and cap the ship before the Parnid miltary vessel destroys it; perhaps i am not capping correctly since this is my first cap but i have read some good walthroughs on the site such as http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=2921468. Is the Parnid Military a new part of the plot or something special in my game... or am i just not going about capping correctly....
If this helps I am going in with an angel (TP) and my nova raider (M3); keeping the shields down is simple since the Parnid military vessel is shooting at the Albatross but my marines just dont get to the ship and finish the boarding process before the Parnid ship kills the Albatross... am i suppose to kill the Parnid Military Vessel to cap the Albatross? Any advice would be greatly apreciated (I have a save 12 KM from the engagement so i have tried it a lot and i am starting to question if it is possible with my current setup).

Also just thought i would throw out this one observation i had on this plot ... i orginnaly qualified for the Treasure hunt plot about 2 days of pilot playtime in on my game when I first got the message about the ship going missing and had no clue what it was about. it wasn't until 4 days of playtime on my pilot that i found out it was all part of the treasure hunt plot, so of course i cruised over to Brenans Triumph and started serchin around.... well about 8 hours of flying around every square inch of all thoose pirate sectors i just gave up .... so i spent the next 2 days of pilot time (now up to 6 days of pilot time) finishing exploring the universe waiting for my marines to train up (man they take awhile) and doing other various things, finally i decided i would go back and check out the pirate sectors and what do you know 2nd system I entered the mission appeared and i am fairly postive that it was a new station.... So what I am taking from this is that it is quite possible that for thoose of you having a problem with finding the start of this mission that you might have to wait... this was just my observation i have no clue if my hypothesis is acurate or not.

Thanks for any advice
Try it without the space in the url-tags. ;)

Kelvhan Amaratharr
x3tc

Post by Kelvhan Amaratharr » Sun, 16. May 10, 17:36

I just completed this plot and wanted to thank the OP for this thread. Without it I would have given up early as I find the riddles very difficult.

I was lucky in Akeelas Beacon, the second beacon was the right one, so no further search was needed.

Concerning Xenon 101 I did not find the ship debris at the mentioned coordinates but in the north-western part near the jumpgate. To overcome the many Xenon I did the following: I parked my Panther in Nopileos Memorial, jumped into a Kestrel with 605 speed. Just jumped into Xenon 101 and then did an autopilot order which is called "survey debris" which is to be found under "scan asteroids". So my Kestrel jetted alond all the debris, the Xenon firing and eventuelly found the X-Shuttle. As I was not able to shoot it down with the Kestrels two lasers and all the Xenon around, I flew back to Nopileos Memorial after shooting two or three salvos at the X. Amazingly enough it followed my Kestrel to Nopileos Memorial where it was easily shot down by my Panther. So no fighting Xenon and a captured pilot! So maybe this helps anyone stuck at this stage of the plot.

It was a very intersting plot in my eyes!

Greetings,

Kelvhan

justin macduro
x3tc

Post by justin macduro » Fri, 11. Jun 10, 06:52

I agrre that the ship debris doesn't spawn in the given coordinates or "fast in the south" as it says in the clue .
I'm looking for the debris aroun all the south area and have not found any debris , I saw debris in Northwest so I'lll try later ... but it seems that -10 .10 ,-70 doesn't works .

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 11. Jun 10, 13:33

That's because the actual location is random--it will generally be in the southern half of the sector, though. Did you make sure to check above and below the ecliptic?

justin macduro
x3tc

Post by justin macduro » Fri, 11. Jun 10, 19:19

I'm sure that i check all plaes around the southern part , anyway i'll try again and will check the rest of the sector too . I supose that I will find the debris eventually with no more problems .

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 11. Jun 10, 23:36

You should be aware that there are other ship debris piles in that sector. You're looking for one in the shape of an Argon Colossus. I've seen that debris near the gate, and it's apparently the remains of a Paranid ship. [Gives an Obi-Wan wave] "This is not the debris you're looking for." :goner: :D
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

justin macduro
x3tc

Post by justin macduro » Fri, 11. Jun 10, 23:52

Nanook wrote:You should be aware that there are other ship debris piles in that sector. You're looking for one in the shape of an Argon Colossus. I've seen that debris near the gate, and it's apparently the remains of a Paranid ship. [Gives an Obi-Wan wave] "This is not the debris you're looking for." :goner: :D
Thnx for the clue , I haven't foun 4 ship debris in the southwest part of the sector , but no one was the required ... now moving to southeast ...

justin macduro
x3tc

Post by justin macduro » Sat, 12. Jun 10, 00:04

Finally found it on the center of the sector , coordinates -8 km , -3 km , 3 km .
Not in the very south of the sector as sugested in the mission briefing.

Taniniver

Post by Taniniver » Tue, 6. Jul 10, 10:31

Thanks to the OP for the nice guide, very helpful! :thumb_up:

Also, a little hint for anyone who is playing like me and wanting to be on good terms with both the pirates and the Yaki.

It concerns the last step, so spoiler tags I guess!
Spoiler
Show
When you have to take on the Albatross but don't want to screw up your pirate rep killing all those guards, let the Yaki do it!

If you are on good terms with both the Yaki and Pirates, only the Albatross itself will be hostile to you, the other pirates guarding it will be blue, and the Yaki will also be blue of course. But Yaki are hostile to pirates :) The Albatross itself seems to be unarmed, at least it was in my game.

I just slowly followed the Albatross across Savage Spur, and around the middle of the sector it attracted the attention of Yaki ships flying around the sector. They took out all the guards, then attacked the Albatross itself, I flew within a couple of km to let the people transport out once it's shields were down. Got them all, and never fired a single weapon, no rep loss!

Preybird
x4

Post by Preybird » Sun, 25. Jul 10, 11:48

I've done the hunt in a few different games now, but this is the first game I have run in to this problem...
Crate 2 does not appear to be in the sector at the coords its supposed to be.

Could it have been taken by another ship?

lexraider
x3tc

Post by lexraider » Tue, 27. Jul 10, 23:41

Just finished the Treasure Hunt. Xenon 101 was a b***h. The mission brief says the ship wreck is in the far south, yet I 'found' it amongst the asteroids in the northern half. As with a few players, the message to scan the wreck seemed to come out of nowhere, followed almost immediately by the message to pick up whatisname. I feel a bit as though i didn't really complete it as I don't really know what I did, but I also feel the amount of time I spent on it vindicates this. Incidentally I managed it with a springblossom. Fast and well shielded enough to evade the xenon whilst stoogeing around looking for the wreck.
Thanks to all the wise ones for the tips

yugiboy
x4

Post by yugiboy » Wed, 28. Jul 10, 00:04

so if you board and cap it does it still dissapear? confused? thanks

Sardaukar2488
x4

TH clue 7

Post by Sardaukar2488 » Mon, 9. Aug 10, 08:14

I'm stumped on clue 7 atm and not sure what to try. Ive got vanilla 2.7.1 and when i go to the coords given in
Spoiler
Show
herrons nebula (0,-50,0)
there is no crate. Another poster ages ago mentioned the same thing and said that reloading from a previous save worked for him. Unfortunately it did not for me. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Mon, 9. Aug 10, 10:48

You sure its at -50km? :roll:

MFG

Ketraar

Note the minus sign

StarTroll
x4

Post by StarTroll » Mon, 9. Aug 10, 11:57

You should re-read the information given on the first page.
SCUM : They may exceed you in number, but not in value.

Sardaukar2488
x4

TH clue 7

Post by Sardaukar2488 » Mon, 9. Aug 10, 12:10

Haha thanks people. Wow i knew i was tired but i didnt think i was that tired.

Thank you very much :lol:

anthonynclark

how to find cordinates

Post by anthonynclark » Sat, 4. Sep 10, 19:38

followed your directions as to how to us move to position but it doesent work any ideas of what iam doing wrong

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”