[TC] Guide to the Corporations [Spoilers] {Ver. 1.7.2} (Updated May 31st, 2010)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Mon, 2. Aug 10, 05:50

Just a little sarcasm I suppose but yes the guide is still relevant. That's why it hasn't been locked for necromancy. :wink:

In regards to Taxi missions and breaking, that tends to be a X2 sagt Bussi auf Bauch thing. I, along with testers, had it break both ways but the majority were with TP required ones.

If you want more free ships and have to dock the "Quick Dock" method can work but save before docking (and before accepting the mission) because sometimes it takes quite a few tries to get it to work. As to why it doesn't always work remains unexplained due to too many variables.

Oh and I have another update to do but it's on hold ATM.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Wed, 20. Oct 10, 22:10

One other thing, if you steal ships from a given Corporation while under contract you will be fired. So if you intend to steal Corporate ships do so before starting work for them or after you're done with them (i.e. reached Rank 10).
I am at rank 1 of OTAS, and stealing their ship (Cap) does not get me fired. Killing them does, however. May be this is new in 3.0?

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Wed, 20. Oct 10, 22:21

VincentTH wrote:
One other thing, if you steal ships from a given Corporation while under contract you will be fired. So if you intend to steal Corporate ships do so before starting work for them or after you're done with them (i.e. reached Rank 10).
I am at rank 1 of OTAS, and stealing their ship (Cap) does not get me fired. Killing them does, however. May be this is new in 3.0?
While I don't recall 3.0 making any changes to the Corporations in any form, I will admit it could be possible.

If you wish and be so kind if you are willing to spare some of your time, could you see if this happens will any (or all) of the other Corporations and let me know what happens?

Of course verification will be needed, in this case screens of the PSD (Player Status Display) showing the Corporate ranks as well as screens of a stolen Corporation ship (before and after capture). And should result hold true the guide will receive the neccesary updated information and credit shall be given.

D.B.S.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Wed, 20. Oct 10, 22:37

In this game, I am only employed by OTAS and Strong Arms, so I will provide that. Where can I upload screen shots?

BTW, the sector where you commit the crime (:-)) may play into the outcome. I capped 4 OTAS Mistral SF at Paranid and Pirate sectors, and got no penalty in OTAS ranking at all.

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Wed, 20. Oct 10, 23:35

ImageShack or PhotoBucket are two that spring to mind when it comes to uploading screenshots (sure there are others).

Where you steal the ship from may come into play and you mentioned taking Mistrals which are a bail, see if stealing a ship that has to be boarded yields the same result (provided you have the means to do so).

Don't forget images have to be 640x480 in size to meet forum rules (you may have to do some cropping) or just thumbnail/link the image.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Thu, 21. Oct 10, 18:01

I don't think it would work if I have to board a corp ship.

The Mistral SFs I capped bailed while they are still blue. Come to think of it, because they have not turned hostile to me when they bailed, the Corp rank does not suffer.

MarvinTheMartian
x4

Post by MarvinTheMartian » Sat, 14. May 11, 09:08

Deadbeat_Spinn wrote:... That's why it hasn't been locked for necromancy. :wink:
Hopefully that means it's safe for me to post then ;)

Just an observation I've made regarding the target for assassination missions, it doesn't matter whether I'm in my HV or an M5 I still get an M8 as the target, is M8 the lowest class you get for a target? I'm only Fighter Chief atm and I'm accepting the mission with all other ships OOS, should I be doing the same when I get the location from the contact?

This is for Duke's Buccaneers so more assassinations than any other mission so far, I've got a pile of station build missions stacked up to repair rep. It's not all bad though, so far I've picked up 30 dropped Tomahawks from 2 missions, that's about 675k Cr worth :twisted:

Thanks for the guide

Marv
Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!
X3AP 3.1 Printable Universe Sector Map

nponoBegHuk
x4

Post by nponoBegHuk » Sun, 15. May 11, 01:49

Great guide, had a good read through it. Couple of things though, I don't like to kill pirates, if I abandon all the combat missions, are there reports of broken corp. / getting fired due to having too many abandoned missions? (Before you ask, I don't abandon taxi missions).

There seems to be a certain pattern in which missions you receive based on your latest mission. For example, if you save the game while doing a corp. taxi mission, the next mission will be either "protect station" or assasination, if you reload before completing the mission you will get randomly one of that two. If you reload after turning in, you'll get the same one (it seems that the "next mission" type and delay is decided upon turning in the current one, it's just the exact details are generated at the moment you get the message about "new job is available").
Fast sector selection on the Universe Map | Rock locations for Mobile/OOS mining | Botting for max speed Hyperion | Complete list of ship sources | Capturing smaller ships

My current ship collection:
11 out of 11 *retired* ships found
17 out of 17 *unique* ships found
9 out of 9 *limited* ships found
16 out of 16 *rare* ships found

MarvinTheMartian
x4

Post by MarvinTheMartian » Sun, 15. May 11, 05:50

nponoBegHuk wrote:I don't like to kill pirates, if I abandon all the combat missions, are there reports of broken corp. / getting fired due to having too many abandoned missions?
I don't either, only because they're hard to build rep with and there's no real gauge for your rep at any given time. I would also err on the side of caution and avoid failing/aborting too many missions though.

However, having just this minute finished a defend station mission against pirates for Duke's Buccaneers without firing a shot it's not always necessary to kill pirates. I simply stayed OOS and let the local defence force take care of things, it was in Cardinal's Domain so I was pretty confident they could handle things (2 x Zeus/2 x Odysseus and the rest - I would hope so!).

Perhaps that's not really "playing" the game but I don't see why a pirate would be attacking another pirate, Khaak would have been better, I would have no qualms about jumping in there and squashing those insects.
Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!
X3AP 3.1 Printable Universe Sector Map

nponoBegHuk
x4

Post by nponoBegHuk » Fri, 20. May 11, 19:19

I found the way to getting your rep to rank 10 with any corp without doing any combat mission. The concept lies in the fact the type of the "next mission you will get" (and the exact time) is decided upon completion of your current mission. What you can do is save just before turning in your current mission, and then turn SETA on and wait for the offer. If it's a combat mission - reload to the point prior to handing in the previous mission and repeat. If you're rank 7 and higher - you can drop the combat mission without losing much rep (most of the time 0, sometimes 1%) , if you don't feel like going back in time. I don't recommend dropping mission below rank 8 - the rep hit is noticeable and it's not worth your time doing another mission on gaining the lost rep back.

I followed a couple of guidelines which allow you to work with many corporations at once, without fighting and too much reloading. If someone wants to know the details, I can post them later.
Fast sector selection on the Universe Map | Rock locations for Mobile/OOS mining | Botting for max speed Hyperion | Complete list of ship sources | Capturing smaller ships

jorit
x3tc

Post by jorit » Sat, 21. May 11, 20:09

Hellow again,

Euhm, I have latest Patch.

The reputation Increase changed.
first it was: Rank 0: 10% increase

Did already 4 missions or so, and still got 5%.

Hf

nponoBegHuk
x4

Post by nponoBegHuk » Sat, 21. May 11, 22:44

In both 1.3 and 2.6 the rank 0 increase is 5%.

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Sat, 21. May 11, 22:56

MarvinTheMartian wrote:Just an observation I've made regarding the target for assassination missions, it doesn't matter whether I'm in my HV or an M5 I still get an M8 as the target, is M8 the lowest class you get for a target? I'm only Fighter Chief atm and I'm accepting the mission with all other ships OOS, should I be doing the same when I get the location from the contact?
The smallest ship I had at Fighter Chief (and lower) for assassinations were M6's no matter what ship I was in. But IIRC one of the patches brought M8's back, don't recall though if it was before or after the 2.5 patch. The guide was started at 1.0 and ended at 2.5 which was the latest patch at the time when I completed the guide, though 2.6 changes were added when that patch was released.

As for Duke's, they do love their Assassinations, I recall having them spit out six in a row. Twice. Needless to say I spent alot of time repairing my Paranid rep.

nponoBegHuk wrote:Great guide, had a good read through it. Couple of things though, I don't like to kill pirates, if I abandon all the combat missions, are there reports of broken corp. / getting fired due to having too many abandoned missions? (Before you ask, I don't abandon taxi missions).
I'd say no. There were rumors/speculation that failing too many missions would get the player fired but no proof/confirmation ever arose, to my knowledge.

jorit wrote:Hellow again,

Euhm, I have latest Patch.

The reputation Increase changed.
first it was: Rank 0: 10% increase

Did already 4 missions or so, and still got 5%.

Hf
There have been several mentions that the rank increase changed when using the 3.x versions. Why the rank percentage increase went from 5% (1.0) to 10% (1.3-2.7?) then back to 5% (3.0-3.1) seems rather odd. There also seem to have been at least one other alteration regarding Rank 0.
nponoBegHuk wrote:In both 1.3 and 2.6 the rank 0 increase is 5%.
I have to dispute this, much of my time in Corporate was 1.3 and I was getting a 10% increase at Rank 0 but only if I had not started working for a given Corporation. Any Corporation that I had started working for prior to 1.3 still gave a 5% increase at Rank 0.
Last edited by Deadbeat_Spinn on Sat, 21. May 11, 23:18, edited 1 time in total.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Sat, 21. May 11, 23:14

If you're doing updates then the OBS bit in section IV could use some changes (player ship/fleet is irrelevant now).

nponoBegHuk
x4

Post by nponoBegHuk » Sun, 22. May 11, 02:56

I started my current game in the client patched to 1.2.1, made a contract with OTAS, Plutarch and TerraCorp during 1.3. All of them had 5% increase in rep during rank 0. Nevertheless, the rank started at 50% (first mission put me into 55%, the next 60% and so on), and the tenth mission pushed me into rank 1.

I patched to 2.6 and while waiting for a bunch of marines to train, got a Jonferco contract meanwhile. I did a bunch of missions, currently 95% into apprentice. And I did certainly over 5 missions. Didn't count them all but there were atleast 3 missile turn ins, 3 taxis and 1 "follow to their base" mission apart from their initial taxi mission.

When I'll hit rank 7 with Jonferco I'll go for PTNI and will watch the rep increase closely (just for curiosity sake, I know 99% people don't play in early patches).

jorit
x3tc

Post by jorit » Sun, 22. May 11, 08:14

Deadbeat_Spinn wrote:
There have been several mentions that the rank increase changed when using the 3.x versions. Why the rank percentage increase went from 5% (1.0) to 10% (1.3-2.7?) then back to 5% (3.0-3.1) seems rather odd. There also seem to have been at least one other alteration regarding Rank 0.

I have to dispute this, much of my time in Corporate was 1.3 and I was getting a 10% increase at Rank 0 but only if I had not started working for a given Corporation. Any Corporation that I had started working for prior to 1.3 still gave a 5% increase at Rank 0.
Well, It's true man.
U don't need to believe me, but ur guide is getting a bit out of updates xD

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Sun, 22. May 11, 08:41

If people want to provide screenie confirmations regarding Rank 0 then I'll consider doing another update....until then no dice. I am not about to spend even more game days doing 2.7/3.0/3.1 version checking personally on Rank 0 percentage increases when I already spent 17 game days (three months in real life) to make this monstrosity.

And TBH updating for something as small as percent increases for Rank 0 is minor/trivial at best and is not something major (i.e. changing of ship rewards). Especially since increases in earlier versions is being disputed.

The OBS on the other hand is a different matter and may warrent an update but Carlo has kept the OBS thread up to date and nothing has changed since 2.7.

The only thing regarding the OBS that would need changing in the guide would be,
  • Your current ship
  • The ships you own IS when accepting the mission
and
  • The class of your current ship when accepting the mission
  • All ships that you own within 15km of the player ship
to
  • Your current ship
  • The ships you own IS when accepting the mission
  • As of 2.7 and upward, these two factors have become no longer relevant
and
  • The class of your current ship when accepting the mission
  • All ships that you own within 15km of the player ship
  • As of 2.7 and upward, these two factors have become no longer relevant
Which I can do if need be.
Last edited by Deadbeat_Spinn on Sun, 22. May 11, 09:00, edited 1 time in total.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Sun, 22. May 11, 08:54

This is also incorrect (or pointless) for 2.7 and up:
2. At higher combat ranks accept the mission in an M5 and make sure that there are no other ships that you own within 15km (get them OOS to be sure).

jorit
x3tc

Post by jorit » Sun, 22. May 11, 09:07

If people want to provide screenie confirmations regarding Rank 0 then I'll consider doing another update....until then no dice. I am not about to spend even more game days doing 2.7/3.0/3.1 version checking personally on Rank 0 percentage increases when I already spent 17 game days (three months in real life) to make this monstrosity.
Im already at Rank 1 OTAS.

After this getting to rank 10, will take long enough, ill start another coorp plot.

Ill Take 2 Screenies, 1 before ending, and 1 after ending the mission.

Ill post them here.[/b]

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Sun, 22. May 11, 09:13

Carlo the Curious wrote:This is also incorrect (or pointless) for 2.7 and up:
2. At higher combat ranks accept the mission in an M5 and make sure that there are no other ships that you own within 15km (get them OOS to be sure).
That too. :wink:

Ok....I'll do an update, the OBS gets first priority, Rank 0 second if screenie confirms are provided.

If there are no screenie confirms regarding Rank 0 by the time I do the final update then they will not be added. Period. End of discussion.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”