Kha'ak and Xenon

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

dandog2142
x3tc

Kha'ak and Xenon

Post by dandog2142 » Fri, 19. Feb 10, 21:49

Hey there guys, I'm wondering, are there actually any in-game shots of what the Kha'ak or Xenon look like? (although I would imagine that Xenon are just microchips or something, you wouldn't know until you looked though :P)
[ external image ]
"Are you one of those loooosers who watches anime in English?"
"Why yes, yes I am :|"

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Fri, 19. Feb 10, 22:18

There is an image of a Kha'ak (or rather it's(?) face) but I've never seen one for a Xenon.

A Kha'ak,
[ external image ]
This is also an unlockable gamestart in X3:R, just don't ask me what the pre reqs are.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 19. Feb 10, 22:44

Xenon: :xenon:

Kha'ak: :khaak:

There you are. :lol:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

dandog2142
x3tc

Post by dandog2142 » Fri, 19. Feb 10, 22:54

lol, thanks... I think.
[ external image ]
"Are you one of those loooosers who watches anime in English?"
"Why yes, yes I am :|"

Markhor

Post by Markhor » Fri, 19. Feb 10, 22:54

Heh, the one photo that comes to mind for Xenon is from another game, the icon photo for the Yor Collective in GalCiv 2...which is my second favorite pre-built race =p

as for Kha'ak, there's almost no feature to it. All I see is a green and black blob..? thought Kha'ak were insectoid, not amorphous :roll:

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 19. Feb 10, 22:59

And technically, the Xenon have no real form, being just an embedded AI software construct. So this is probably as good a representation as any other. :mrgreen:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

Eisenkalle
x3tc

Post by Eisenkalle » Fri, 19. Feb 10, 23:05

Nanook wrote:Xenon: :xenon:

Kha'ak: :khaak:

There you are. :lol:

ROFL

Terminator and cockroach (from MiB ^^)
I am a Mistral Tycoon!

Poisoned Paranid Start (X3TC): Take a joyride in a Hyperion Vanguard (250.3m/s)! VANILLA Updated 2012-04-02 (new mediafire link)

RandomBandit
x3tc

Post by RandomBandit » Fri, 19. Feb 10, 23:16

Nanook wrote:And technically, the Xenon have no real form, being just an embedded AI software construct. So this is probably as good a representation as any other. :mrgreen:
LoL, that is just an IC socket...that is a female Xenon :o
<X3tc 2.0> patched up to 3.1 (No BonusPack)
<X3ap>
I do not use scripts/mods.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 19. Feb 10, 23:19

Fine. You want the male too? Here it is. :P :lol:

Reimu Hakurei
x3tc

Post by Reimu Hakurei » Fri, 19. Feb 10, 23:25

Say, I thought that Kha'ak start (and thus the image) was fan-made. I guess we know now where the Xenon G has been last.
Markhor wrote:as for Kha'ak, there's almost no feature to it. All I see is a green and black blob..? thought Kha'ak were insectoid, not amorphous :roll:
If you look at the bottom of this map, there's a cool pic for a Kha'ak person; although it's obviously some other race from another franchise, I like it.

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Fri, 19. Feb 10, 23:28

Somehow I doubt an AI cares what it's gender is.......it's not like it's going to get any anyways. :P

If you look at the bottom of this map, there's a cool pic for a Kha'ak person; although it's obviously some other race from another franchise, I like it.
Nyax's galaxy map for TC, that map was a nice piece of work (though it's not finished). Funny how the Xenon is just an electronic eye.

RandomBandit
x3tc

Post by RandomBandit » Sat, 20. Feb 10, 00:38

Reimu Hakurei wrote:Say, I thought that Kha'ak start (and thus the image) was fan-made. I guess we know now where the Xenon G has been last.
Markhor wrote:as for Kha'ak, there's almost no feature to it. All I see is a green and black blob..? thought Kha'ak were insectoid, not amorphous :roll:
Wow, that is really pretty. :o
<X3tc 2.0> patched up to 3.1 (No BonusPack)
<X3ap>
I do not use scripts/mods.

Markhor

Post by Markhor » Sat, 20. Feb 10, 00:58

ok the Kha'ak now remind me more of the Master Of Orion 3 race...the Tachidi? Yeah, except Kha'ak are black.

awesome map btw. Desktop background-worthy =)

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Sat, 20. Feb 10, 01:38

Reimu Hakurei wrote:there's a cool pic for a Kha'ak person; although it's obviously some other race from another franchise, I like it.
It's a Shadow from Babylon 5.

edit: I beleive this is the picture he used - http://praxeology.net/SHADOW1.JPG
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

Tenlar Scarflame
xr

Post by Tenlar Scarflame » Sat, 20. Feb 10, 05:57

As far as I could tell, the Xenon are formless. I like to think the Kha'ak are similar, though perhaps more arcane and terrifying. A race like Clarke's Firstborn, having transcended "life" and become some kind of metamaterial themselves, embedded in pyramid lattices that are assembled into starships... :D

Or perhaps they're just mean bug critters. Not as fun. :roll:
My music - Von Neumann's Children - Lasers and Tactics

I'm on Twitch! 21:15 EST Sundays. Come watch me die a lot.

Tomislavveg

Post by Tomislavveg » Sat, 20. Feb 10, 12:01

Nanook wrote:And technically, the Xenon have no real form, being just an embedded AI software construct. So this is probably as good a representation as any other. :mrgreen:

...So, what really happens when you fight the Xenon and receive the following message:
"Unknown object has left it's ship, and is now belong to you"? :?
:xt:

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Sat, 20. Feb 10, 13:08

Xenon are just software. More likely a software package on a quantum cpu. And they're networked to each other.
What would one of my profesors from the AI division say: "To seee naaamaa neeebi sviiidjeeelooo" (Thaaat wouuld beee baaad fooor uuus) ... guy stals words. It takes him five seconds to say OK.

Speaking of AI do you guys know that certain software was responsible for some mathematical proofs? It actullay found a way to prove something that humans couldn't think of. And this happened more than once. In some casese the human authors of the book listed the software as the author.

The Kha'ak are, from what I understad, partialy based on Shadows from the Babylon 5 universe. A powerful insectoid race that just appeared from nowhere and starts blowing everything they don't like to hell.
And that corvette really looks like shadow battle crab. So yeah... they're ugly, bugish and don't like you. And much like Ahmed the dead terrorist they kill you!

RyuKazuha
x3tc

Post by RyuKazuha » Sat, 20. Feb 10, 13:11

vukica wrote:And much like Ahmed the dead terrorist they kill you!
But unlike him they can't tell jokes, wich is somewhat of a downgrade.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”