MK3 lost in Terran sectors

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Cancuino
x3

MK3 lost in Terran sectors

Post by Cancuino » Sat, 7. Jun 14, 01:40

Hi, I'm quite new at X3AP, I have several MK3 working for me, everything went ok until they got some Terran sectors and were killed.
I read about the blacklist script, but I play on a Mac and I don't know how to install the script.
Is there anyway to avoid my MK3 being kiled by entering those sectors?.

Thank you.

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Ut?

Post by Bill Huntington » Sat, 7. Jun 14, 04:02

Welcome to the Forum. I'm in TC, but nobody's responded yet. I'm in TC, which is usually pretty close to AP.

Many of us do not let the trader become a UT. They find a way to get killed. Sometimes they'll jump into a bad situation just to get the cheapest E. And it's cheap because it's dangerous. Or they run out of E and cross a pirate or Xenon sector without jumping. They can't be trusted. So we make them STs and limit their radius to the safe area we want covered. They still progress to Level 20, safely. This also lets us cover the TC universe with traders, so everything we want has some coverage.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

Cancuino
x3

Post by Cancuino » Sat, 7. Jun 14, 08:15

Thabk you fit your answer. How do I set the radius?.

Best regards.

Bill Huntington
x3tc

St/ut

Post by Bill Huntington » Sat, 7. Jun 14, 09:13

When you choose the trader, it will ask what sector, then it will give you a number choice, which is how many sectors away to include in its trading area. For a level 10 trader, the max is 3 or 4 sectors radius.

I've heard there is a way to blacklist sectors even with Mk 3, but this is good enough. Stations disappear from the game if they don't get enough business. I don't see any disappear once an ST starts operating in the area.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

Cancuino
x3

Post by Cancuino » Sat, 7. Jun 14, 09:26

Thanks a lot.

OniGanon

Post by OniGanon » Sat, 7. Jun 14, 16:19

That is essentially the solution I use as well; an overlapping network of Sector Traders covering the all Commonwealth space, with their Radii carefully controlled so they don't go into any Xenon, Pirate or War sectors, and supported by a few CLS2 traders moving more specific wares.

mouser9169
x3tc

Post by mouser9169 » Sun, 8. Jun 14, 03:04

This is also the 'officially recommended' way to maximize profitsss.

It keeps your traders trading, not spending jump fuel trying to cross the X-verse only to get beaten out by some other trader (possibly even one of your own) and come up empty.
All that is gold does not glitter;
Not all those who wander are lost.

While you've been reading this post, I've been making profitsss.

Monkeyfister
x3ap

Post by Monkeyfister » Mon, 16. Jun 14, 21:00

Using the Bonus Pack, MK3 Traders have a Sector and Station Blacklist in the Command Console. You can tell the ST/UTs to avoid any sectors you want them to avoid, and they will not go into them.

In AP, I won't even let my ST/UTs go to the neighboring sectors to the war areas at all, lest they get tempted to wander.

I don't care for Terran Space, and UTs are mostly useless there, so just blacklist the sectors once, and you can apply the blacklist to all of your Traders forever after that with one click.

I am DREADING the need to even improve my Terran standing to do the Shady Business/Corporation Troubles/Breaking Ground plots.

I just hate Terran space with a passion unrivaled. Everything about it save for the station and ship designs is simply horrible.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”