How to clear the selected target ??

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Bill Huntington
x3tc

How to clear the selected target ??

Post by Bill Huntington » Mon, 23. Nov 15, 03:04

I've been playing for a while and I can't figure this one out:

Something is selected as the target. It's a combat situation, so I need it fast. I need the current target cleared, not just another item selected. That space needs to be blank. How?

Then I can possibly pick up the target I want visually, without going through the menu. And other reasons too.

Thanks.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Mon, 23. Nov 15, 04:21

Hit T to search for a target, then hit T to cancel the search.

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Thanks!

Post by Bill Huntington » Mon, 23. Nov 15, 05:33

Thank you!
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Tue, 24. Nov 15, 13:18

This might help you, too: In my default-X3-profile I have assigned the functions "nearest target" and "next target" to the two thumb-buttons of my mouse.
In combat situations it is easy to select the nearest enemy with button 1 (nearest); in some situations - like a swarm of Kha'ak - button 2 (next) is better.

Gandalf The White
x3

Re: How to clear the selected target ??

Post by Gandalf The White » Mon, 11. Mar 19, 21:29

i know this is probably an old ish topic but the t key searching for a target is that specifically searching for an enemy target? if so is it searching for the nearest target to you?
some who deserve life receive death. Others who deserve death receive life. Can you give it to them? Don't be eager to deal out death in judgement, for not even the wise can see all ends.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: How to clear the selected target ??

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 11. Mar 19, 21:40

X3 default 't' targets the next thing (whatever) you pass your aim over (it's a toggle). Shift-T is the default target nearest enemy key. You can check all of this in your controls configuration in case you have moved away from the defaults. This thread is getting on for 4 years dead and doesn't even state which X game so <click>.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”