[X3:TC] CAG intermittently idle for long periods

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Last_Jedi_Standing

[X3:TC] CAG intermittently idle for long periods

Post by Last_Jedi_Standing » Sun, 7. Feb 16, 05:09

Hello! I've been having problems with my Commercial Agents. I've got 15 of them operating out of four complexes, and have had the same issues with all. Basically, they'll work perfectly for a while, but at some point I'll check and find them sitting with the status 'idle' in some far-distant sector. When this happens, they seem to remain idle until manually ordered to return to their home station, but behavior has been inconsistent--once in a while one will wake back up when ordered just to move somewhere else, or upon having the CAG reset. I am aware that they tend to idle when there are enemies IS, and I do not believe that is the problem here; this behavior does not coincide with them issuing reports of enemy contacts, and I've never found enemies when flying IS to check on them. In some cases I've found that they did not have enough jumpdrive fuel to get back to base, but often they still do, and when they don't transferring fuel to them is not enough to wake them up again. It also does not seem to coincide with problems in their home complexes; the factories have plenty of products to sell. I would greatly appreciate an explanation for this behavior, as it is disrupting my factory operations.
Thanks,
-Jedi

fireanddream
xr

Post by fireanddream » Sun, 7. Feb 16, 05:37

Enable the log the find something like log01000.txt in your save folder, it will tell you exactly what the pilot was trying to do.

Black_hole_suN

Post by Black_hole_suN » Sun, 7. Feb 16, 06:21

Check the ship's friend/foe settings.. It may have set a friendly race to foe and will refuse to leave the station it is in when ships from the "foe" race is in the sector

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Sun, 7. Feb 16, 07:48

There's a hostile somewhere. Probably a Kha'ak cluster way out in the weeds. CAG pilots avoid hostiles by going idle. If you check your message log they may have sent a message about the hostile they are avoiding telling you what sector to look in.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Lea Flamma
x3tc

Post by Lea Flamma » Sun, 7. Feb 16, 11:06

As it was said, there might have been an enemy spotted somewhere in the sector with the complex. That will make the CAG go idle. They will also go idle if the resources to not need attending to. I would suggest checking the settings for each, especially the percentage resource fill ones. Other than that... I do not think lack of cash would make them go idle, but roll empty courses. That's from the top of my head of what I think might be possible.
Wherever we want to go, we'll go. That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom.

Kom-Pav
x4

Re: [X3:TC] CAG intermittently idle for long periods

Post by Kom-Pav » Sun, 1. Mar 20, 15:10

I too had this very same issue, which admittedly led to some frustration. After checking my message logs, turns out my CAGs weren't getting paid their salaries; the factory my CAGs were attatched to wasn't making much of a profit, and as the salaries of the CAGs were coming out of the factory's budget, they weren't being paid a dime at some points.

After switching their salaries from station to global, I found the idle issues ceased almost immediately.

Hope this helps anyone!
"...lots of armchair thinking and talking but no actual walking." - The Frog

Timsup2nothin

Re: [X3:TC] CAG intermittently idle for long periods

Post by Timsup2nothin » Sun, 1. Mar 20, 18:35

The only thing I can think to add is that idle doesn't necessarily mean a hostile in the sector the CAG is in, it can mean a hostile in the destination sector. If you have a whole bunch scattered about all go idle at once there was a hostile flying through the sector where your complex is. Even if it got destroyed by security, or just flew in one gate and out another, a slow moving hostile that spends time in the sector can bring an entire operation to a stop.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”