Looking for X-Tension modding tools...

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

NTi-KiNETiCA
xr

Looking for X-Tension modding tools...

Post by NTi-KiNETiCA » Sun, 19. Feb 17, 07:45

Long time ago there was a modding tool that enabled to change ship stats, I believe it was created by Stone-D.
I'm looking for a copy of this program, or anything else that performs similar function.
It used to be available at the-commander.com, site seems to be down :(

Why I'm looking for this? nostalgia simply!
I would like to redo a mod that I've been using while playing X-Tension its purpose was to rebalance pirate ships, transporters had their speed given back to their race specific values, shields stayed the same at 1x 25mw cause now they've got guns so they need some drawbacks :P Mandalay got 4x1MW shields and Alpha PAC, Bayamon is great the way it is, Orinocco got extra 5MW shield, then Xenon ships got a bump, N got Alpha PAC, M got Alpha HEPT and L got beta HEPT... I'm looking forward to recreate this...
Thank you all for looking!

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Sun, 19. Feb 17, 11:44

I think that most modders probably follow this main forum anyway, but just in case some don't, you may want to try posting your request on the S&M (Scripts and Modding, not... something else) forum, just to cover all your bases (which are not belong to us :P )

Best of luck, good hunting! :)
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Sun, 19. Feb 17, 11:56

RAVEN.myst wrote:the S&M (Scripts and Modding, not... something else)
...and that's on a forum dedicated to 'X' games. Thank you sir, you've just made my imminent visit to the dentist so much more bearable. :lol:

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Sun, 19. Feb 17, 12:00

radcapricorn wrote:
RAVEN.myst wrote:the S&M (Scripts and Modding, not... something else)
...and that's on a forum dedicated to 'X' games.
Bwahahah - I had missed that, myself - thank YOU! And my dental condolences... Good luck.
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Sun, 19. Feb 17, 14:47

Whips and candles ready.
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

Kwon

Re: Looking for X-Tension modding tools...

Post by Kwon » Sat, 4. Mar 17, 20:51

NTi-KiNETiCA wrote:Long time ago there was a modding tool that enabled to change ship stats, I believe it was created by Stone-D.
I'm looking for a copy of this program, or anything else that performs similar function.
Look here:
**link removed**

NTi-KiNETiCA
xr

Post by NTi-KiNETiCA » Fri, 24. Mar 17, 22:06

Kwon wrote:
NTi-KiNETiCA wrote:Long time ago there was a modding tool that enabled to change ship stats, I believe it was created by Stone-D.
Look here:
**link removed**
This is exactly what I've been looking for! Thank You very much!

UnknownObject
x4

Post by UnknownObject » Tue, 2. May 17, 08:33

There is also a Map Editor **LINK REMOVED**. If anyone needs source codes of the Editor (maybe, for English localization), tell.

Kwon has also made mods for X-T and X-BTF, you can try them.

Links to a site we don't allow on our forums removed. Xenon_Slayer

Kwon

Post by Kwon » Sat, 19. May 18, 02:44

Last versions:

Editor for X-Tension v.2.1:
[LINK REMOVED}

Editor for X-BTF v.2.2:
[LINK REMOVED}

Editors for X-Tension v.2.2:
[LINK REMOVED}

On Russian, but all is intuitional clear.

Moving the files does not change anything. CBJ

Hunter1985
x4

Post by Hunter1985 » Sat, 14. Sep 19, 01:39

Darn it looks like those linked are removed. And da/yes I've used the ones from here:-

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=401316

But it would be useful if the Editors for both X-BTF and X-T didnt had those "?????" Captions or Boxes - as I'm guessing my PC doesn't support Cyrillic texts. And it appears that X-T Rank editor fails on my side for X-T v2.2. Also that Perseus mission is so damn hard to make that Perseus enemy bail that ship when I have to fly in the X-Shuttle and have 25 Split Mamba M3s attacking that Perseus to lower it shields.

I do find that X-BTF editor useful as those HEPT guns have their default Fire Rate set too high that it causes too many recoil. But to be honest I find those recoils as well as the Afterburner/Boost Extension annoying, especially for flying TLs as they can crash when emerging from Jump Gates.

Shame both the X-BTF and X-T editors aren't operational...

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”