Self sustaining complex

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

pasmon

Self sustaining complex

Post by pasmon » Sat, 26. Aug 17, 11:08

Well i just built my first closed cycle complex with a Boron M (SPP, Crystal Fab Bofu, Bio and Silicon Mine with 2:52 minutes production cycle asteriod) in Ceo Doubt. I am kick starting it with energy cells.
How much free energy cells will be available from this cycle in the end?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 26. Aug 17, 12:52

Which game, X3R?

There are various 3rd party complex calculators available for the various X games that will give you the type of stats that you are after. Google advanced search pointed at Egosoft.com and mentioning 'Reunion; and 'complex calulator' should help you to find them. Example.

Personally, I use Xadrian but that is for X3TC/AP.

Moving to X Trilogy Universe (gameplay) forum from X3R/X2/etc Tech Sp.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Sat, 26. Aug 17, 14:34

Incidentally, and for future reference, you may find kick-starting with a load of crystals to be more effective/efficient, though at the end of the day it doesn't really make a difference (merely that a modest load of crystals yields you piles and piles of ECs to get the complex running.)

Good fortune! :)
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 26. Aug 17, 21:55

Silicon Mine with 2:52 cycle time? What is the multiplier? The higher the yield the shorter the cycle, but cycle can never be less than one minute. Hence a multiplier is applied to both cycle time and amounts per cycle.

In this case the multiplier is still 1. According to seizewell.de Ceo's Doubt has two Silicon Asteroids in X3R, with yields 13 and 6.
The cycle time with yield 13 is int( 2400s / (13+1) ) + 1s = 172s = 2:52 (>60s)
The cycle time with yield 6 is int( 2400s / (6+1) ) + 1s = 343s = 5:43 (>60s)
The multiplier increases, when the Silicon yield is 40 or more.

Mine M? I just lost several Teladi friends to trauma. When you build a Mine on Asteroid, the Asteroid is permanently gone. You can build either Mine M or Mine L, and can never change afterwards. The L produces 2.5 times more per cycle than the M. The M is thus permanently wasting production potential of an Asteroid.

Intermediate product has producer and consumer. There are essentially two possibilities:

1. Producer is faster than the consumer. The stock will fill up. Once the stock is full, the producer must slow down to the actual speed of consumption. Producer's own resource consumption will slow accordingly. The Complex will have good stock of the intermediate ware and could sell some out or donate to players personal use.

2. Consumer is faster than the producer. The stock will stay empty. The consumer has to wait, i.e. slow down to the rate of production. The consumer will flash yellow due to repeating temporary shortages. The consumption of other resources by the consumer will slow down too. The Complex could buy additional resources from outside, but then it isn't "completely self-sufficient".

3. Production and consumption match exactly. Theoretically possible, but in practice it is safer to assume that either or both of the previous two possibilities do manifest themselves.

IIRC, the SPP production is 9.2 and needs Crystals worth 4. You have Xtal Fab, Mine, Bio and Food, i.e. four Energy consumers. 4. 9-4 leaves 5. Energy for 5 stations.

You have Scale M stations. S=1, M=2, L=5, XL=10. Tech fabs have no letter and are thus Scale S. 5 M = 10 S = 2 L.

Someone might be happy with Dream Farm L + Bliss L.

I might build a Ore L on yield 35 Asteroid (which probably is there), and tow it to the Complex. Or then not. Calculate your options.

I like term "pipeline". A line of factories that convert ECells into some end product. The loop has essentially a SPP and a Crystal pipeline. It can easily run a second high-end product pipeline.

If you do have a pipeline with Bio, Food, Mine, and one weapon Forge and sell only the weapons, then the Bio/Food/Mine eventually slow down to "S scale" production. Hence it is not so bad to have Mine L there. If you have two weapon Forges, then the whole pipeline could run at "M scale".

The Minerals: Ore and Silicon are usually the limiting point in a design. In fact they are the only limit. All other factories you can build as many as you wish, but every Mine requires an Asteroid.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Sun, 27. Aug 17, 07:06

jlehtone wrote:The Minerals: Ore and Silicon are usually the limiting point in a design. In fact they are the only limit. All other factories you can build as many as you wish, but every Mine requires an Asteroid.
There's a way around that: a CLS2-based system of mining freighters can provide an infinitely scalable supply of the required minerals (in X3TC, at least - in X3AP this functionality is somewhat reduced, but still viable to an extent, though it will eventually lead to sector depletion, and scattering of the mining fleet along the way to that point.) Using this method, it is possible to create the loop-plex without even using any mines, although one mine makes it a bit more convenient and easier to work with; however, asteroid yield becomes a less pressing issue.
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”