X3TC - Jumpstarting the Terran Economy

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Solomon Short
x4

Post by Solomon Short » Thu, 20. Sep 18, 10:58

An alternate fix is to leave the CAG/CLS pilot set to not jump, but set the default jump commands.

It does somewhat complicate initial setup, promotions (I believe they check the pilot settings again), & refueling (you need to handle that separately, probably easiest to have a fleet of Cargo Messengers who don't train/promote flying a fleet of TPs or TP+ [in AP] as they can combine decent cargo holds with enough of a speed advantage to make the runs).

ConorC
x4

Post by ConorC » Thu, 20. Sep 18, 11:14

I'm in Terran Conflict guys, so no jump beacons for me :)

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Thu, 20. Sep 18, 23:50

Timsup2nothin wrote:
hisazul wrote:I'm trying to remember but when it comes to TC do terran sectors get the same random jump beacon placements as in AP? As in at the start of the game at random jump beacons are scattered around? For me in AP there are only about 2ish sectors that are more then 1 system away from something you can jump to.
If that is the case and you don't care about modified flag I would advise fixing bonus packs CLS scripts to include jump beacons, it speeds things up by.... A LOT. The fix is like... 4 words in total in 2 files, all the logic is already there just for what ever reason pathfinding doesn't include beacons even if it does all the calculations for them.
Anyone willing to specify which four words and which two files?
Well, you don't really need detailed explanation but in case someone else does I'll do the full one.
Two files that need changing are : "lib.le.move.gate.pck" and "lib.le.move.jump.beacon.pck" both are in scripts folder.
When you are in game and have script editor enabled, open script editor go into script editor(... so redundant) find the script and open it.
All that is needed to add is

Code: Select all

| [Find.JumpBeacons]
at the end of a line.
For "lib.le.move.gate" change line 28 and line 30 so it looks like this - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1518099950
In "lib.le.move.jump.beacon" line 37 - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1518099981
Now script editor in X isn't like it normally is where you just type, you need to select things. To add to existing argument press "insert expression op" key, mine is home key not sure if it's default or not, you will end up with https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1518100006 select the <?> and hit ender select "|" symbol from operations, add another operator select it and go into selection menu now scroll down to constants and use "select constant" that is where "[Find.JumpBeacons]" argument is hidden away - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1518100027
Once you done adding a whooping 3 words(not even 4 as I recalled) and saving obviously, exit the game and go into your scripts folder. Due to the way file priority works you will have to move original packed version of scripts somewhere or they will ALWAYS take priority, you can't toss them into catalogue as fake patch since loose files take priority and .pck will take priority so either delete originals or just move em someplace for backup, in-case you want to revert at some point.
That's all. Despite long description it may take you 2 minutes to do all that even if you never touched script editor.

You know what, if you are as lazy as me and don't wanna fiddle with stuff here are the 2 files just drop them into your scripts folder and move .pck versions away. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B89ag ... UI2T3pKU0k I think i got the google drive link right... I hope.. I had to fiddle with stuff simply because nobody ever posted just the fix and with actual explanation rather then somewhat vague clues... finding stuff when you don't know how it works can be irritating.
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Fri, 21. Sep 18, 09:49

hisazul wrote: You know what, if you are as lazy as me and don't wanna fiddle with stuff here are the 2 files just drop them into your scripts folder and move .pck versions away. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B89ag ... UI2T3pKU0k I think i got the google drive link right... I hope.. I had to fiddle with stuff simply because nobody ever posted just the fix and with actual explanation rather then somewhat vague clues... finding stuff when you don't know how it works can be irritating.
Thanks!
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

vr01
x4

Post by vr01 » Sun, 23. Sep 18, 05:38

@ConorC

One of the things you could try to help GOD regenerate stations is to set up some cheap ships to buy the product you need. They only need to run the "Buy for Best Price..." command so nothing special like CLS or CAG.

This will generate unmet demand, over time GOD will react to this and create the required station. This is my own experience in my current TC game but I have no actual measurements or science to back it up.

In my game I decided to start buying key weapons for stock piling for future use (PPC, FAA, etc). I used individual freighters with "Buy for Best Price..." staged from the HUB. When I started I could only find one FAA factory in the whole universe. Later on I stumbled across another 2 FAA factories (that I am certain didn't exist when I started buying up FAA's) and a build mission. This is what leads me to believe that if you set up buy commands, eventually GOD will respond...

I never did try it in Terran space as by blind luck I managed to save the Ghoul Missile and SSC factories (I just happened to park a ship in each for some reason and forgot about them...)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”