Undocking issue

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

BTRVODKA
x3tc

Post by BTRVODKA » Sun, 16. Sep 18, 22:21

I die when I try to undock.
Save link: https://yadi.sk/d/8xcgKRoGasccgg

Aldebaran_Prime
x4

Post by Aldebaran_Prime » Mon, 17. Sep 18, 10:42

BTRVODKA wrote:I die when I try to undock.
Save link: https://yadi.sk/d/8xcgKRoGasccgg
I feear you are in the wrong forum/thread here

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 17. Sep 18, 14:59

Split and moved from the previous incorrect thread and forum.

If this is (or is like) the common wide-body M6 or station doors undocking issue then the workaround is letting the AI undock you safely (give your docked personal ship a command such as fly to, jump to, idle, etc and it undocks with a period of no collision detection).
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Tue, 18. Sep 18, 05:16

Alan Phipps wrote:Split and moved from the previous incorrect thread and forum.

If this is (or is like) the common wide-body M6 or station doors undocking issue then the workaround is letting the AI undock you safely (give your docked personal ship a command such as fly to, jump to, idle, etc and it undocks with a period of no collision detection).
That means: Use z - C - 1 - 1

Or is there a shorter sequence?

cu
Rainer

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Tue, 18. Sep 18, 05:22

If that doesn't work, call another ship to the station, change ships and get out of the sector, then call your ship to you.

I keep a TM with my pet Disco around. It's like the "captain's gig" and most times I use it to take me ashore when I want to personally visit a station, or at least have it pick me up.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Honved
x3tc

Post by Honved » Tue, 18. Sep 18, 15:36

There are several awkward M6 ship designs which inevitably collide with the station as the ship pulls away.

One option is to use the downward "strafe" key "s" to put a bit more room between your ship and the station before attempting forward thrust. That works in MOST cases.

As pointed out previously, using the autopilot commands disables collision during the initial undocking phase, so it doesn't have any effect if it does intersect.

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Wed, 19. Sep 18, 00:24

So that's what she means when she announces that "your docking permit has expired"?..

DrSuperEvil
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by DrSuperEvil » Wed, 19. Sep 18, 03:04

Best way is to swap to an M5 and then undock the ships OOS. Springblossom if landed tail to tail tend to intersect making whoever undocks the dead one.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Wed, 19. Sep 18, 05:30

Honved wrote:There are several awkward M6 ship designs which inevitably collide with the station as the ship pulls away.

One option is to use the downward "strafe" key "s" to put a bit more room between your ship and the station before attempting forward thrust. That works in MOST cases.

As pointed out previously, using the autopilot commands disables collision during the initial undocking phase, so it doesn't have any effect if it does intersect.
Hi,

This does solve the "M6 indoors in Super ship yards" problem in X3TC, and you can also brake immediately and jump away.

This does however NOT solve the "immediate kill" problem when you undock while your Springblossom overlaps another one docked at the adjacent clamp.

cu
Rainer

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”