X3:R - How to deal with missile spam?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

DrSuperEvil
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: X3:R - How to deal with missile spam?

Post by DrSuperEvil » Wed, 3. Oct 18, 14:51

In short for X3:R Use PSGs on your turrets.

Mazryonh
x3tc

Post by Mazryonh » Thu, 4. Oct 18, 05:20

Cycrow wrote:
Mon, 24. Sep 18, 14:58
The links have been fixed
Thank you so much, Cycrow. Unfortunately I do not know how to install the EMP pack since my version of X3:R is 2.5. I would very much like to use your Missile Targetting Software mod again but don't know how.
DrSuperEvil wrote:
Fri, 21. Sep 18, 03:36
I find any ship without a rear turret or two is a flying coffin.
I guess it's too bad, so sad for anything smaller than an M3 with turrets then? It's even worse when the ship you're piloting (in my case, a Mamba Vanguard) even has a rear turret modelled on but it's completely nonfunctional!
AleksMain wrote:
Tue, 25. Sep 18, 22:25
My pilot usually attack multiple enemies, often with better ships than his own.

I never used bonus pack for anti-missile defense or script (I use vanilla versions of games).

My methods are following:
1. If you have small ship, then it must be faster than missile.
2. If you fly something bigger, then it must have jump drive. When you need to avoid incoming missiles just jump to any gate of any sector.
3. You can fly through nearby gate to avoid incoming missiles.
4. If my pilot fly capital ships with large shields (and some Turrets with Missile defense command), then he often can ignore incoming missiles.
4. If my pilot fly something like M7M Cobra, then it can defend itself even against another M7M (it is rare event though, attack of enemy M7M)
5. And finally if he fly something like Xenon I, then he not need to worry about incoming missiles.
I like zipping around the X-Universe in an M3, I find that it lets me do the largest variety of missions, especially combat ones. I also find jumping to a gate in the same sector to be a bit like cheating, even though you techinically haven't left the sector at all.
DrSuperEvil wrote:
Tue, 25. Sep 18, 15:20
Phased Shockwave Generators are very effective at shielding against missiles.
Silly me, piloting Split and Argon ships then. Ion Disruptors in my experience can stop missiles within a short distance but those aren't allowed on Split ships either.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 4. Oct 18, 10:44

Mazryonh wrote:
Thu, 4. Oct 18, 05:20
Cycrow wrote:
Mon, 24. Sep 18, 14:58
The links have been fixed
Thank you so much, Cycrow. Unfortunately I do not know how to install the EMP pack since my version of X3:R is 2.5. I would very much like to use your Missile Targetting Software mod again but don't know how.
If you use the latest version of the plugin manager from the TC forum (works for reunion as well) then it will include EMP automatically

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 4. Oct 18, 22:36

Mazryonh wrote:
I like zipping around the X-Universe in an M3
I had M1, M6, TP, TS, M3, M4, and M5. All equipped with JumpDrive. Fighters usually in the M1.

Chimera, Mako, and Yaki M5 Raider. Cargobay and speed for missions. Not for combat.

I would mostly zip in M6 or M5. If there was a mission, I would summon required ship to the scene (unless I already was in it).
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Fri, 5. Oct 18, 05:53

jlehtone wrote:
Thu, 4. Oct 18, 22:36
Mazryonh wrote:
I like zipping around the X-Universe in an M3
I had M1, M6, TP, TS, M3, M4, and M5. All equipped with JumpDrive. Fighters usually in the M1.

Chimera, Mako, and Yaki M5 Raider. Cargobay and speed for missions. Not for combat.

I would mostly zip in M6 or M5. If there was a mission, I would summon required ship to the scene (unless I already was in it).
In X2 I did most with a Teladi Osprey M6. Killing Xenon M1 and M2 was like cheating.

If I remember correctly, most missions in X3:R had to be done with specific ships. But then there was the Hyperion ...

If I can get a Hype in TC or AP, it's anyway the best solution due to the "captain's yacht" I can dock.

cu
Rainer

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”