X3AP Spacefuel Factories

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ajime
x4

X3AP Spacefuel Factories

Post by ajime » Sun, 21. Oct 18, 17:02

I just realized you lose police license if u drop spacefuel factories in Argon control territory besides it being shot by the nearest patrol if too close. Anyone drop it hidden away from the beaten path and it survived?

Timsup2nothin

Re: X3AP Spacefuel Factories

Post by Timsup2nothin » Sun, 21. Oct 18, 18:11

ajime wrote:
Sun, 21. Oct 18, 17:02
I just realized you lose police license if u drop spacefuel factories in Argon control territory besides it being shot by the nearest patrol if too close. Anyone drop it hidden away from the beaten path and it survived?
Generally people build their distilleries in pirate, Yaki, or unknown space. No matter how far off the path you build, if you build it in space where it is illegal eventually patrols will run across it and shoot it up.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

DrSuperEvil
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by DrSuperEvil » Mon, 22. Oct 18, 01:28

Major race Recon job M5s have a 5% chance to make a beeline to the illegal factory and call a military strike if you place them in the territory of a major race. I always build them 40 km above the ecliptic in Pirate, Yaki, Goner or Unknown sectors.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Mon, 22. Oct 18, 06:12

ajime wrote:
Rule #1 for successful drug dealers: Make friends with pirates; they are your best customers.

Then you can drop your booze and weed production in pirate sectors, and you're good to get profitsss.

cu
Rainer

ajime
x4

Post by ajime » Mon, 22. Oct 18, 07:42

RainerPrem wrote:
Mon, 22. Oct 18, 06:12
ajime wrote:
Rule #1 for successful drug dealers: Make friends with pirates; they are your best customers.

Then you can drop your booze and weed production in pirate sectors, and you're good to get profitsss.

cu
Rainer
yeah the idea is to put a factory more or less near nathan voyage intersection. there's really no safe pirate/unknown sectors at for at least 5 jumps in any direction. At least enduring light was unclaimed in TC. I need more profitsss to corrupt the general populace. :mrgreen:

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Mon, 22. Oct 18, 07:47

ajime wrote:
Mon, 22. Oct 18, 07:42

yeah the idea is to put a factory more or less near nathan voyage intersection. there's really no safe pirate/unknown sectors at for at least 5 jumps in any direction. At least enduring light was unclaimed in TC. I need more profitsss to corrupt the general populace. :mrgreen:
In that case the Hub is your friend...

cu
Rainer

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Mon, 22. Oct 18, 17:31

ajime wrote:

Harmony of Perpetuity is as close as you can get, but it's a good choice. Goner administration reduces the stray red pirate problems. No illegality issues. Just have to make sure that any freight haulers you assign are jump reliable so they don't try to run through the war sectors.

Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

DrSuperEvil
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by DrSuperEvil » Tue, 23. Oct 18, 13:28

You are forgetting about Void Of Opportunity.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 23. Oct 18, 17:08

Timsup2nothin wrote:
Mon, 22. Oct 18, 17:31
Harmony of Perpetuity is as close as you can get, but it's a good choice.
For many things.

It is big. Almost empty. Not much traffic. I've got only one Goner SPP far from the Gate. (But someone paid to build other Factories.)

No RRF, no military. So calm that Pirates moved their Base there too. Best/only place for Goner missions (at least during the War).

Did I say big? So big that you have plenty of time and room to board all big bullies that threaten the Goner Plant now and then? Goner love, marine training, and Galleons galore. (And the Base to enslave unskilled mercenaries on the spot.)

The NPC do come over to decent bar from quite far too (unless they trip on the chips).
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

ajime
x4

Post by ajime » Wed, 24. Oct 18, 05:01

Timsup2nothin wrote:
ajime wrote:

Harmony of Perpetuity is as close as you can get, but it's a good choice. Goner administration reduces the stray red pirate problems. No illegality issues. Just have to make sure that any freight haulers you assign are jump reliable so they don't try to run through the war sectors.
I gave it a thought too last time but I was more inclined to make use of my own SPP i own in Black hole sun(since i drain those cahoonas for my factories there) to power it. Maybe I'll use the hub once i finished supplying the mission it needs. I tend to set my freighters to impulse drive and use jump to flee only.
jlehtone wrote:
Tue, 23. Oct 18, 17:08
Timsup2nothin wrote:
Harmony of Perpetuity is as close as you can get, but it's a good choice.
For many things.

It is big. Almost empty. Not much traffic. I've got only one Goner SPP far from the Gate. (But someone paid to build other Factories.)

No RRF, no military. So calm that Pirates moved their Base there too. Best/only place for Goner missions (at least during the War).

Did I say big? So big that you have plenty of time and room to board all big bullies that threaten the Goner Plant now and then? Goner love, marine training, and Galleons galore. (And the Base to enslave unskilled mercenaries on the spot.)

The NPC do come over to decent bar from quite far too (unless they trip on the chips).
Interesting. I never stayed around long enough in the goner war sector to actually get those missions or any war sector except heretic's end(Since it's challenge to see an argon fleet survive there) or seeing pirate build their base there yet. hmm maybe i'll drop in an satellite to monitor HoP sector later.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 24. Oct 18, 21:00

War sectors have only war missions. At most one, usually none.

Goners give generic missions just like any other faction. The chance to find Goner mission givers in sectors of other factions is either low or none. The chance to find a Goner on Goner station in Goner sector is better than none.

HoP and Elysium are Goner sectors. HoP is not a War sector. I got my Goner reputation to top rank there.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Thu, 25. Oct 18, 05:12

jlehtone wrote:
Wed, 24. Oct 18, 21:00
War sectors have only war missions. At most one, usually none.

Goners give generic missions just like any other faction. The chance to find Goner mission givers in sectors of other factions is either low or none. The chance to find a Goner on Goner station in Goner sector is better than none.

HoP and Elysium are Goner sectors. HoP is not a War sector. I got my Goner reputation to top rank there.
The only Problem here arises, when somebody destroys the Goner station. In that case you need to wait ... and wait ... and wait ...

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 25. Oct 18, 18:01

ajime wrote:
Wed, 24. Oct 18, 05:01
Interesting. I never stayed around long enough in the goner war sector to actually get those missions or any war sector except heretic's end(Since it's challenge to see an argon fleet survive there) or seeing pirate build their base there yet. hmm maybe i'll drop in an satellite to monitor HoP sector later.
Pirate Bases respawn to random sectors. Destruction of existing Base is required for a respawn. The faction Military is semiactive on that, but for more frequent relocations some player effort is required. ("Sufficient amount of Tomahawks ...").

However, the probability for a Base to respawn exactly in HoP is (just as) tiny (as for any sector). I got one without serial massacre of Bases. Blessed be the Almighty RNG and Lady Fortune! :goner:
RainerPrem wrote:
Thu, 25. Oct 18, 05:12
The only Problem here arises, when somebody destroys the Goner station. In that case you need to wait ... and wait ... and wait ...
While Goner are not exactly apex predators, they lack natural enemies. The HoP is off the track and behind at least two War Sectors. Big Bad Ships do have trouble ending up in there.

The player naturally can be up to no good, but those characters are unredeemable.

Generic missions spawned by the player do yield enemies, but the idea is that the player is responsible.

Then there is the GoD. Preachers and Truth and Economic Events ... do they hold a grudge against each other? A player wishing to be regarded as the Guardian of the Goner should obviously act as true Lord Protector from earliest convenience.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Fri, 26. Oct 18, 07:29

True Lord Protector meaning get in there early and start buying and supplying. That SPP is inconvenient, since it is so far from the gate, but it can supply stations that are close to the gate with plenty of energy to make useful, less bulky things that are worth jumping out with.

Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”