[X3AP] Obtaining Wheat Farm/Rimes Factory with hostile Argonians

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

kasan
x4

[X3AP] Obtaining Wheat Farm/Rimes Factory with hostile Argonians

Post by kasan » Sun, 30. Dec 18, 18:55

As the title posits, how does one go about getting wheat farms and rimes factories when siding with the Terrans in the Argon/Terran war? I've played the X games for more hours than is probably healthy, but I decided to actually play the plots for the first time and went with Terran Commander. I'm not actually up to where I NEED those factories for the PHQ, but I'm looking forward and trying to determine how to actually get those factories. Currently my rep with Argon is about as low as it can be from farming Paranid rep. Any suggestions? Avoid mod related answers, playing Vanilla to both pad out steam achievements and because I don't think I've played an unmodded game of X since my first couple hours in X3:R over a decade ago.

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [X3AP] Obtaining Wheat Farm/Rimes Factory with hostile Argonians

Post by radcapricorn » Sun, 30. Dec 18, 19:06

I don't think you can in vanilla. But... why would you want Argon factories for PHQ if you're enemies with them?

kasan
x4

Post by kasan » Sun, 30. Dec 18, 19:20

Ship construction requires Rimes, which are argon only, I think?

devilofbelfast
xr

Post by devilofbelfast » Sun, 30. Dec 18, 19:32

Terrans produce cloth rimes and wheat in Aldrin iirc destroy the factories and hijack the replacement factory from the TL. Vanilla safe method too
the four most important things iv'e found out,
1, your birth certificate is an apology letter from the condom factory.
2, dont argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experiance.
3, if gods watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining,
4, Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

kasan
x4

Post by kasan » Sun, 30. Dec 18, 19:38

devilofbelfast wrote:
Sun, 30. Dec 18, 19:32
Terrans produce cloth rimes and wheat in Aldrin iirc destroy the factories and hijack the replacement factory from the TL. Vanilla safe method too
What should my Terran rep be before I try this so I don't end up hostile to the terrans?

kasan
x4

Post by kasan » Sun, 30. Dec 18, 19:54

Unrelated to my original question, where does one obtain the CLS1/2 if also hostile to Argonians? Somewhere I read you could buy it in Priest's Pity but it's not for sale in the sector anywhere.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 30. Dec 18, 20:04

kasan wrote:
Sun, 30. Dec 18, 18:55
Currently my rep with Argon is about as low as it can be from farming Paranid rep.
I took my Terran rep to absolute rock bottom for fun, Valhallas and beacons.

Then, one day I chose to forgive them (temporarily). Xenon Hub between Megnir and Segaris, and near Xenon 472. Wiped X472, including the Shipyard. The Xenon obviously did send help from nearest SY (X101) via shortest path (via Segaris and Hub).

The amount of Xenon kills to reach positive Terran rep was pathetically low.

I could easily have Xenon Hub next to X101 and Black Hole Sun so that from X101 to X472 is through BHS.
Cheap Argon rep, IF you have Xenon Hub. If you don't have the Hub, then wipe X101 and see if X472 sends help (via BHS).

Aldrin Mixed Food Production Base produces Rimes. Is that sufficient?

Overall, if Terran PHQ cannot produce even Terran ships with Terran materials, what does that say?
It says: Skip the roleplay and submit to "the Laws of Physics".

Look the CLS from https://www.egosoft.com:8444/confluence ... ares%3A+AP
The Paranid Communications Facility is on top right corner of Priest, relatively far.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

kasan
x4

Post by kasan » Sun, 30. Dec 18, 20:09

jlehtone wrote:
Sun, 30. Dec 18, 20:04
kasan wrote:
Sun, 30. Dec 18, 18:55
Currently my rep with Argon is about as low as it can be from farming Paranid rep.
I took my Terran rep to absolute rock bottom for fun, Valhallas and beacons.

Then, one day I chose to forgive them (temporarily). Xenon Hub between Megnir and Segaris, and near Xenon 472. Wiped X472, including the Shipyard. The Xenon obviously did send help from nearest SY (X101) via shortest path (via Segaris and Hub).

The amount of Xenon kills to reach positive Terran rep was pathetically low.

I could easily have Xenon Hub next to X101 and Black Hole Sun so that from X101 to X472 is through BHS.
Cheap Argon rep, IF you have Xenon Hub. If you don't have the Hub, then wipe X101 and see if X472 sends help (via BHS).

Aldrin Mixed Food Production Base produces Rimes. Is that sufficient?

Overall, if Terran PHQ cannot produce even Terran ships with Terran materials, what does that say?
It says: Skip the roleplay and submit to "the Laws of Physics".

Look the CLS from https://www.egosoft.com:8444/confluence ... ares%3A+AP
The Paranid Communications Facility is on top right corner of Priest, relatively far.
Still not that far into the Terran Plot, but good advice to keep in mind. Also thank you for the communication station location! I hadn't gone that far out in the sector and saw it immediately when I looked that direction. <3

DrSuperEvil
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by DrSuperEvil » Wed, 8. May 19, 00:21

Wipe a sector with the factory type then cap the TLs trying to replace them (use the HUB between the sector and nearest shipyard with a SEWN satellite set to report capitals). Due to bugs with the orders you need to manually fly the TL to a dock to unload the station and transfer it to another ship. This allows you to get several station types not for sale like marine training barracks and the aldrin weapon factories.

If you side with Beryll during Shady Business the Yaki shipyard sells wheat farms.

For equipment locations please check the wiki: https://www.egosoft.com:8444/confluence ... ares%3A+AP

Black_hole_suN

Post by Black_hole_suN » Wed, 8. May 19, 13:04

kasan wrote:
Sun, 30. Dec 18, 19:20
Ship construction requires Rimes, which are argon only, I think?
Capture all Argon M1 and M2 you can find and recycle them at your PHQ. You will get a portion of the ship's value in raw materials when you recycle.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”