Yeah, on a quick trip to Patriarch's Co... Waaaait a minute! What?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

nponoBegHuk
x4

Yeah, on a quick trip to Patriarch's Co... Waaaait a minute! What?

Post by nponoBegHuk » Thu, 24. Jan 19, 22:38

What happened in 1.3? Why did they rename the sector? Some programmer's mistake while copy-pasting changed the fate of a whole sector?

It still says "Collusion" in every other language file except L044 to this day!

Fast sector selection on the Universe Map | Rock locations for Mobile/OOS mining | Botting for max speed Hyperion | Complete list of ship sources | Capturing smaller ships

My current ship collection:
11 out of 11 *retired* ships found
17 out of 17 *unique* ships found
9 out of 9 *limited* ships found
16 out of 16 *rare* ships found

nponoBegHuk
x4

Re: Yeah, on a quick trip to Patriarch's Co... Waaaait a minute! What?

Post by nponoBegHuk » Mon, 28. Jan 19, 15:07

Some digging through old posts uncovered this:
CBJ wrote:
Wed, 22. Oct 08, 21:45
Yes. It seems the voice actor misread the name and we didn't notice until it was too late. Not much we can do about it I'm afraid.
CBJ wrote:
Fri, 24. Oct 08, 00:07
AkrionXxarr wrote:Maybe just change the name of the system its self to match the voice?
Yes, that would be an option, though it might annoy those who have already made fancy game maps!
Okay, I see, this makes sense. The sector was intended to be named Patriarch's Collusion the entire time, but they had to change it due to VA's mistake.
It still is named "collusion" in most of the different languages the game is translated into, except Japanese, which was released long after 1.3 - 族長の決断 (決断 【けつだん】 (n,vs) decision; determination; (P)). Probably Chinese as well, but I haven't had a chance to verify that.

Anyway, makes me feel kind of bad for inhabitants of said sector. Having to change the name of their system just because the most popular navigation software in the universe spells it the wrong way :S
Fast sector selection on the Universe Map | Rock locations for Mobile/OOS mining | Botting for max speed Hyperion | Complete list of ship sources | Capturing smaller ships

My current ship collection:
11 out of 11 *retired* ships found
17 out of 17 *unique* ships found
9 out of 9 *limited* ships found
16 out of 16 *rare* ships found

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”