[X2]Is it a good idea to build two trading loops producing the same end product in the same sector?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Fedora
x4

[X2]Is it a good idea to build two trading loops producing the same end product in the same sector?

Post by Fedora » Sat, 26. Jan 19, 17:08

Hi guys, i just built my first trading loop (Drones in Seizewell) and it's working perfectly fine. I have realized there are two more 26 silicon asteroids so i though about making a second Drone loop in this sector. The drones sell instantly but idk if i would be able to sell them all if i get the second factory. Will it work? Do trading stations keep buying your products no matter how many you produce? Thanks.

Red-Spot
x3ap

Re: [X2]Is it a good idea to build two trading loops producing the same end product in the same sector?

Post by Red-Spot » Tue, 5. Feb 19, 23:56

In X3TC I have closed loop with 5 drones fabs and it keeps running out of stock. X3TCs uni is not much bigger than that of X2 and its economy not much better. So I'd say go for it :)

Easy way to get an impression if your wares might get sold is to look at places that use/buy the wares. In this case look at the surrounding Trading Stations. All filled up with drones? Keep it as is. Still not filled up? ....
'Ignoramus et ignorabimus'

jlehtone
x4

Re: [X2]Is it a good idea to build two trading loops producing the same end product in the same sector?

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 6. Feb 19, 16:41

Sector Planner by LordSuch is (or at least was) the tool to estimate.

X2 economy is relatively static. The Sector Planner computes quite well the surplus/shortage and predicts effect of player factories too.

You can always try. Build the second Drone fact. If it does not sell (all), then simply build some other End Product factory next to it and expand your freighter logistics to cover the newcomer. Your "loop" won't care who consumes the resources it provides.

Price of one factory should not be a huge (mis)investment.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”