Thanks Mahi Ma from X3:TC

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ZacUK
x4

Thanks Mahi Ma from X3:TC

Post by ZacUK » Wed, 30. Jan 19, 20:12

So I've been playing through X3:AP recently as I didn't ever finish it when it first came out.

I've gone further in this game than I ever have in previous X games, and even in TC, I completed the player HQ plot, the Hub plot, as well as a whole heap of other achievements, including capping the #deca before it was patched out.

In this play-through of AP, and I've committed many hours in the last 4 weeks, I've completed the Argon plot, the player HQ plot, built a massive empire, amassed a huge amount of ships including capping a number of pirate capitals in preparation for capping Xenon ships.

I actually have my 200+ marines all training up while I do other stuff, and thought that i'd run through the AP Hub plot for the first time.

So I get to a point and see this message:
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
All that effort in TC, building huge swathes of silicon mines located in Mines of Fortune, linked into a giant chip complex...
Spoiler
Show
Only to be told that the current occupants of the hub are clearing out the surplus... I'm going to have words with this Boron. What a charlatan.

:lol:

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Thanks Mahi Ma from X3:TC

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 30. Jan 19, 22:04

Well at least it's realistic. There's just no market for bulk quantities of obsolete computer chips, not nowadays. :D
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

orangenee
x3ap

Post by orangenee » Thu, 31. Jan 19, 02:00

I love how with all these plots the "donkey" (you, the player) never gets mentioned at all. Not even a slight nod to "some guy".

Guess we just get to know we did it.......eventually. :evil:

ConorC
x4

Post by ConorC » Thu, 31. Jan 19, 15:29

Goddamn Mahi Ma!!!!!

Well, I recently went back to TC because I never finished the HUB plot without Mods to make it easier and I want to do it properly. Plus I have other unfinished business in TC too which I want to finish before going back to X4.

But damn, all those microchips just sitting there doing nothing. that's harsh man, harsh!

ZacUK
x4

Post by ZacUK » Thu, 31. Jan 19, 22:30

Well it looks like the Terrans wanted words with Mahi about his microchip abuse problem..
Spoiler
Show

And then a bit later on...
Spoiler
Show
Just don't let him anywhere near a computer.

What's also super frustrating, is that the Borons obviously can't even give the chips away, and they're dumping them in space!
Spoiler
Show

ZacUK
x4

Post by ZacUK » Thu, 31. Jan 19, 22:34

Some strange behaviour is afoot with my rep during/after completion of the hub plot...

During the plot, my Boron rep dropped to 0% from the 7% I had before starting, and my Terran rep, also down to 0% from about 18% pre-plot.

I've since done a couple of missions for the Boron, and it hasn't moved. Is the rep supposed to behave that way? I worked very hard to get my Terran rep up with trading and missions so that I could buy all of their ships and factories. I hope it doesn't drop further, and not allow me to raise it..

orangenee
x3ap

Post by orangenee » Fri, 1. Feb 19, 12:41

I can't explain the rep drop nor why it isn't increasing. You are already at max rank for the Boron so it won't move up anymore.

At or at least close to max rank there's an overflow in place, so if you were to do a mission at around 90% for example it'd hit an overflow up to 30% max (I think).

I often manipulate my ranks to give me an increased buffer for my "acquisitions teams" to get ships I don't want to/can't pay for.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 1. Feb 19, 22:58

If you are already at top rank, then further missions will not improve the percentage. Killing enemies might.

If you drop below the top rank, then missions will again help your reputation.

If you are at the bottom rank, then missions will not get you up (and you won't get mission offers). Killing enemies will improve your reputation.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”