factory help x3AP stuck.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: factory help x3AP stuck.

Post by radcapricorn » Sat, 16. Feb 19, 22:11

The ship is probably missing some software. There are two ways to make an automated station-assigned trader. First is the original one (which I'm guessing you're asking about). This requires that your ship has a Trade Command Software Mk2 installed. I don't remember if it also requires the Mk1 version, TS ships usually come with one pre-installed anyway, but the Mk2 needs to be bought explicitly. Once you have it installed and set the homebase, you can issue the following ship commands:

For buying:
C > (2) Trade... > (3) Buy Ware for best price...
This opens up a list of possible resources to buy. For a mine it's only Energy Cells, so you just need to hit Enter to select them. If it's a factory with more resources, you'll need to browse down with arrow keys for a required resource first.

For selling:
C > (2) Trade... > (5) Sell Ware for best price...
As above, this opens a list of possible products to sell. A mine only has one, so just hitting Enter will select that.

That's pretty much it for the original automated trade commands. One freighter can either be buying, or selling, so if you want both, you'll need two freighters.

Now, if you have the Bonus Pack there's also the ability to set up a Commercial Agent instead of using the above commands. To do that, a freighter needs to have Trade Command Mk1 and Mk2 and Navigation Command Software.

After installing those and assigning it a homebase, a new command will appear in that ship's trade commands list:

C > (2) Trade... -> (8) Start Commercial Representation

That opens up yet another menu where such an agent can be configured rather extensively. But to start it with the default settings, which are fine on their own, you just select the topmost menu entry (that is, as before you just hit Enter).
When commanded like this, the ship will start out as an Apprentice and will only be buying resources. As he flies around he'll gain experience and eventually learn to also sell products. Then he'll continue leveling up and becoming more efficient, but will also cost a little bit of money as wages. There's a detailed description of how it operates in the Bonus Pack manual PDF, section 4.

EDIT: sorry, forgot to add, the number of that last command may change depending on what other software the ship has installed on it.

Gandalf The White
x3

Post by Gandalf The White » Sun, 17. Feb 19, 00:57

thank you very much indeed. you have been most helpful and it is truly appreciated.
some who deserve life receive death. Others who deserve death receive life. Can you give it to them? Don't be eager to deal out death in judgement, for not even the wise can see all ends.

Gandalf The White
x3

Post by Gandalf The White » Mon, 18. Feb 19, 13:25

ok so i placed my ore mine in kingdom end. mostly because i wanted to just test to see if i could still do it. yes i've done it successfully. i have my ship settup to buy resources for it. the only thing now is nobody has bought from it yet. not sure how long it takes to get noticed. i have my purchase price for ore set at 55cr. so either i've somehow managed to set the allow other races to dock option to no or i simply haven't waited long enough.
some who deserve life receive death. Others who deserve death receive life. Can you give it to them? Don't be eager to deal out death in judgement, for not even the wise can see all ends.

Red-Spot
x3ap

Post by Red-Spot » Mon, 18. Feb 19, 20:40

Ore is generally available in bulk, specially in a time before you have a flock of Universe Traders moving about.
As a -sell on its own- factory Ore is a bad choice early game, imo.

Selling does work though, specially if you can get it to the customer before any AI-trader can.
-Price minus 1- is the general -will sell on its own- price but that does not guarantee the AI comes to you if there is enough stock of the ware in the Universe.

Example; Selling Weed I can even raise the price, -price minus 1- and it sells on its own so fast I can just not produce enough of it.
Selling Teladianium, I can sell loads of it, but I have to sell it or place my factories strategically. Setting the price minus 1 has little to no effect.
'Ignoramus et ignorabimus'

Altruist
x3ap

Post by Altruist » Wed, 20. Feb 19, 19:23

As it was already mentioned, iron is available for 50 Credits at lots of mines. So your ore will not sell. Nevertheless their seems to be a shortage of freighters because at the same time lots of factories are out of ore and would pay high prices. Which means, an ore mine is useless if you trust the NPC-traders to sell your ore but it can make good profits if you sell the ore in your own transporters.

If you do not mind the modified tag, there is a great script to easily automate TS-ships you assign to factories without the hassles of wages, pilot-levels etc.:

Ok-Trader
The script is smart enough when it comes to buying low, selling high and avoiding enemies, that it allows you to keep the prices for resources and products at average in your factories. Your OK-Traders will still buy energy at the lowest price and sell your iron at the best price.

There are several settings which already on default are handy enough, so you could but do not need to finetune them. There is also a blacklist for sectors. The latter allows to put single sectors as well as all sectors of a specific race or all unknown sectors or all enemy sectors onto the blacklist, here as well the default is already good enough to get you running with the least possible hassle. If you give your TS-ships a jump-drive and allow them to jump freely, with this script you do not need settings for how many energy cells the ship should load up for jumping. The scrip handles this very well automatically. From my description you can imagine that I value this script quite highly, try it out and if you need further help to get it running, post it here. The more specific, the easier to lead you thru any steps you missed or find difficult to handle.

Link to the forum thread with the script: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=336509

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”