[X:BtF] New Player Questions

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Celthon
x4

[X:BtF] New Player Questions

Post by Celthon » Mon, 8. Apr 19, 18:27

These questions pertain to "X: Beyond The Frontier" game.

While searching for information about the game I read somewhere (but cannot find it now) that I can edit the number of 'jumps' my freighter will make when searching for resources to buy for my factory...however when I try editing these I can only change the 'buy' price for the 'Energy Cells", but am not able to make any changes to the entry for number of jumps (located to the right of the 'buy price')...is that not something I can adjust?

While changing the selling price I am only able to increase/decrease in increments of '5'...so for example I can change my selling price from 340 to 345 or 335, but nowhere in between those price points...is there no setting that I can change that will let me edit prices in increments of '1' rather than '5'? I also see prices in NPC factories/stations carried out to the second decimal place, but I cannot do that...is that another option that is not available to me in this game?

How long does it take before NPC's will begin buying from my factory? Read somewhere that someone wrote: "It takes a while..." -- how long is "a while'? Set up a Silicon Mine in Seizewell...nearby NPC Laser factory is buying Silicon Wafers for 357, while my selling price is 345...and I have not made a sale since setting it up yesterday.

Since the freighters carry in increments of 1000 (I think...) will the NPC freighters only buy/pick-up from my factory when my in-stock reaches 1000 units or more?

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Edit: Playing on desktop PC, Win 7, without mods or add-ons, if that makes any difference regarding how the controls/mechanics are supposed to function.
Last edited by Celthon on Fri, 12. Apr 19, 20:18, edited 2 times in total.

Celthon
x4

Re: [X:BtF] New Player Questions

Post by Celthon » Mon, 8. Apr 19, 21:46

Also, while leaving NPC factories/stations I have had my ship destroyed 5 times during the two days since I bought the game, by colliding with an in-bound freighter after which I have to restart from the last saved-game. After I finish buying/selling at a station or factory I press <esc> and see a small 'cutscene' of my ship leaving the facility. Am I doing it incorrectly? Is there another key-press or combination of key-presses I should be using instead of <esc> to depart from a facility?

After pressing <esc> to leave the facility I have no control of my ship during the cutscene, and cannot see whether there is a ship entering the docking door...the collision happens inside the door, during the period when I have no control -- is this a bug/glitch in the game? If it is, and has not been corrected after all these years since release, I'll presume there's nothing one can do about it?

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 8. Apr 19, 23:37

Welcome to X-Universe! :goner:

The "jumps" next to price shows how far is nearest station that trades at the price (or better) that you have set.
With <End> and <Home> you can jump to min and max on the price/amount scales.

I did just found a Sun Oil Refinery of mine.
The product (Nostrop) price changes one credit per pressing of arrow key.
However, the resource (ECells and Flowers) prices change by 0.5 credit at a time.
I'd guess (can't remember) that the "per key" amount depends on the price range of the ware.
For example, if the min and max price differ by 10cr, then that is 20 keypresses á 0.5cr.
The price range of Wafers is way larger, is it not? All the way up or down is still many 5cr keypresses.

The <esc> is the undock key. Press <esc> twice to skip the cutscene.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Celthon
x4

Post by Celthon » Tue, 9. Apr 19, 01:16

Thank you for the reply and information.

Praefectus classis
x4

Post by Praefectus classis » Wed, 10. Apr 19, 11:11

Welcome. :xbtf:

I've recently started a new game of X:BTF after having a rest from X4 for the moment. I was listening to the game music and it made me nostalgic for the older game. It's many years since I last played X:BTF but I'm enjoying it.

It can take a while for NPC's to initially buy from your station even if the price is competitive. The NPC laser factory freighter may be on the way to or on the way back from a NPC silicon mine or the resources haven't got to the level to when they send a ship out. It might also be because you haven't got a sufficient quantity of silicon wafers in your factory yet. You will most likely find a number of NPC freighters arrive like buses all at the same time. This play through I haven't yet set any ore or silicon mines up and have set up some alternative factories which have proved to be quite profitable.
Reality is an illusion created by a lack of the X-universe
My new forum My original forum

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”