[X3-TC] Faction Reputation to start Plot Mission - I need clarification?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Celthon
x4

[X3-TC] Faction Reputation to start Plot Mission - I need clarification?

Post by Celthon » Sat, 13. Apr 19, 17:31

I've only had the game a few days, and not ready to begin any of the missions/plots...but while browsing for information I found this F.A.Q. page:
https://www.egosoft.com/support/faq/faq ... &version=9

and under the section for the plot named: Kha'ak plot (Operation Final Fury) it says Split Notoriety -10 (Creature 0%).

Does that mean I have to be on bad standings with the Split to begin that plot? I began the game with the "Humble Merchant" start, and have been wandering around trading and exploring without any aim or goal currently, other than to build up some money and learn where things are, etc...in trading with various factions/races my reputation with them has increased and currently with Split I'm listed as "Split Comrade 3%"...so later in the game if I want to start that Kha'ak Plot listed above do I need to reduce my standing with the Split race/faction?

Thank you for your time and assistance.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: [X3-TC] Faction Reputation to start Plot Mission - I need clarification?

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 13. Apr 19, 18:30

Celthon wrote:
Sat, 13. Apr 19, 17:31
Kha'ak plot (Operation Final Fury) it says Split Notoriety -10 (Creature 0%).
That's a neutral rank, see [FAQ] What are race ranks?
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Celthon
x4

Post by Celthon » Sat, 13. Apr 19, 18:43

Thank you...I guess I was confused by the portion that indicated -10 ...I thought of 0 as being neutral and anything in the negative range being bad standing.

The F.A.Q. answer I linked in my original post indicates the listings are for the minimum requirements...so I can be at a higher level, in regards to faction reputation, and still begin the plots, correct?

Thank you for your time and assistance.

nponoBegHuk
x4

Post by nponoBegHuk » Sat, 13. Apr 19, 20:26

Celthon wrote:
Sat, 13. Apr 19, 18:43
...so I can be at a higher level, in regards to faction reputation, and still begin the plots, correct?
Absolutely. The requirements are "at least this level to start".
Fast sector selection on the Universe Map | Rock locations for Mobile/OOS mining | Botting for max speed Hyperion | Complete list of ship sources | Capturing smaller ships

My current ship collection:
11 out of 11 *retired* ships found
17 out of 17 *unique* ships found
9 out of 9 *limited* ships found
16 out of 16 *rare* ships found

Red-Spot
x3ap

Post by Red-Spot » Sun, 14. Apr 19, 18:19

IIrc you actually start out as 'Creature' with the Split on the Humble Merchant start, so just starting that game should give you that requirement :D
'Ignoramus et ignorabimus'

Celthon
x4

Post by Celthon » Sun, 14. Apr 19, 19:48

Red-Spot wrote:
Sun, 14. Apr 19, 18:19
IIrc you actually start out as 'Creature' with the Split on the Humble Merchant start, so just starting that game should give you that requirement :D
You are correct...my confusion was in not understanding that I could be at a higher level and still begin the missions (I overlooked the line which indicated these are minimum requirements), and also I read the (-10) portion to mean I needed to have negative standing with them to begin.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 16. Apr 19, 11:48

neutral actually covers a range of ranks, so between -100 and 999 are considered neutral

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”