The "L" next to the race rank

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Jimmyjamjohnson42
x4

The "L" next to the race rank

Post by Jimmyjamjohnson42 » Sun, 12. May 19, 15:32

When i look at my personal info on X2, I see an L next to the rank and i'm not sure what it means.

Side question, what race rank do you have to be to do the xenon invasion missions?
I play X2 a lot, possibly too much.
800 hours and counting :P

jlehtone
x4

Re: The "L" next to the race rank

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 12. May 19, 17:11

The FAQ entry (that is now bit hidden compared to before Fora update) says:
Q: What does the [L] mean after the race rankings?

A: It indicates you have bought a license from that race so you can collect bounties on killing enemy ships.
In other words, you automatically get credits whenever you kill enemies of the faction that owns the sector, where you do kill.

Furthermore, license permits scanning ships. (You can scan without license, but that is considered an act of piracy.)

You can lose the license, if you are caught smuggling illegal wares, or when you attack "innocents".

The FAQ about missions does not say it, but Xenon Invasion does not care about race rank (or any rank for the matter).
You obviously have to be able to dock at stations in order to be able access BBS.

Assassination has difficulty that checks Combat Rank (a yes/no check); Invasion does not.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Red-Spot
x3ap

Post by Red-Spot » Mon, 13. May 19, 03:07

Had to read the plot-line for X2 from that link. Felt a little nostalgic about my old friend in X2 ...
Would be cool if Ego would present us with an other 'friend' one of these days, perhaps one with no indestructible qualifications :)
'Ignoramus et ignorabimus'

Jimmyjamjohnson42
x4

Post by Jimmyjamjohnson42 » Mon, 13. May 19, 13:56

Are the XI missions completely random or do you have to do something (like killing loads of xenon) first?

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 13. May 19, 18:24

You don't have to do anything first.

The mission message will appear on BBS of every station in that sector and in nearby sectors (of same faction). The battle will be fought on a sector that is a neighbour to a Xenon sector. If I were specifically looking for XI, I would check the neighbours of Xenon (18bil, SPG, BHS, Thynn, Getsu, and Menelaus, IIRC).

If you do see XI message in BBS, undock immediately and then redock. When the message appears first time, it will replicate uncontrollably as long as you remain docked.

As said, when the XI is "activated", it will show up on BBS of many stations. Those (seen) BBS messages can stay there for a long time. Longer than the "mission". Lets say that XI activates for BHS. The mission shows up and you see it, but don't accept the mission. Time passes; the XI "deactivates" and a new one activates for Getsu. (You can't tell that XI has changed target.) There is still message on BBS that says "BHS". You accept it. You get instructions to fight in Getsu and Xenon appear in Getsu.

On X3R a XI can be found about every 8 ingame hours. (X3R XI is not 100% identical to X2 XI.)

Put other way: a XI will appear sooner or later and will remain available for a while. Just check the "usual suspect" sectors periodically. When you have accepted and completed an XI, it will take a while before the next one appears.

Jimmyjamjohnson42
x4

Post by Jimmyjamjohnson42 » Tue, 14. May 19, 19:46

jlehtone wrote:
Mon, 13. May 19, 18:24
You don't have to do anything first.

The mission message will appear on BBS of every station in that sector and in nearby sectors (of same faction). The battle will be fought on a sector that is a neighbour to a Xenon sector. If I were specifically looking for XI, I would check the neighbours of Xenon (18bil, SPG, BHS, Thynn, Getsu, and Menelaus, IIRC).

If you do see XI message in BBS, undock immediately and then redock. When the message appears first time, it will replicate uncontrollably as long as you remain docked.

As said, when the XI is "activated", it will show up on BBS of many stations. Those (seen) BBS messages can stay there for a long time. Longer than the "mission". Lets say that XI activates for BHS. The mission shows up and you see it, but don't accept the mission. Time passes; the XI "deactivates" and a new one activates for Getsu. (You can't tell that XI has changed target.) There is still message on BBS that says "BHS". You accept it. You get instructions to fight in Getsu and Xenon appear in Getsu.

On X3R a XI can be found about every 8 ingame hours. (X3R XI is not 100% identical to X2 XI.)

Put other way: a XI will appear sooner or later and will remain available for a while. Just check the "usual suspect" sectors periodically. When you have accepted and completed an XI, it will take a while before the next one appears.
Thank you very much for the helpful info!
Better start mass-buying some hornets!

Jimmyjamjohnson42
x4

Post by Jimmyjamjohnson42 » Thu, 16. May 19, 20:20

For some reason i can't find them at all! No matter how long i wait i just cant find any XI missions.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Fri, 17. May 19, 08:49

Jimmyjamjohnson42 wrote:
Thu, 16. May 19, 20:20
For some reason i can't find them at all! No matter how long i wait i just cant find any XI missions.
You shouldn't "wait". Just jump between eligible sectors and check again.

fig
x2

Post by fig » Fri, 17. May 19, 10:29

Also, make sure you have plenty of E-cells: you may have to jump to the right sector. XI missions don't always end up being in the sector that they say they are!

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 17. May 19, 18:43

I would get a Paranid Pegasus with a Docking Computer. Jump to a sector with Centaur, check all Stations with the M5, continue to next sector. Pegasus has a slight edge over Disco on scouting. :roll:

Jimmyjamjohnson42
x4

Post by Jimmyjamjohnson42 » Fri, 17. May 19, 19:01

jlehtone wrote:
Fri, 17. May 19, 18:43
I would get a Paranid Pegasus with a Docking Computer. Jump to a sector with Centaur, check all Stations with the M5, continue to next sector. Pegasus has a slight edge over Disco on scouting. :roll:
normally i use a harrier to refill my ship but sure. only a tiny difference between the disco and the pegasus

Nova! No!
x3ap

Post by Nova! No! » Sat, 18. May 19, 03:43

I haven't played TC and AP yet.
If this is X3-R, save when you "find a Xenon K in XI mission".
So you can load if you miss the last hit of one Xenon K.
Last edited by Nova! No! on Sun, 19. May 19, 04:00, edited 1 time in total.

Jimmyjamjohnson42
x4

Post by Jimmyjamjohnson42 » Sat, 18. May 19, 09:31

Nah sorry. this is x2.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 18. May 19, 10:01

Jimmyjamjohnson42 wrote:
Fri, 17. May 19, 19:01
normally i use a harrier to refill my ship
IMHO a TS is more versatile as tanker; it can trade (remotely) and collect loot more than Harrier.
Goner Transporter Device is a faster way to transfer cargo than docking.

If you dive into Kha'ak space, then you obviously want to carry the extra fuel with you and there the Harrier makes sense.
(Pirate M3 or Goner GO with M2).

Jimmyjamjohnson42
x4

Post by Jimmyjamjohnson42 » Sun, 19. May 19, 13:42

ok then

Jimmyjamjohnson42
x4

Post by Jimmyjamjohnson42 » Wed, 29. May 19, 17:06

Hi again. It is impossible to find anything now. not even a xenon docking mission.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 29. May 19, 19:14

"anything"? As in "no missions of any kind at all in any station in any sector"?
Surely not that desperate.
Jimmyjamjohnson42 wrote:
Wed, 29. May 19, 17:06
xenon docking mission
:o That name does not ring a bell. Please elaborate.

Jimmyjamjohnson42
x4

Post by Jimmyjamjohnson42 » Wed, 29. May 19, 20:20

jlehtone wrote:
Wed, 29. May 19, 19:14
"anything"? As in "no missions of any kind at all in any station in any sector"?
Surely not that desperate.
Jimmyjamjohnson42 wrote:
Wed, 29. May 19, 17:06
xenon docking mission
:o That name does not ring a bell. Please elaborate.
Yes, as in no mission anywhere.
I dont know what its called but you have to dock at a station while the xenon are chasing you

Jimmyjamjohnson42
x4

Post by Jimmyjamjohnson42 » Wed, 29. May 19, 21:06

Actually. Nevermind about that. Now that i bought an osprey i can see loads of XI missions :gruebel:

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 29. May 19, 21:43

Jimmyjamjohnson42 wrote:
Wed, 29. May 19, 20:20
I dont know what its called but you have to dock at a station while the xenon are chasing you
Escape From Xenon FAQ entry. (Usually called Xenon Transport mission. You have a passenger to transport.)
This is also the mission where Xenon K can bail. The only case where a Capital ship can bail in the vanilla game.
Jimmyjamjohnson42 wrote:
Wed, 29. May 19, 21:06
Actually. Nevermind about that. Now that i bought an osprey i can see loads of XI missions :gruebel:
That is doing of the almighty Random Number Generator. All hail the RNG! :goner:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”