X3AP Increase Terran Rep as Humble Merchant Start

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

saco3
x4

X3AP Increase Terran Rep as Humble Merchant Start

Post by saco3 » Tue, 14. May 19, 22:01

Hi,

So I've gotten back to X3AP till new updates for X4 are released and am basically relearning the game as a Humble Merchant. Having fun so far but before I start doing any plots I want to raise my Terran rep. I remember there being a way to do it but I can't find any clear answers from my google search. I cant trade since they won't let me dock at their stations and no one is giving any missions. Any help with that will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Saco

RainerPrem
x4

Re: X3AP Increase Terran Rep as Humble Merchant Start

Post by RainerPrem » Wed, 15. May 19, 05:48

saco3 wrote:
Tue, 14. May 19, 22:01
Hi,

So I've gotten back to X3AP till new updates for X4 are released and am basically relearning the game as a Humble Merchant. Having fun so far but before I start doing any plots I want to raise my Terran rep. I remember there being a way to do it but I can't find any clear answers from my google search. I cant trade since they won't let me dock at their stations and no one is giving any missions. Any help with that will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Saco
Kill some Argons in the war sectors. If your Argon rep is high enough it doesn't do much damage. A handfull of M5s and M4s is enough.

Or: Make your way through the Xenon Backdoor to Segaris with a fast ship (Kestrel). There you can kill Xenon in Terran space.

You can then do missions in Megnir, Althes and Aldrin II. Those are rather small peripheral sectors with a number of stations.

MrFiction
x3ap

Post by MrFiction » Wed, 15. May 19, 19:36

A few years ago I managed to raise rep from -5 to +8 although it was painful. I did like RainerPrem suggested and killed Xenon in Segaris using a Boreas. It took a while because I had to avoid incoming Terran lasers while taking down Xenon, but it was a pretty fun experience.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 16. May 19, 17:17

IME, voluntarily working down to very bottom of -5 was painful (but rewarding).

The -5 to +10 was rather quick, smooth sailing. The Xenon in my game do not visit Segaris, but with Xenon Hub it is easy to lure migrating Xenon there. The initial -5 to -4 was only a handful kills. The Terrans did not really harass me, but they did steal some kills.

I'm probably lucky, for Pirates have Bases in Aldrin 2 and Althes. Terrans that sit in those Bases do offer doable missions for insurgents. I can assassinate a Terran, dip to -3 and climb back to +10 with missions.

("Buying" a Terran Lifter cost mere +10 to +7.)
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

DrSuperEvil
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by DrSuperEvil » Sat, 22. Jun 19, 13:02

In AP the humble merchant starts neutral to the Terrans so can just march into their space and do missions. As the commonwealth main plot requires 0 or lower Terran race rank to start it is advisable to do the Special Task Force mission first before working on Terran rep. The Oort Cloud sector is good for missions since it always spawns with a jump beacon and has nearby sectors with jumpable objects. You can just repeatedly fly through the same gate to force some missions to spawn.

Also you can only not dock to trade in core sectors but will be allowed to dock in border sectors.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”