[X3AP] Stopping my traders from selling my own goods back to myself...

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Le Boron Chétif
x3ap

Re: [X3AP] Stopping my traders from selling my own goods back to myself...

Post by Le Boron Chétif » Thu, 30. May 19, 17:00

Thanks for the tip regarding the Supply Command Software, I never used that one! I did know about the 'wing in, wing out' config tip, which does help a lot.
So far I was buying fighters in mass and sending them through my usual 'full-on' equipment itinerary : Legend's Home -> Thuruk's Beard -> Ceo's Sprite - Home of Light, till I discovered that some shipyards (unfortunately not all) can allow up a larger number of ships to dock at once, and enable faster equipping. But either way, this is by far the most tedious bit. (Again, I'm way too much of a perfectionist and could easily skip most of that, but I gotta feel that, should worse come to worse, I can switch to any of my other ships and find all the functionalities I need. I just don't buy them all the MK3 software as is costs an arm!)

As for weapons & gear, I just jump them all to my PHQ full of what they need (HEPT, shields and missiles) and fit them in bulk, this is also relatively handy. But whenever you do that for over 10 ships, every little mistake forces you to start over.

I also really like the Griffon, it's a fun ship to play. I (painstakingly) overtuned mine to 220m/s and 7rpm, and it contains 9 self-produced Aamon. Pretty fierce, for its small size. What keeps bothering me is the absence of big guns on it, it's hard to take on an M2 with it unless you spam missiles (what I'd give for 4 IBL or PBC slots!)

Btw, do you have with any mod at all for more challenging enemies? Now that I control most of the galaxy I'm considering increasing the difficulty just so I can continue playing :D I'm looking into some of them such as Pirate Guild 3, Revelation and Yaki Armada 2... all look great though I'm a total noob so not sure they even work with X3AP. Besides, what I'd really like is to get the Khaaks back in my game, to kick some insectoid ass for a change. Any lead? I might open another thread to get more recommendations on that...
:boron: Blub?

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 30. May 19, 21:22

Have you seen the Fleet Guide by Black_hole_suN?

The FAQ entry (What equipment do I need for command X?) does list the Supply Command Software, but the FAQ has been harder to find since the Forum update.

S&M questions belong to S&M forum

Kyoto can carry 6 M6/M8/TS. For example, four bombers and two resupply barges. Not quite enough to wipe enemy Capitals and the inevitable RRF from one War Sector, but its a start.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Red-Spot
x3ap

Post by Red-Spot » Fri, 31. May 19, 08:58

Le Boron Chétif wrote:
Thu, 30. May 19, 17:00
I also really like the Griffon, it's a fun ship to play. I (painstakingly) overtuned mine to 220m/s and 7rpm, and it contains 9 self-produced Aamon. Pretty fierce, for its small size. What keeps bothering me is the absence of big guns on it, it's hard to take on an M2 with it unless you spam missiles (what I'd give for 4 IBL or PBC slots!)

Btw, do you have with any mod at all for more challenging enemies? Now that I control most of the galaxy I'm considering increasing the difficulty just so I can continue playing :D I'm looking into some of them such as Pirate Guild 3, Revelation and Yaki Armada 2... all look great though I'm a total noob so not sure they even work with X3AP. Besides, what I'd really like is to get the Khaaks back in my game, to kick some insectoid ass for a change. Any lead? I might open another thread to get more recommendations on that...
I honestly love the Griffon cause it is so lacking and still so bloody good. It has difficulty dealing with an M6 by itself but it can dance around an M2 all day with a bit of luck and take away a lot incoming fire for whatever it is supporting. My Griffon is often tailing a Boreas, sometimes I do deploy the fighters in advance sometimes I'll just let 'chance' do it for me. The combo of the 2 with fighters is awesome. Boreas going for target launching Firestorms, Griffon dancing around removing fighters and when under stress deploying fighters that start launching wasps asap.
I've used this setup on some missions (plots, XI) and sometimes deploy 1-3 sets of 30 lasertowers between me and the enemy. Just fun to see how much does not reach my battle-group and how fast what does gets removed :)

I'm actually on TC and just want to get this empire set up to the max in unmodified way, then move to AP and probably do the same, so I do not have a clue what mods/scripts might be fun enough. Not seeing much use for combat-mission scripts unless they add some flair though. Did a decent bit of scripting in the past am a bit picky on that front to be honest :)
I for one am glad I am not needing to take on groups of corvette's with an Eclipse or Dragon or even a Tiger and feel the burn of their Kyon's :D
Le Boron Chétif wrote:
Thu, 30. May 19, 17:00
So far I was buying fighters in mass and sending them through my usual 'full-on' equipment itinerary : Legend's Home -> Thuruk's Beard -> Ceo's Sprite - Home of Light,
I do; Legend's Home, Light of Heart, Home of Light and skip the carrier/explorer command on the smaller stuff. I do buy 10 kestrels at a time and bring them to Legend's Home and Home of Light in dedicated Elephant for equipping large ships where the Elephant comes with whatever is needed to make the big ship ready to fight from shipyard. Most tedious in buying ships are M6/M8's since they are easy to buy in bulk but harder to equip in bulk :)
'Ignoramus et ignorabimus'

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 31. May 19, 17:50

Red-Spot wrote:
Fri, 31. May 19, 08:58
I'm actually on TC
and when one is focused on TC there is chance that one unintentionally gives TC-specific info even though target is AP. The games are not identical, just deceptively close.

AP has much more (read: slightly less inconvenient) options for setting up a fleet.

Regular Shipyard (SY) has 6 piers for capital ships and 5 external clamps for small ships. All regular SY look the same.
Super SY has internal (infinite) docking for small ships, but less docks for capitals. Supers are race-specific.
Terran SYs ... frankly, I haven't paid them any attention.

AP allows equipping M8/M6 in bulk (at SY).

I have an automated logistics chain for munitions:

Code: Select all

[Forge] --CLS1-> [CHQ] --CLS2-> [storage ships]
Forges deliver their products to company HQ with CLS1 couriers. CHQ has small stocks and one CLS2 hauls wares to large freighters. The CHQ has CAGs too, to buy from NPC Forges and to sell to NPC ED's.

Fleet supply ships load from that storage. That is not automated. For example, I explicitly order M7M squad to refill missiles after a sortie.

I have (AP) Griffon for specific use: it has IonD loadout. If there is a polarized sentry firewall in a boarding target, then the Griffon will zap good.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”