X3R trying to use CLS to befriend pirates

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

chrismokvack
x4

X3R trying to use CLS to befriend pirates

Post by chrismokvack » Sat, 20. Jul 19, 22:19

I searched on tips on the easiest way of befriending the pirates and found this: viewtopic.php?t=304024

I tried the advice on post #4 using instructions here: viewtopic.php?t=151490

The advice with CLS was for X3TC but i thought it should work the same in X3R. For some reason it wont work for me.

My disco has CLS MK2 and Navigation Software. I set up waypoint as follows:

waypoint 1: 0 > Atreus Clouds > Pirate Base > Atreus Clouds > Pirate Base > space weed > 4921 > 1
waypoint 1: 0 > Atreus Clouds > Pirate Base > Atreus Clouds > Pirate Base > space weed > 4921 > -1

There are space weed in stock. As I understand the pirate base always sells space weed at 4921 credits no matter how many. But the disco wont buy. Strangely though if I manually buy 1 space weed with the disco it will immediately sell it.

I checked with "configure intermediate stops 0 > 0 > 0 and it seems right to me, see link to image below. What am I doing wrong?

Timsup2nothin

Re: X3R trying to use CLS to befriend pirates

Post by Timsup2nothin » Sat, 20. Jul 19, 22:44

Reunion is buried deep in my past, so cut some slack on this reply.

In TC and beyond, where interfacing the CLS is a lot easier, there is a pilot rank requirement before they will interact freely with a dock. At the lowest rank they can only move product one way...I seem to recall they can buy or sell at a station but can only buy at a dock, not sell. So, one possibility is that you need a higher ranked pilot so he can buy AND sell at docks.

Another possibility is that the Reunion version of CLS is just refusing to process multiple commands at the single waypoint. That might call for a more complex system. I know in one or another of my guides I go into a lot of detail on this, but in a nutshell I use the distilleries in Herron's Nebula, which I think are there in Reunion as well, and set up a freighter to buy Space Fuel when it gets cheap. Then I use tiny ships to LOAD from the freighter and SELL to any pirate base within a reasonable distance along a fairly safe path. This not only generates pirate rep, it provides pilot training and does so at a profit.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 21. Jul 19, 11:17

The other problem is that you are using the instructions from an older version of the CLS Mk2 script (3.4.00) from the S&M forum compared to the vanilla version in the official X3:R Bonus pack which is version 3.5.01. Its instructions are in your X3:R game folder. There may be further differences between versions.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

chrismokvack
x4

Post by chrismokvack » Sun, 21. Jul 19, 12:39

The instructions are the same for the latest versions it would seem.

I want to try Timsup2nothin's trick with space fuel but then I imagine I first need to train my pilot to at least courier in order to be able to use transfer device right? So I thought I'd make him take some energy cells back and forth between two of my stations for practice.

I added waypoints like this:

0 > Herron's Nebula > Scruffin Complex > Scruffin Complex > Energy Cells > 0 > 1
0 > Argon Prime > Rimes Fact > Rimes Fact > Energy Cells > 0 > -1

But when I press enter at the end of either of these it makes a screeching sound as if it didn't work and indeed it didn't. When I ask pilot to report his waypoints he lists none. What am I doing wrong this time?

I tried this instead: viewtopic.php?t=197827

It seems to work because now he's moving. But I still want to understand why my waypoints didn't work.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Fri, 26. Jul 19, 01:58

The syntax of the X3R version has been completely purged from my memory, so I can't help with that. The rest of the answer may also fall into the dustbin, but in TC or AP the CLS pilot can do transfers without a transporter device so long as the target ship is docked. They just dock at the same station and do the transfer. It is possible that in X3R the CLS will refuse to accept a ship waypoint without a transporter device though...memory vague on that.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”