Beam Weapons:

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Chantelle Du'

Beam Weapons:

Post by Chantelle Du' » Wed, 29. Apr 20, 20:15

I have read many discussions referring to the elusive beam weapons that can be obtained when in the unknown sector with the Xenon mother ships. Are these PALC's ( Phased Array Laser Cannon's) or Plasma Beam Cannons. (Not to be confused with the Pirates Plasma Burst Generator weapons.)

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Beam Weapons:

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 29. Apr 20, 20:23

X3AP. PALCs can be obtained as drops from some other large capital ships, and as floating loot and/or Xenon Q drops in some UFJD sectors. PBC are obtained by exploit from certain powering-up Lasertowers.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Wed, 29. Apr 20, 22:16

Alan Phipps wrote:
Wed, 29. Apr 20, 20:23
PBC are obtained by exploit from certain powering-up Lasertowers.
PBCs are a standard possible drop from killed lasertowers. The exploit you refer to is just a way to get PBCs for free.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 29. Apr 20, 22:38

@ SirNukes: I thought that was only while they were still on their power-up countdown. Hence why it is rather exploitish if you drop and quickly kill your own LTs to get the drop (the LTs are not free but I know what you mean). I thought the older freight drone exploit had been prevented in a game update.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Thu, 30. Apr 20, 02:54

Alan Phipps wrote:
Wed, 29. Apr 20, 22:38
@ SirNukes: I thought that was only while they were still on their power-up countdown.
Ah, that is likely true. I just dropped 20 of them, waited the 10 minutes, and blew them all up with no drops. Though I would still suggest that blowing up freshly dropped LTs is a natural thing to try when equipping the side turrets on a Cerberus or similar M7. To me if feels like more of an oversight that activated LTs can't drop their PBCs.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”