X3:TC Safer to park TL in space, after Argon destroyed Paranid Shipyard?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Celthon
x4

X3:TC Safer to park TL in space, after Argon destroyed Paranid Shipyard?

Post by Celthon » Tue, 16. Jun 20, 00:14

Playing base game, with Bonus Pack installed...no Mods.
Played for about a month last year, reinstalled the game 6/5/20...so I'm relearning what little I learned before.

Yesterday had a first for me in-game...as I approached Eq. Dock in Paradin Prime in my Super Freighter the Eq. Dock was destroyed by Argon Military, who then proceeded to destroy the Shipyard and a few other stations. My TL , with 6 ships in hangar, was in the next sector, auto-piloting to the Shipyard in Paranid Prime. So had the timing been slightly altered I would have lost a bunch of stuff. Sometime today the Shipyard and Eq. Dock have respawned...not sure what else was destroyed and has yet to be respawned.

Once I begin seeing such attacks in my game, (Argon vs Paranid, or Boron vs Split, etc.), is that an indication it will begin happening more frequently -- or is it all rng? It may have been happening in other areas already and I'm just unaware.

Is it safe to park my TL off in a corner of the sector, away from travel lanes, etc., rather than taking the chance that the station it's docked at may be destroyed? The ships in the hangar of the TL are set to protect the ship, and its turrets are all set to protect the ship.
Not sure if it matters: my ranks with Argon/Paranid are Argon Fed. Marshal 93% and Friend of Emperor 12%.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

jlehtone
x4

Re: X3:TC Safer to park TL in space, after Argon destroyed Paranid Shipyard?

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 16. Jun 20, 01:16

Celthon wrote:
Tue, 16. Jun 20, 00:14
Once I begin seeing such attacks in my game, (Argon vs Paranid, or Boron vs Split, etc.), is that an indication it will begin happening more frequently
No. The fleets of factions have certain probability to raid their enemies and that will not change over time.

Factions will not attack your assets, unless you are their enemy / have made them angry. Xenon, Kha'ak, and Pirates can and do attack, but rarely with strong forces (except near/in their sectors).

Ships docked in station that is target of raid are "just collateral damage". So yes, not being docked is safer.

Fighter Drones en masse is a viable defense or at least a distraction, and a TL can carry many. Trader scripts (CAG/CLS/Trade Mk3) tend to equip freighters with some drones.

GoD does build and destroy NPC factories (not Docks) as economic events. Keeping one (cheap M5) docked on NPC factory protects that factory from removal. Some NPC (mainly Terrans) are so rare that they are worth protecting.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Celthon
x4

Re: X3:TC Safer to park TL in space, after Argon destroyed Paranid Shipyard?

Post by Celthon » Tue, 16. Jun 20, 07:51

Thank you.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”