Balance of Power plot finale (contains spoilers)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

western
x3tc

Balance of Power plot finale (contains spoilers)

Post by western » Wed, 1. Jul 20, 12:24

Hi all, greetings from Nathans Voyage, I am at the conclusion of the plot and have decided to try to cap the Tyr's one by one, how?

I decided to take them for a walk through the sector. They all have different top speeds so, although it takes time, it is easy to separate them out.

Once I got about 40 clicks between them, I used my fully loaded Cobra with 20 marines, all bar one at 100% in everything, to carry out a normal boarding with no problems at all, transferred some e-cells and a jumpdrive and sent number ! off to OL.

Jumped my Hyperion in with a couple of fighters and jumpdrive for the next caps. While waiting for this to happen the second Tyr was catching up so started to board this one.

I've hit a problem tho', I have sent the boys out to have a go at the second one and they keep reporting that the hull is impenetrable, six or seven reloads now. Is this a brick-wall or, given enough re-loads, will they eventually get through? Or is this plot related? Or is this a RNG thing?

Thoughts and opinions please.
If things don't change, they'll stay as they are.

jlehtone
x4

Re: Balance of Power plot finale (contains spoilers)

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 1. Jul 20, 21:57

Have you scanned the ship? Presence of Hull Polarization, Laser Sentries, and Firewalls increases the difficulty. It is the polarization that makes Terran hull too tough.

If you shoot a ship with IonDs when its shields are down, its equipment gradually fries. On X3AP I have a Griffon with all IonD loadout for this purpose. Can't remember what TC had.

That is how one can take Polarization&co out of the way and make ship boardable.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

western
x3tc

Re: Balance of Power plot finale (contains spoilers)

Post by western » Thu, 2. Jul 20, 10:26

Thanks jlt, capped the other 3 and sold them, had another go at this thing with the same result, and then just used the UFJD trick to lose it.

I have, after much searching, now found another post on here which had a similar outcome!

Thanks for feedback
If things don't change, they'll stay as they are.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”