[X3AP] How to give a task for my ship to sell the goods only if it has x amount in the storage

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

rinott

[X3AP] How to give a task for my ship to sell the goods only if it has x amount in the storage

Post by rinott » Tue, 12. Dec 23, 15:42

I've built my first station and I want to sell my good only in bulk. Is there a way to do that, Im using CLS2 and my ship instantly load 4 teladianium and tries to sell it instead of waiting for full cargo.

Also How does pilot salaries work? I've to pay my trained pilots but I dont know how much and when it clicks? What happens if Im bankrupt and pilot needs salary?

This is one of the best games I've played but its irritating that I struggle to find very important info within the game :(

rinott

Re: [X3AP] How to give a task for my ship to sell the goods only if it has x amount in the storage

Post by rinott » Tue, 12. Dec 23, 16:02

Oh I just found out about CAG's and I think this is what I have to do, I have to change my pilot to CAG.

rinott

Re: [X3AP] How to give a task for my ship to sell the goods only if it has x amount in the storage

Post by rinott » Tue, 12. Dec 23, 16:49

but now I have another issue. I have set my other mercury hauler(CLS2) to find energy cells and provide it to my Teladianium refinery. He bought energy cells and brought it to the refinery(I have a command "unload") but it didnt replenish Energy cells at all. Why? The cargo disappeared?! Mercury is empty and went to buy more energy cells... This game is beating the shit out of me, im losing my mind.

rinott

Post by rinott » Wed, 13. Dec 23, 05:04

oh I think I've just figured it out. My Mercury is just trying to make rounds around galaxy to find E Cells for lowest price but if he doesnt see cheapest price(12) at any station then he goes back empty to my factory(I set an order "Fly to station"). He was empty and I was mislead.

So the solution is to order him to dock at the most suited Solar Plant(XL) and wait until price will be at the lowest point instead of ordering him to chasing 20 solar plants in nearest sectors.

Im so stupid.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Wed, 13. Dec 23, 07:26

rinott wrote:
Wed, 13. Dec 23, 05:04

Im so stupid.
No, you're just a beginner in a game which has a lot of complex concepts built in. Everybody here once had the same problems as you have now.

For once: You CAN order a ship (with a trade computer installed on YOUR ship) to "buy for best price" a certain ware within a certain radius. But it looks only in sectors YOU have visited before. You can also order a loaded ship to "sell for best price" within a certain radius. If you have switched on the ship's messages, you will receive a note after each completed trade. This is called "MORT" for Manualy Operated Remote Trader and can make you a decent amount of money even without own stations.

cu
Rainer

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”