X3TC Goner Plot: Not ready for next step, but mission is timed (spoilers)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Saucerful-of-Secrets

X3TC Goner Plot: Not ready for next step, but mission is timed (spoilers)

Post by Saucerful-of-Secrets » Wed, 3. Jan 24, 14:42

Spoiler warning about details of goner plot.
Spoiler
Show
So I was following that Blastclaw through Maelstrom and met strong pirate forces near the gate to the next sector and the Blastclaw escaped and so did I as the pirates were too strong. I am flying the Advanced Eclipse which can be found, and this is my strongest combat ship by far. My plan was to either get a stronger ship, or improve rep with pirates, or both, but then the Goners sent me after the Blastclaw again, with a 44 minute time limit. I went, met an M7 and was promptly blown up.
My question is: If the time limit on the mission expires, will the Goner plotline be lost in this playthrough? Or will the Goners offer the mission again after I have taken the time to get ready?

RainerPrem
x4

Re: X3TC Goner Plot: Not ready for next step, but mission is timed (spoilers)

Post by RainerPrem » Thu, 4. Jan 24, 21:23

Saucerful-of-Secrets wrote:
Wed, 3. Jan 24, 14:42
Spoiler warning about details of goner plot.
Spoiler
Show
So I was following that Blastclaw through Maelstrom and met strong pirate forces near the gate to the next sector and the Blastclaw escaped and so did I as the pirates were too strong. I am flying the Advanced Eclipse which can be found, and this is my strongest combat ship by far. My plan was to either get a stronger ship, or improve rep with pirates, or both, but then the Goners sent me after the Blastclaw again, with a 44 minute time limit. I went, met an M7 and was promptly blown up.
My question is: If the time limit on the mission expires, will the Goner plotline be lost in this playthrough? Or will the Goners offer the mission again after I have taken the time to get ready?
You can repeat that part indefinitely.

There are two possibilities to make it through this part:
Spoiler
Show
1) Using a small ship and fly in large circles (up, left, down, right) around the ship you follow.

2) Doing enough missions for the pirates in advance to leave the shoot-on-sight status.

Saucerful-of-Secrets

Post by Saucerful-of-Secrets » Mon, 8. Jan 24, 11:45

Thanks Rainer, I will see if I can do the runaround in my trusty Kestrel.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Tue, 9. Jan 24, 06:14

Saucerful-of-Secrets wrote:
Mon, 8. Jan 24, 11:45
Thanks Rainer, I will see if I can do the runaround in my trusty Kestrel.
The Kestrel was my favourite ship in X3 as well. (Or the Hyperion with a Kestrel as Captain's Yacht.
Spoiler
Show
It anyway pays out if you use the time to the next repetition of the mission to improve your reputation with the pirates in that area. You can sell a lot of illegal goods and make a lot of money with them once you're on a good reputation.

Saucerful-of-Secrets

Post by Saucerful-of-Secrets » Thu, 18. Jan 24, 11:18

As it turned out, when returning in the Kestrel, there was noone attempting to stop me
Spoiler
Show
until the guy escaped and I had to pick him up (and avoid enemy fire)
I am now working on improving rep with pirates, it appears to take a while (a lot of trades & missions) though I did little to annoy them (except perhaps help the goners)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”