X-Online; any prospect?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

iancampbell

X-Online; any prospect?

Post by iancampbell » Tue, 22. Mar 05, 00:01

Simple question. is there any prospect of a multiplayer version of X coming out? I play Eve Online because it's multiplayer, but I think the mechanics of even X-BTF are better.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 22. Mar 05, 00:06

There is indeed a prospect, but it is just that. The Online Universe site has been around for a long time but we are still nowhere near even a projected year for its release.

Holywhippet
x3

Post by Holywhippet » Tue, 22. Mar 05, 01:38

I said as much in a different thread but I feel the game mechanics in X2 would be a problem for making a multiplayer X2. The main problem is speed. With multiple players you simply wouldn't be able to have SETA except when everyone is interested in using it. As such, transit times would get really painful and it would take ages to build up your factory empire.

gillrichard
x3tc

Post by gillrichard » Tue, 22. Mar 05, 07:55

If CBJ had a dollar....

lol

I think it is one of the dreams of all the players here that they would be able to trade with each other and pit their ships against others...

It is a long way away though!
The thing is...there is no thing.

Graf_Grau
x2

Post by Graf_Grau » Tue, 22. Mar 05, 10:15

If CBJ had a dollar....
THen he could fund the production of X online :) This is a common question. I can't wait for the day that someone easks it and the offical response is..."oops we forgot to tell you, release is in two months!"

muppetts
x3tc

Post by muppetts » Tue, 22. Mar 05, 12:37

I tried to register and was informed the user name was already taken, yeah by me! can't help out..
VURT The only Feathers to Fly With......

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 22. Mar 05, 12:39

Registering on that site is the same as creating an account here. Just sign up for X-News in your forum profile and you will hear when there is news. Just don't hold your breath. :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”