[AP] PRODIGAL SON, A Rogue's Tale - Book II

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

Olterin
xr

Post by Olterin » Wed, 26. Jul 17, 08:25

... Very odd. Now it's working again. My sincere apologies for the inconvenience :S Forum was straight-up redirecting me to the index page every time I pressed reply, no amount of link fiddling or reloading or restarting the browser seemed to help :|

This is basically what I meant to post in a new reply for good visibility: The confusion between the two breeds resulted from the use of the word "ovcharka" which to my knowledge (and/or in my experience having lived in a russian-speaking area) does not specifically distinguish between the different kinds of shepherd dogs - the only ones I've known by that description have in fact been German Shepherds.
"Do or do not, there is no try"
"My Other Overwhelming Mixed Assault Fleet is a Brigantine" -Seleucius, commenting on my ship naming scheme

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Wed, 26. Jul 17, 22:53

Caucasian Shepherds are what German Shepherds ride into battle. Which are ridden by Dachshunds. Who are ridden by Hamsters. So they can go for the eyes.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Scion Drakhar
x3ap

Post by Scion Drakhar » Thu, 27. Jul 17, 00:05

:lol:
A Pirate's Story.pdf(KIA) by _Zap _ From Nothing.PDF(complete) by _Zap _ Prodigal Son(active) Original Thread, Prodigal Son_PDF

Song Of Obsidian
x3ap

Post by Song Of Obsidian » Thu, 27. Jul 17, 02:00

Miniature giant space hamsters?

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Thu, 27. Jul 17, 03:17

I don't know what other kind you'd find wandering around on a space ship.

Also, I have this horrible image of Ea't playing with Drake's dog. On all fours, playing tug of war with his teeth. As is the dog.

Scion Drakhar
x3ap

Post by Scion Drakhar » Thu, 27. Jul 17, 03:27

I figured Ea't would be too busy trying to find new ways of turning the Black Queen into foe-shaped chunky bits.
A Pirate's Story.pdf(KIA) by _Zap _ From Nothing.PDF(complete) by _Zap _ Prodigal Son(active) Original Thread, Prodigal Son_PDF

Song Of Obsidian
x3ap

Post by Song Of Obsidian » Thu, 27. Jul 17, 05:22

Ea't is somehow a single-minded master of multitasking, in my mind. He can do both while singing bawdy pirate songs all the way.

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Thu, 27. Jul 17, 09:32

Scion Drakhar wrote:I figured Ea't would be too busy trying to find new ways of turning the Black Queen into foe-shaped chunky bits.
Are you telling me that Ea't would not make time to play with a giant murder dog?
Heresy!
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Thu, 27. Jul 17, 13:06

He's already worked out how to deal with her, he just likes to play with his food.

Scion Drakhar
x3ap

Post by Scion Drakhar » Fri, 28. Jul 17, 02:43

Sirrobert wrote:
Scion Drakhar wrote:I figured Ea't would be too busy trying to find new ways of turning the Black Queen into foe-shaped chunky bits.
Are you telling me that Ea't would not make time to play with a giant murder dog?
Heresy!
I was just trying to work "foe-shaped chunky bits" into a sentence. :D

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Tue, 1. Aug 17, 17:38

Olterin wrote:... Very odd. Now it's working again. My sincere apologies for the inconvenience :S Forum was straight-up redirecting me to the index page every time I pressed reply, no amount of link fiddling or reloading or restarting the browser seemed to help :|

This is a well known problem of this forum. Deleting the forum cookie and restarting the browser solves it always for me. This solution was also posted by some of the forum admins, but I can't find the exact thread right now.

@Scion Drakhar: Another outstanding chapter! At the end of the last one, the action intensified, and then you continued with the Gin arc. While I first was a bit puzzled about this, I really like it now. This was your way of decreasing the story telling speed and to let the reader calm down. Great! :)

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Thu, 14. Sep 17, 16:15

*fish out the pool noodle and gently prod Scion again, just because*
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Olterin
xr

Post by Olterin » Sun, 17. Sep 17, 19:39

*fishes out another pool noodle, setting it aside gently for future prodding*
"Do or do not, there is no try"
"My Other Overwhelming Mixed Assault Fleet is a Brigantine" -Seleucius, commenting on my ship naming scheme

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Sun, 17. Sep 17, 20:58

I'm kind of just hoping he managed to get somewhere high and dry before the wonderful southern weather turned up.

Scion Drakhar
x3ap

Post by Scion Drakhar » Wed, 20. Sep 17, 00:03

Thanks folks. I'm alive and safe. I live north of Philly, which meant all I had to deal with was some gusts of wind. My heart goes out to everyone facing flooding and fires while so many of our politicians sit idle.

I have more in the works. It's just slow going this time of year. Not sure why. In any case, keep prodding. It does me a world of good. :)

Nathancros

Post by Nathancros » Wed, 20. Sep 17, 06:12

Scion Drakhar wrote: It's just slow going this time of year. Not sure why. In any case, keep prodding. It does me a world of good. :)

BRING FORTH THE CEREMONIAL PROD!
Do you prefer electric, brand, sharp or NOODLE prods? :P

Glad to hear your safe my man, keep yourself safe so we can watch drake NOT be safe!
Nullam et arcu vitae magna instabilitate omnia solvit

Am a recovering Addict of the CREATIVE FORUM.

Long live X3

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Thu, 21. Sep 17, 03:26

Easy answer: Heat makes brain run slower. Harder to write.

Wait... Isn't the ceremonial prod the giant foam finger with the rocket on the end? And I thought we agreed not to use that after the 'incident'?

Scion Drakhar
x3ap

Post by Scion Drakhar » Thu, 21. Sep 17, 06:50

Triaxx2 wrote:Wait... Isn't the ceremonial prod the giant foam finger with the rocket on the end? And I thought we agreed not to use that after the 'incident'?
Oh hell, guys! And Triaxx, I have to remember to never drink anything, especially anything hot, when reading one of your posts. Hot coffee does not feel good involuntarily routed through nasal passages.

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Thu, 21. Sep 17, 17:18

Scion Drakhar wrote:
Triaxx2 wrote:Wait... Isn't the ceremonial prod the giant foam finger with the rocket on the end? And I thought we agreed not to use that after the 'incident'?
Oh hell, guys! And Triaxx, I have to remember to never drink anything, especially anything hot, when reading one of your posts. Hot coffee does not feel good involuntarily routed through nasal passages.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I didn't eat or drink anything when I read this, but I sure as hell laughed. Scion once said Triaxx2 was his favorite smartass, and this made him my favorite smartass as well. :D
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Fri, 22. Sep 17, 00:25

Warning, posts may contain nasally harmful humor.

Glad I can amuse you.

I've been doing Youtube, but I'm trying to get back into the mood to do my own DiD again. It's just something that takes a lot of creativity and the summer saps my creativity pretty hard.

Return to “Creative Universe”