[VIDEO] My reason to play X-Rebirth again.

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

metalvenom
x4

[VIDEO] My reason to play X-Rebirth again.

Post by metalvenom » Fri, 27. May 16, 15:19

Hi Guys,
its been a while :)

here is a video I put together containing many scenes from my game play sessions.
I used the video capture mode when I felt a good scene was in play. after many months here is the result.
please enjoy :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNSHCoOcd_w

JJRSC
x4

Post by JJRSC » Sun, 29. May 16, 00:06

WOW. Great video. Really, really excellent. I knew it would be, having seen your other vids but that was awesome.

Aken_Bosch
Moderator (Italiano)
Moderator (Italiano)
x4

Post by Aken_Bosch » Mon, 30. May 16, 12:59

Glad to see you still in business! There's a whole lotta love for Sequanas in this video!

If you submitted this for that video contest of some time ago, it would have been total ownage. :D

Still, I'm wondering how do you get the "zoom/tele" effect on your camera work, I'd have really liked to have some cuts that way in my video back at the time, but I had to make do with what the normal camera allowed...

metalvenom
x4

Post by metalvenom » Tue, 31. May 16, 11:03

Thank you :) I love the sequana's :)

Well because there is no game sound in this particualr video, I just used the rail gun zoom to get that extra bit of zoom. works well providing you dont use game sounds in the video. as you would have that annoying zoom SFX.

-Skipp-
x4

Post by -Skipp- » Tue, 31. May 16, 12:39

Awesome video. Do you mind if I post it on Alpha Orbital?

Also - what hardware are you running? I'm having smooth FPS in X:R but not in all systems shown in the video. Or did you just speed it up by 10-20% to make it smoother for the video?

metalvenom
x4

Post by metalvenom » Thu, 2. Jun 16, 15:15

Hi Skipp,
sure go right ahead. I used the video capture mode ingame. its not a direct recording of gameplay. its still frames captured at 60 frames per second.
so instead of a video file. you have 100s of still sequenced images that you then convert into a video file. the result is ultra smooth gameplay footage.
hope that helps.
p.s just looked at your site. very impressive :) bookmarked

Aken_Bosch
Moderator (Italiano)
Moderator (Italiano)
x4

Post by Aken_Bosch » Thu, 2. Jun 16, 16:18

metalvenom wrote:I used the video capture mode ingame. its not a direct recording of gameplay. its still frames captured at 60 frames per second.
so instead of a video file. you have 100s of still sequenced images that you then convert into a video file. the result is ultra smooth gameplay footage.
hope that helps.
And after almost three years, I finally managed to know how that "video capture" mode worked. If only I knew before!

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Tue, 9. Aug 16, 19:26

Amazing video, congratulations!

Return to “Creative Universe”