Resolution stretching in full screen - X2 The Threat

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Mastermue
x3ap

Resolution stretching in full screen - X2 The Threat

Post by Mastermue » Sat, 12. Aug 17, 08:51

I have been a long time player of X2 and have barely had any issues.

Recently though, I have gone to play it and instead of having the 4:3 resolution with black borders in full screen mode the game is now stretching across the entire screen which I dislike. Also the windowed mode is chopping the top and bottom off the game. urgh.

I'm using win 7 64 bit which I have been for ages without issue on the Steam version (1.5)

I have changed my graphics card to a gtx1060 6gb (from a gtx580 asus matrix) and my monitor to an ASUS VS248HR gaming monitor.
Any hints on how I can get it back to the way it was?
Thanks.;

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 12. Aug 17, 13:46

You need to change the resolution and/or display format on your graphics card control panel when playing the game. You can also set up custom game display scaling for your card. That is usually done by setting up some form of custom profile either in the game or in an external game profiler that sets up the relevant graphics card options when you start the game.

The other way is to change those aspects manually in the graphics card control panel or on your monitor settings but then that would affect every other application too unless you change the settings back after playing.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Mastermue
x3ap

Post by Mastermue » Sun, 13. Aug 17, 00:48

Okay. I'll look into that tomorrow.
Thanks for the reply Al.

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”